Any Botox or Restylane users out there?

Carmen829

Cathlete
Big 5-0 is right around the corner for me. I've been consistient with my Cathe workouts and eating pretty good and I'm looking and feeling very good. Although I could use a little refreshening in my face.

I just had a consult today and I could get some work done for about $945. It would be botox for the eleven lines on the brow and a filler (Restylane) for around the mouth (nasal labial lines). Restylane lasts about 6 to 9 months and botox about 3 months according to the doc. And then you have to maintain, although the price would be less than the initial 945 because you are using less injectables.

Is there anyone out there that has had this done? Would you share your results? Are you happy you did it? Would you continue to do it?

Thanks

Carmen.

I get both, & I absolutely love them. :) I've been botoxing for about 8 years now, & restylane for about a year. And I have absolutely no intention of stopping. :p

But I don't know why docs keep telling their patients it lasts longer, you need less, etc. etc. I get botox every 10-11 weeks--it does NOT last the full 3 mos. for me--and I get restylane every 6 mos. There are no long term benefits to it. Once it wears off, it's gone.

$945 for both is a really incredible deal, & I'd jump on it. Where do you live? I'm wondering if it'd be worth the travel time & expense for me. ;)

Oh, one other thing--make sure your doc is board certified, & that you really trust her/him. If this is the first time you've seen her/him, get some references. People have been really messed up by bad docs (google Priscilla Presley & botox if you want to see an example).

Good luck! Let me know how you like it........

Lauramax, thank you for the information. I live in SW florida. Its a dermatology/spa combo place. The doctor is a dermatologist certified in the injectables. Its great to know how long it lasts on you. That's much different than what they said this morning. Thanks again.

I just made an appointment for a consultation with a dermatologist for the same issues. I'm taking great care of my body, but my skin just isn't along for the ride.:(

Carmen, I live in Florida also, the Sarasota area. Are you near by?

My consult is next Thursday. Hope your appointment goes well.

Debbie Russo

Love it

I'm with LauraMax. I got Restaline in the nasal folds and my upper lip about 6 or 7 months ago. i want to do it again sooo bad because I was thrilled with the results. I've been out of work since December so my husband will shoot me if do it again anytime soon,but once finances are stable again I'll be at he dematoligist in a minute!! What I loved about it was, everyone said I looked really good but, they could not figure out what I had done. Good Luck. IOh yeah, I haven't got Botox yet , but I will when I need it.

I just made an appointment for a consultation with a dermatologist for the same issues. I'm taking great care of my body, but my skin just isn't along for the ride.:(

Carmen, I live in Florida also, the Sarasota area. Are you near by?

My consult is next Thursday. Hope your appointment goes well.

Debbie Russo

Debbie I live i the Fort Myers area. The place I went to for the consultation is called River Chase Dermatology. My consultation went well and I already have more than 1/2 the money for it. I want to have it done before my birthday in August. If all goes well I will get it done in June. Of course I may need a re-up by August.

Let me know how it goes for you. Maybe we can start a SWF support group of older chicks in pretty good condition trying to stay fresh (just kidding). Thanks.

Carmen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.