An injury/illness recovery check-in?

tralaiven

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting this check-in/challenge with me pretty soon?

I broke my humerus and shattered the ball of my humerus at the shoulder a month ago today and per dr's orders have been sitting and sleeping in a chair for said month. I am hoping my dr will release me to exercise soon...but in the meantime I was able to do light spinning for 10 min. and weight lift with my left arm yesterday for a total of 25 min....

Anyone game?

Hey Tracy, sure I'll play.
I broke my ankle six weeks ago, two weeks from now I will get my third xray.
Last week I decided to do STS upper body discs, because I'm not able to do lower body workouts. I started with Meso 1, and completed disc 1 and 2, twice each.
This week my plan is to complete disc 4 and 5 twice each.

terrific Fossey! It is great that you are doing something...I will start a check-in under Check-Ins and Challenges and we will get going... hopefully more will join our injured ranks, but if not...you and I can make the most of it!

and sorry about your broken ankle...I can speak with experience that I know it hurts!

Do you have any ideas about what we should call the check-in group?

Last edited:
Can I join you guys? I fell up the stairs two weeks ago (busted my knee/shin/toes on both legs) and last friday I chipped my elbow on the kitchen counter (I don't think my elbow is supposed to have soft spots:confused:) The worst part is I started to put on weight cause I couldn't run like usual.:eek::( I can't even do my yoga cause downward facing dog uses knees and elbows. I can hike and I'm going to try some step (Not Cathe.)

Fossey: Thats a really smart plan. I'm sorry about your broken ankle.

Tracy- Those are some serious injuries. I hope you heal soon.

Alisha

Alisha: it would be great if you would join us!!! Misery loves company :p

I have already started the check-in over there...I am sorry for your injury too...isn't it a bummer!!!??? But I am excited about the daily check-in to walk each other through it :)

see ya there!

Hey! Can I join in?

I've already commiserated with my story in another thread, but I'll repeat. I broke my right wrist doing a step routine on May 26th. I wore a cast for 5 weeks and a brace for 3 weeks. I am now out of the brace 2 weeks and in my second week of hand/wrist therapy.

Good luck to all of you suffering an injury. It changes your life for sure!

it would be great to have you JeanneMarie! Sorry about your injury...all of us at the check-in can relate! I hope you are not in too much pain still.

I have started a thread over at check-ins and challenges!!!

Unfortunately, lol, I'm game for this as well. I'm still on the mend from my pre-Disney RT Achilles injury :(. I went back to working out on it too soon (2 1/2 wks) and did even worse damage to it. So it's been upper body mania for me. Today was the first time that I was actually able to drive myself somewhere, it was pretty liberating, but I'm not about to go bust out a HIIT DVD or nothin, lol. See ya @ the check-in ( & I'll cross post this there) ;)

Hi Ladies,

Would you mind if I joined in too? My issue is more of an "illness" recovery rather than injury, but I'd love to be able to join in on the support in getting back to "regular" workouts. Tomorrow I am going in for my last chemo treatment for breast cancer, and although I will start radiation following, I am counting tomorrow as my official start of the "beginning" of my recovery. :D

Hey Kiki...I am glad to be in a check-in w/ you again!!:D But also sad :(...that you are not better yet. Looks like your guns are going to be locked and loaded:eek: since that's all you can do!

Jewels5: woohoo for your last chemo! I pray your prognosis is excellent! and look forward to seeing you in the check-in :)

I would like to join too! You and I have a similar injury, Tracy, multiple proximal humerus fractures. As I said in a previous thread, my injury was almost a year ago, but I have had 2 surgeries since. I've come a long way with my rehab, but not totally there yet.
BTW~ with the severity of your injury, how did you avoid surgery, Tracy? I was "lucky" to only need a metal plate and screws, but a total shoulder replacement was a possibility. A shoulder fracture is a LONG rehab. My surgeon told me it would take a year and he was right. Hang in there, it will get better ;)

Sarah

Sarah: right now my orthopedist is not saying surgery...I broke my humerus just below the ball of the humerus..but the break was clean AND it stayed together...also when I fell I broke the exterior Only of the ball...breaking it into pieces...However the socket part and interior of the ball is ok and in tact...It seems like it has been slow, and I am really hoping for no surgery and that it is not quite as serious as your injury...for which I am sorry that you had to experience this :( because I have some knowledge of the pain.

BTW: welcome to the check-in!

Thank you for welcoming me, Tracy. The pain of this shoulder injury can't be imagined without experiencing it, right?. I hope you are able to sleep. I didn't sleep thru the night for 5 months, due to the pain.
Sending you healing thoughts....

Sarah

sarah:thankfully, though I cannot lay down and must sleep in a recliner, I was able to get a good night's sleep after a few weeks...it sounds like your injury must be more pervasive than mine....however, I hear you on the pain level...crazy-talk pain that made me pass out from it a few times.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.