"any guys out there?" 6-30

m keith

Cathlete
Greetings gents! I'm back from a long week of talking to middle/high school teachers about the US Civil War. How exciting, yes? I did manage to get some workouts in - although not as many as usual...so I'll have to make up a little this week.
Yesterday, I did the Cardio Coach "press play" interval run and my backside is paying for it today...today begins another gym style rotation.
I'll catch all you guys later - and Ben...take it easy with that knee, brother!
Keith

RE:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the men's check-in, but not new to Cathe. I've been doing Cathe for a couple years now, but just recently discovered there was a check-in forum on this site!

I'm going to do MM today, and Imax 3 tomorrow. Pleased to finally "meet" all of you!

Tim

RE:

Hey guys-

And welcome Tim! Imax 3 is still one of the hardest workouts ever.

I missed checking in yesterday - I did Pyramid Upper Body on Sunday, and just finished Body Max 2 - Scrambled Eggs Premix. I'm literally dripping with sweat. Hard stuff, but fun.

I may try to mow the lawn before taking a shower. First a couple big glasses of water.

I know some of you really enjoy the P90X series. I have a friend that has them and I can borrow them. Any idea where to start? I don't want to commit to them for the 90 day program, but rather incorporate them into my regular Cathe workouts. From what I've seen, I don't think I could handle Tony for 90 days in a row.:) Also, not much variety as far a cardio goes. Any suggestions would be good.

Ben

RE:

Hey guys - and welcome Tim!!
Ben - I think you will like incorporating p90x in to your regular rotations. Personally, when I am on a "C90X" rotation, I switch out all the p90x cardio with an imax (usually II or III). I will also substitute KPC or kickmax for Kenpo X. Honestly, as much as I love the Tony workouts, I find Cathe's cardio more intense.
I've gone through the p90x program to the letter but hey...its all about muscle confusion, right? can't keep doing the same 90 days over and over.
I also bring in some p90x+ stuff too, and I do a lot of cardio coach interval runs on the treadmill. I think mixing things up is a great way to go.
have fun bringin' it, bro!
Keith

RE:

Hey guys!

Happy July!!!

Tim, I'm glad you found your way to Cathe's Guys Check-In!!! Welcome!

I started a new rotation Monday, with Chest from Gym Styles (only push-ups), Pyramid and CTX Upper Body. I did a 45' premix of Low Max in the afternoon.
Today I did Tris & Bis from Pyramid + MM plus Abs from MM.

I've built enough muscle volume and I am looking into a rotation focused more on definition. Just waiting for a few suggestions from my "Guru" FitnessFreak.

C U All 2morrow!

Chris.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.