Announcing the Grand Opening of Our New On Demand Streaming Video Portal

I'm not sure if I saw an answer somewhere else, but is the ability to rewind and fast forward going to be added? A rewind 10 or 30 seconds would be helpful too as well as the ability to select where in the track to start playing. It looks like all you can do is pause and play.

Scrubber Bar

As with most streaming video players you use the scrubber bar to move forward and backwards in the timeline.

As with most streaming video players you use the scrubber bar to move forward and backwards in the timeline.

When I play the video I don't get that scrubber bar. I tried both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 11. All I can do is click the video which plays or pauses it (depending on the current status).

Scrubber Bar

It's there, you just have to scroll down to the bottom of the player window and look in the lower left corner of the player just under the pause button. I double checked IE 11 just to make sure for you.

It's there, you just have to scroll down to the bottom of the player window and look in the lower left corner of the player just under the pause button. I double checked IE 11 just to make sure for you.

Thanks so much! It is there... just way down below. :p

Sale End Date

We will give everyone at least a 7 day notice before our Grand Opening special ends. We want to launch "Cathe Live" first and make sure everything is working properly before setting a sale end date.

SNM,
Thanks for responding too all of the questions! You have answered many of the ones that are in my head. Cathe Live sounds great. Is $9.97/month a temporary price cut? Will it go up after the "presale"?

Cathe On Demand - I'm not certain of the true benefit if I already own MANY past produced dvds. Is there a big advantage that I am missing? (please read my question with genuine sincerity and personal ignorance) :) $19.97/month is cheaper than a gym membership but is pricey for dvds I already own (of course I don't own all 200). Is this the time in my life when I need to truly look beyond my dvd player?

Will the price go up drastically after the introductory period?

Thanks for being patient with all of our questions.

Why Purchase OnDemand

I think the thing to remember is that whether you buy our DVDs, Downloads or Subscribe to our new Cathe OnDemand the workout is the same and that is what is important - not the technology.

Each of these different forms of media have their advantages and disadvantages. In case of our new OnDemand network you get all of our videos which means you don't have to worry about not having a workout if you're following one of Cathe's monthly rotations. OnDemand also makes it much quicker and easier to find and load a workout since you don't have to search through a pile of DVDs. You can also access our OnDemand workouts whenever and wherever you travel on your phone or laptop. This is a great way for travelers to keep their fitness routing going strong even when they're on the road. And lastly, you don't have to pay for new releases and you get Cathe Live for Free if you join during our Grand Opening sale.

DVDs have their advantages too, like chapter points and premixes, though this is something our next generation streaming videos will have soon too. DVDs also don't require an internet connection which for people in rural areas can be extremely slow and problematic.

Eventually you will have no choice but to switch to OnDemand services as DVDs will be phased out by almost everyone. But that's not going to happen this year and when exactly this will be is anyone's guess.

So if you're happy with your DVDs then by all means keep using them. You can always buy Cathe live separately and see if you like streaming before committing to our new OnDemand service

I LOVE the streaming video service! I've done three of DVD's that I have been wanting to try for a long time. I have many more that I want to do. Thanks Cathe!

There are multiple posts about not being able to log into the site for streaming. I can log into the site from a PC/laptop, but not from the Chrome App on my smartphone. On the Smartphone the pages do not load correctly and the list of videos to stream won't display at all :(

Are you having that same issue? Are they going to fix this for the Android Smartphone? If not, I'll have to cancel my subscription.

What will the music be live on Cathe Live? Just wondering because music is a huge factor for me. I absolutely love the music in Cathe's last two series and I find it very motivating. Hope she will use similar, up to date music in Live!

Problem viewing videos on Android phone

There are multiple posts about not being able to log into the site for streaming. I can log into the site from a PC/laptop, but not from the Chrome App on my smartphone. On the Smartphone the pages do not load correctly and the list of videos to stream won't display at all :(

Are you having that same issue? Are they going to fix this for the Android Smartphone? If not, I'll have to cancel my subscription.

We've had very few reports of users not being able to view their videos on smartphones. The login problems you see in this thread are mainly from people trying to sign up for the service, not view their videos. The problem some people have had registering is because they think they can use their forum or shop.cathe login and password which you can't. This is a separate system and everyone has to register as a new customer.

As for using your Android phone using Chrome we haven't seen any problems on the Android phones we have tested. I just checked on an HTC Android using Chrome and it worked just fine. The few problems we've heard about from smartphone users are mainly due to not be connected to wifi. I would suggest checking to see if your phone is connected to wifi and if not you will need to turn it on. If you're still having a problem just email us with as many details as you can and we will be glad to further assist you.

If your problem is not viewing, but simply trying to login to your already purchased stream account on your Android phone then you just need to tap on the square icon on your phone after going to cathe.com/stream which will then give you the "My Account" link to select. Once you select the my account link you just have to make sure to enter the correct username and password. And it should work just fine on your Android phone.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to stream from a Samsung Smart TV? I'd love this service but that's the only way it would be useful for me. I know my tv has internet capabilities but I'm not exactly sure how to use it. Or does it work with a Roku? I'd buy one of those of it's an option!

this is pretty cool. I admit it won't work for me because I am in a rural area with slow spotty internet, but would like to try it for a little while anyway. maybe in a couple years we will join the rest of the world.:)
How exactly do I view from my TV? is there a way to connect through apple TV?

Streaming to your TV

Yes, you can stream to your TV using Apple TV as well as many other ways, including Google's Chromecast. We plan on posting video tutorials on these as well as other ways to stream to your TV shortly.

I've already used it a few times and love it. My pc is easier than my laptop. My pc show the whole viewing area including the pause button and bar, my laptop doesn't. So for my laptop, I have to scroll down to get it paused, unpause it, the scroll back up so I can see Cathe's head. So if you can use a pc, that's what I would recommend.

I've already used it a few times and love it. My pc is easier than my laptop. My pc show the whole viewing area including the pause button and bar, my laptop doesn't. So for my laptop, I have to scroll down to get it paused, unpause it, the scroll back up so I can see Cathe's head. So if you can use a pc, that's what I would recommend.

Can you change the screen resolution on your laptop so that the full screen can be viewed?

I can't stream workouts at home due to poor Internet connection. Will we be able to download Cathe Live workouts and save them on the iPad? I could do that at work for home use. If so, do they have to be downloaded to a PC first?

Thanks! I would hate missing out due to terrible Internet at home.

Gloria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.