Any dancers?

I'm a beginning dancer and I've done Cathe videos in the past but am now working with pilates and yoga, etc to keep up my flexibility. A lot of dancers have said they don't do heavy weight work and it can make them less flexible...Do any of you agree with this? :confused:

Yes, I agree. I am back at Cathe after a long break, but a few years ago, when I was doing regular wt training via Cathe, I wasn't as flexible in my dance. But my dance did benefit from my overall fitness and strength and endurance. I think if you stretch and keep yoga and pilates in your rotation, the wt training will still be an advantage if you like to do it and like how you look. Plus, I hate to stretch and the only time I stretched was in dance class. So maybe it doesn't have to be that way.

I was a dancer, and I know many dancer's that weight trained. You MUST stretch! ALOT. But that goes for anybody who wants a well rounded fitness routine, IMO

I have ballroom danced on and off for several years. I went through spells working out with weights and didn't notice any difference. I feel more flexible now than ever since I've started my second time around with STS. Like the others have said, I did a lot of stretching and yoga.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.