An Elliptical on cement floor?

ElaineP

Cathlete
My husband is purchasing a second hand elliptical machine and he wants to put it in the basement on cement flooring. Right near my workout area.(Yeah for me) Those of you who have their cardio equipment on cement, do you have them on top of some sort of padding?

Oh, I have puzzle mats down in my workout area.

I recently moved my elliptical off the rubber mats I had on the cement floor directly to the cement floor. It works exactly the same. There isn't any extra noise, movement or anything. HTH!

Ours is on a cement floor. I use it there w/ no probs. However, DH drags it out on top of the puzzle mats everytime he uses it so he can see the TV better. Strange one, that DH of mine......

Nan

It's not an elliptical, but I had my recumbant bike on the foam pads and I hated the way it moved around. Like it wasn't sitting firm or something. I finally ditched the pads and sat it directly on the concrete. I really prefer it this way. It feels much more stable. I think it would still be fine on one of those really thin equipment mats, but I don't really like it on the puzzle mat type pads. This isn't a problem with my treadmill since it is so heavy. I have it on the pads no problem. I think depending on the eliptical though, I would want it directly on the concrete like I have my bike.

Ours is on a cement floor. I use it there w/ no probs. However, DH drags it out on top of the puzzle mats everytime he uses it so he can see the TV better. Strange one, that DH of mine......

Nan

Wow! Dragging that thing is a workout in itself! Well, don't discourage him; he's getting additional exercise! :D

Great, I think we will try it on the cement floor first. Now DH just needs to make arrangements to pick it up. I wish he would hurry!

Mine is on cement and it's fine. You just have to adjust the things on the bottom of machine so it's not wabbily. - autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.