An Update on the Freezing Issue!

SNM Videos

Administrator
Our investigation into why some players are having a freeze issue is just beginning, but we wanted to give you an update on what we know so far. We have been consulting experts from SONY (our duplicator) and Telenium (the company we use to film and author our DVDs) about the problem with freezing that several of you have reported.

SONY technicians late today were able to identify the problem, but are mystified as to why it is causing a problem for some people. The error that is causing the problem is known as a “seamless playback flag not set correctly at layer break”. I’m not sure if I understand the error enough at this time to explain to you, but I’ll try. This is an error that SONY sees just about every day and in the company’s history has never caused any problems until now. SONY and Telenium are both baffled how this error happened since the software Telenium uses to author the DVD sets the layer change automatically and there really is no way for human error. How this happened, nobody knows at this point, nor do they understand why it is causing some people to have freeze problems.

Since this is an authoring error it will be up to Telenium to discover why it happened and to correct the problem. Telenium will be researching what SONY discovered today and tomorrow hopefully they can determine what caused the problem. The majority of players will not have a problem playing the new DVDs, but obviously too many of you will. Once we have identified what caused this problem we will have new discs made and will replace any disc that is not working the way it should. We again apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and will keep you updated.

I have yet to receive my workouts but I just want to say a great big, "Thank You!" from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful way you are handling this situation!

Everything you have done in order to get these workouts out, handle endless questions and deal with complaints is remarkable. The way Cathe and SNM cares about quality and service is evident in your actions!:D :D :D

I will continue to purchase Cathe's remarkable workouts and let EVERYONE I know about your WONDERFUL customer service.

Thank You!

Terri

Mine isn't really even a "freeze". In Drill Max, Chapter 27...I am off the step on the right about ready to do the jumping jacks, when all of a sudden it goes into the set-up of firewalkers. I went through the DVD slowly and the timer jumps from something like 41:13 back to 40:34 (at the firewalkers)...so it seems as if part of the workout is missing. Is anyone else having that problem? Kristin

I just did buts and guts on a Sanyo dvd/vcr combo. I had no freezing with this player on this dvd. I have not tried the rest as of yet.
My player is about 1 1/2 yrs old.

I figured you wouls like this feedback.

SNM-

Just wanted to report that my dvds don't "freeze", but rather jump 3 seconds at each of the points mentioned (DM drill 4, LIC lying extensions, BG stretch after floor work, and BM2 power circuit 4). I can certainly live with it, but didn't know if it was helpful at all to let you know. The Cardio Fusion dvd is problem free as far as I can tell--I specifically checked the parts of BM2 and DM that were repeated in this workout, but I guess the layer change may be in a different place!

I really respect all of you working hard at SNM and have full trust in your company--thank you for these wonderful workouts!

I burned 800 cals. doing BM2:D

Kelly

SNM--would it be helpful for you to have a list of specific models that did not have problems vs. specific models that have had problems? Do you want us to post that information in the forum, e-mail it to [email protected], or sit on it for now until you hear more from Sony and the authoring company?

This is the first time I've ever had any issues with any of Cathe's DVD's and I think the way it's being handled is awesome. If you want to know, I have a both cheapo CyberHome DVD player and a new expensive SONY 5 disc changer and both of them froze then skipped forward. I look forward to finding out what the next step is.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/flower02/lb/0/31/26/.png[/img][/url]

This is the first time I've ever had any issues with any of Cathe's DVD's and I think the way it's being handled is awesome. If you want to know, I have a both cheapo CyberHome DVD player and a new expensive SONY 5 disc changer and both of them froze then skipped forward. I look forward to finding out what the next step is.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/flower02/lb/0/31/26/.png[/img][/url]

I would imagine there probably is something like over 10,000 different types of DVD players that have been made. Certainly please post your brand and model number of your player as it may help some customers and lets us know how widespread this problem may be. But understand even the same brand and model of a DVD player may offer different results for different people since the version of its firmware may be different.

SNM - thank you for that update. My DVD's are due to be delivered today. I will preview them and report here any freezing issues. I'll also report here if there aren't any problems. I have an Emerson DVD player.

I also feel so much better knowing that Sony has identified the problem and that SNM will replace the discs:)

I have found a freeze in my Body Max 2 workout. It is only a slight one but it is there. It is between chapter 25-26. It happens right after Cathe puts down the barbell from the Plie squats. I have a Sony 5 disc player, model #DVP-NC665P. I have not make it thru the premixes yet or the other dvd's. I will let you know my findings when I am done.

Thank you for all the work you have done trying to solve the problem!!

Thank you very much for your diligent effort in discovering the problem. Its much appreciated & look forward to my "new" discs in the mail once the problem has been solved. I'm continuing to do my workouts, however, freeze or no freeze. Thanks again! Kathy:D

Kellymom:
If you can still edit your post, please do so, as it can ruin the suprise for those who want it to remain a surprise until they receive their DVD's. It ruined it for me.:-(

Hi SNM,

I have a Sony Home theatre, the Sony Progressive Scan, DVD and Video player. The discs are freezing for about 20 seconds, and then it seems to correct itself. It happened during Low Impact, tri extensions, and Drill Max, combo 4, and Butts, and gutts, but I haven't done Body max yet.

Thank you for trying to get to the bottom of this, and even as some of us have this issue, the workouts are so incredible! Thanks,
Ann Marie:)

Sorry, Kathryn! I didn't realize it was still a secret with all the orders going out. So sorry! My editing time expired already, so I don't know what else to do about that. Sorry everyone.

Kelly

I've only done Low Impact circuit so far, and the only "problem" was a 'skip' in the music, like on an album, but it was barely there.
The workout was AWESOME and well worth waiting for!
barbara p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.