Another face of success

mkunkel

Cathlete
My success story is a bit different than some. I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but a lot of confidence to gain. Cathe and her forums have helped me in so many ways...

For the past several months, I've been unemployed. I was very happy where I was working, but the company was not getting any new work and they were forced to lay people off. Unfortunately, I was one of them, and I was devastated. I felt like a failure. After the initial shock and too many margaritas, I got busy looking for a new job, but I had no luck whatsoever. I became very depressed, started eating more and exercising less. I was not being the wife or stepmother I had always strived to be, and that was making me feel worse. I was being a selfish whiner. Yuck! After a few months of feeling sorry for myself, I decided I needed to get out of this rut. I didn't like the person I was becoming.

I've always been relatively healthy - good eating habits, fairly active, exercised on and off since I was a teen (although I never stuck with it long enough to see results). On the other hand, I've always been relatively shy and insecure. I always wore a big t-shirt over my bathing suit because I hated my ugly white thighs and butt. A long time ago I had happened upon the videofitness website while searching for some new exercise videos and saw that Cathe's workouts were favorites. I was intrigued, but I didn't order any at that time. Well, one day while I was surfing the net for some career possibilites, I headed to the Cathe website. After browsing the forums, I decided that a Cathe workout was just what I needed to get me out of my rut. I ordered the Power Hour+ DVD and the Pure Strength DVD, and they were everything I hoped they would be. Cathe's personality was so uplifting and encouraging, and her workouts got me off of my butt and into motion.

I've been working out with Cathe ever since; bought 2 more DVDs and can't wait for her new ones. She has changed my life. I know that may sound hokey, but it's true. I not only lost a few pounds of junk food I put on during my depression, but I am more sculpted and fit-feeling than I've ever been. I wear a bikini without shame. Her workouts challenged me more than anything ever had. They not only strenghtened my body, they've strengthened my heart and head. I was at the point of losing it, but Cathe kept me sane. Now I feel confident and strong, that I can succeed if I try my best. My relationships with my husband and stepdaughter are better than ever. I got into gear and decided a career change may be necessary, even if it's not what I have experience in or went to college for. I haven't gotten a new job yet, but am actively pursuing three different leads. (Keep your finger crossed!) Wherever I end up, it will be an exciting new challenge. In the past, I would've felt intimidated and scared about trying something new, but not anymore.

To sum this up, I feel like a new person. I thank Cathe for her wonderful workouts and the many of you who have answered my questions on the forum. You made me feel like I had friends when I feared I had nothing. I am inspired by others' amazing success stories and hope that maybe mine will encourage somebody to change their life and take control, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.

Thanks for listening,
Melissa

What a great story! You are right, it's not all about the outside, it is what happens on the inside when we challenge ourselves!

I think we are all so lucky to have found Cathe's workouts. She has changed our bodies & minds!

Now, this is the perfect story to read again if I ever feel like I am getting into a slump!:+

Wow Melissa! That is an awesome story! Mental and emotional is just as important as pyhsical. I am so happy for you and I can't say enough about finding Cathe's place either! She is a Godsend! Good Luck with your job search and thanks for sharing your VERY inspiring story with us!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Wow Melissa, what a great success story! I think we forget all too often about how much we get emotionally and mentally from working out. I think there's some connection between getting physically strong and becoming mentally stronger. And Cathe has that way of making you feel you can do anything! It's wonderful you found her, I know I thank my lucky stars all the time for finding Cathe and this site!

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Thank you all for your supportive words. I was hoping that by the time I responded to your responses I would have some more success to share (like getting a job!), but I'm still going through the testing/interviewing/waiting procedures for a couple of companies. These past few weeks have been stressful while hoping for good news, but Cathe's workouts are helping to relieve some of that anxiety. I have to admit though, those low-ends in Power Hour sometimes frustrate me more. }(

Donna and Debbie, thank you for your inspirational stories of amazing success. I'm sure you have made many of us believe that anything is possible if we have faith in ourselves (and have a great support network such as Cathe's forum ;) ). It is encouraging to read everyone's success story. We all have different circumstances, different bodies, etc., but have the same common goals.

Hi Melissa! Thanks for sharing your story with us. Your strength and confidence is admirable! It is great to see how you took control of your situation and didn't let it defeat you. Take Care!

Thank you Cathe for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond - it means a lot to me. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others. What would we do without you? Your incredible workouts and encouraging words have changed our bodies and our lives...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.