Any Cathe beginners?

I did the first 60 minutes of LIC this morning. I could not do most of the ab work. My core is just too weak and my low back is aching. I thing I need to find a beginner ab workout because I am getting pretty discouraged. I did so well on all of the rest and it was pretty fun. I think I never picked this w/o up before because it seemed to use a lot of equipment.

Zbridget- congrats on the Upper Body! I was very sore for a couple of days after, but the good news is that it didn't impede my cardio, where the PLB made my calves ache for days. they were so swollen, I swear I felt them know each other when I walked!

I have another weigh-in tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Nancy Deux

Nancy Duex: Congratulations on doing 60 minutes of LIC—you go girl! I understand your disappointment when it comes to abs—I definitely have a weak core and if I try to keep up with Cathe when I do her ab workouts, I end up killing my lower back. I just try to do the ab exercises as long as I can do them and I do them at my own pace. Sometimes, I even run through the sections a second time just so I can feel like I am going the distance and not cheating myself. Good luck on your weigh-in, let us all know how you did!

Bridget: Everyone deserves a rest day—enjoy it!

I had a really bad day at work yesterday, followed by a huge traffic jam on the way home so it took me almost a 1 ½ hours to get home from work last night. Tried to do my cardio, but I was so agitated that I couldn’t get through the warm up without a bunch of flub ups. I was so disheartened I decided to do 30 minutes of Core Max and 30 minutes of Stretch Max off of Fit TV and found I really need to work on my core and I damn sure am not as limber as I use to be! Needless to say, I did the best I could and hope to be able to do a hard 45 minutes of cardio followed by 20 minutes of lower body tonight!

jatbdp- I hope the stretching helped. A long ride in bumper to bumper traffic is so stressful and sitting just seems to aggravate whatever is tight.

Today I did LowMax 1-4 and the Bonus Mix of PUB and PLB. I really enjoyed it and I didn't have to contend with my nemesis- the BALL!

My 12 yo daughter has started doing Cathe. She completed Basic Step last night for the first time. I am trying to tell her it is about fit and healthy-- not skinny, but she couldn't really "hear" me. I heard her tell a friend that she would never be skinny. She is already in great shape just doesn't have that boniness that the middle schoolers seem to covet. I'd take her body over theirs any day. I thought I had talked her "up", but whatever I said only seemed to make her feel diminished. These kids today have so much social pressure. It is nuts.

Hi all! I was wondering if I could join in. I'm returning back to Cathe after a few years of doing other stuff (and have gotten incredibly out of shape). I know Cathe can whip me back into shape. But I do consider myself back at Cathe-beginner stage.

Actually, I'm going to mix in a few older Firms and FitPrimes with some easier Cathe's. I don't think I can jump into a full Cathe rotation yet.

I thought it would be more motivating to join in with other folks here.

welcome Glitter!

So I did end up getting sick so no workout for the past 3 days. I am starting to feel a lot better (was back at work today) and I'm thinking I will pick up tomorrow with Kick Punch & Crunch.

Bridget:
Woohoo on trying Pyramid Upper Body! How'd you like it?

Nancy (betterallthetime):
Congrats on getting through LIC! I love that workout - the music is so much fun. Cathe's ab work is tough so I try what I can and usually do modifications if something is too hard or just seems too crazy. I'm with you on PUB - I notice the soreness but it's not overpowering which is good. My calves were sore after PLB this past weekend too but I wasn't as sore this time so I hope that means I'm improving. :p

The social pressure these days is crazy. It seems to be about skinny and not healthy. I think you are trying to send a good message - it is about fit and healthy and everyone looks different but it is hard to accept. I know I wasn't happy with how I was in high school but now I'd love to be that. :D Anyway, just keep reinforcing the positive messages and I think she'll hear you.

Jennifer:
Sorry to hear you had such a bad day the other day and it's always worse when you get stuck in a traffic jam too. Hope the past couple of days have been better! Great job on completing your workout after that though so you did great!

Glitter:
Welcome!! We'd love to have you join us! The more the merrier.

I think you'd be surprised at how quickly you can do a Cathe rotation - even it is only a beginner or intermediate one. What FIRM workouts are you planning on rotating in?

Welcome Glitter!

I did card & weights this morning, and did my best with the abs stuff at the end. I had forgotten how much fun it was. I am still a little achey from PUB two days ago, but not too bad.

I won't be posting for a few days, my daughter is making her First Communion and family is coming to visit from out of town- check in with you after

Hi all! Thank you for the welcome!

Last night, I did Maximum Body Shaping with Tracie. I'm not sure just yet which FIRMs I'll use; I'll spend time this week-end going through my videos and selecting the first batch to use. I've been lurking here for a few weeks trying to re-familiarize myself with all the Cathe videos and getting ideas from the rotations, and I've been reading the posts in this thread to get an idea of pre-mixes I can use too. I know I want to use Push-Pull.

MBS felt good last night. I used the weights they suggested and I made it all the way through; I was relieved with that.

Bridget:
Great job with Cardio + Weights! Hope the family visit and your daughter's First Communion all goes well!

Glitter:
Let us know what workouts you come up with. Great job on MBS...definitely an older and toughie FIRM!

Feeling a bit better today but this cold is still around! At least I'm able to sleep now so that helps but I am seriously sleep deprived. I attempted Kick Punch & Crunch and got through about 12 minutes or so until I realized I just didn't have the energy (from lack of sleep) and I started sneezing too much. Hoping to be able to do PLB tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

This morning I did "Push-Pull". What a delightful workout! This will be a good one to guage my progress. Highlights or lowlights:
Squats - I used no weight
Deadlifts - 23# bar
Lunges - no weight. Couldn't do all reps
Leg press - no weight. Short FIRM box
Abs & shins - couldn't do all reps

I pulled out my Cathe videos. I will stick with Basic Step / Body Fusion for start off. Once I saw the description again, I remembered that I really liked them.

Workout Manager - I checked it out this morning. It looks really awesome! Do you all use it?

I hope everyone has a great week-end and does something fun! I'll be spending time in my garden. I hope to get a little pond started. I had a little pond two years ago, and it attracted lots of birds and dragonflys!

Glitter- thanks for the update. I just ordered Push/Pull and am looking forward to giving it a try.

I did the LIC Cardio Premix yesterday. I had a very "tired" day and my allergies are dragging me down. I am wondering if I am getting sick. I had some dental surgery last week and am on a big dose of antibiotics, so it would have to be a virus. I am very tired and achy and the allergies have settled in a funny place in my throat.

I did the PUB PLB bonus on Thurs and 1-4 of Low Max, so maybe I am just tired. I get up at 6am with my kids and stay up too late, so it could just be cumulative tiredness. Who knows.
So, today may be a rest day or just a nice walk or something.

Phoenix (Nancy), hope you are perking up and feeling better.

This Nancy

Glitter: Welcome to the group! You will find that everyone here is extremely friendly and helpful. When I have questions or doubts I always find that my new friends here can help me over the rough spots! Right now, I am doing Basic Step/Body Fusion and I am getting ready to throw in Kick Punch and Crunch once I receive it in the mail. I use the Workout Manager and absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it—I find it gives me motivation and helps keep me on track. Good luck with your pond, wish I could enjoy the weather outside this weekend, but it is yucky and rainy.

ZBridget: Congratulations on your daughter making her First Communion. My niece is having her First Communion this weekend also, so we are all getting together tomorrow. Enjoy your time with your family and let us know how things went!

Nancy: Glad you are feeling better and able to sleep. Kudos for attempting Kick Punch & Crunch when you weren’t feeling up to par. Keep resting and drinking plenty of liquids and before you know it you will whip right through it! I am seriously looking forward to getting my DVD in the mail—I keep checking the mail daily and when I am at work I call my husband to see if it has arrived!

This Nancy: Sorry you had a tired day yesterday and I hope the allergies get better. Seems like this year a lot of the allergies are in the throat—I keep making these funny noises because my inner ears and throat itch from my allergies. While I don’t wish your allergies on you, I really hope you aren’t getting sick! Have a great rest day and if you walk—enjoy it!

I have a difficult time keeping you Nancy’s identified, so from now on, do you each care if I use your ID name for my own sanity?! Hope everyone has a safe weekend!

No workout for me today - still fighting off this cold. I am feeling better but the lack of sleep earlier in the week is catching up. I have reworked my workout rotation so I will be starting tomorrow with the same workouts just moved around a bit.

Glitter:
Great job with Push-Pull! I use the workout manager and love it.

Nancy (betterallthetime):
I hope you aren't getting sick too - mine started with feeling really tired (even though I had slept enough) and a sore throat. Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer:
I think you are going to love Kick Punch & Crunch. I hope you get it soon! LOL on checking the mail and calling your husband. I'm like that too when I'm expecting something - I'm always checking the mail or the tracking information even at work. It's almost like I think I'm getting a present...except that I paid for it. LOL

And no worries on using the ID names for us Nancys. :)

Nancy,

Did someone already ask you where you got your weight progression scale? As I continue to do Cathe's workouts, I would like to have one to chart my weight loss.

Jennifer:
There's a link at the top of the page called Cathe Fun. If you click that link, it displays a page where you can set up tickers for STS, weight loss and pregnancy. You can also download Cathe wallpaper too.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I'm checking in with Low Impact Circuit. I'm feeling a lot better today and hope that it is only a few more days before this cold is completely gone.

Nancy,

Thanks for the info on the ticker, I will check it out. I am glad you are feeling better. I decided to do Stretch Max yesterday and think I will add it to my routine every Saturday. I've decided to take every Sunday off to rest. I did my 2 week weigh in yesterday and thanks to Cathe I lost 5.6 pounds!! So I am really psyched to begin again tomorrow! Hope everyone is having a great weeknd!

My daughter's First Communion was beautiful, great day, great time with family, ate lots of things I shouldn't have, oh well.

Saturday morning, I got up and took a 60minute walk, trot, more walk outside- couldn't bring my self to put in a workout DVD with my parents staying with me. Sunday is my rest day. I have been resting every other day so far, and I think it has been beneficial. I can do the more "hardcore" workout frequencies later on. I find if I do too much when I am getting started, I will burn out, so I am working up slowly.

Nancies- sorry you both have been under the weather, I would advise to do something light or not at all when under the weather. Maybe one of the basic step & cardio fusion add ons.

Jen- congrats on the weight loss! That is fabulous!

Glitter- you are making me want to pull out push pull from my collection for tomorrow.

Jennifer:
Congratulations on the 5.6lb loss!! That is fantastic!

Bridget:
Glad to hear everything went well for her First Communion. It sounds like you are having a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.