Amy's In the Ring

tygra

Cathlete
HI!

For those that have done this, what did you think? I love her new Hi Low one and thinking I may try this. How would you rank it as a cardio workout? What did you think of it and it vs the new Hi Low one?

TIA
Jane

If you do a search there is a thread where some have already talked about what they thought of this workout. It's only about a week old if that. I would post the link for you but I'm not very computer savy.

Farrah

I've done the w/o only once last week and I'm still on the fence about it. It is a bit of a space hog too. The w/o is I think over 1hr long and I feel I really didn't start to sweat until about 1/2 way through it. I think I will get more use out of it using one of the pre-mixes. I think it is called the Great Pre-mix and it's approx. 50min. and it has the 1st combo and interval, 3rd & 4th combo and intervals. I felt the 3rd & 4th combo/intervals are what really got my heart rate up. HTH.

I took a peek at this when I first heard about it, and decided against it, simply because I already have the best kickbox tape, bar none, in the business, in Kick, Punch, and Crunch...with the different premixes and workout blender, I can pretty much do a different version of this each time.

When I want a form refresher, I have Kelli Roberts Kickboxing for Dummies, along with ACE's Guide to Kickboxing, which are both real good resources.

Well, I only did the first two combos/intervals so far. It's definitely a cardio workout. And I think once I get the moves down, and give them my all, it will be a very intense workout. I'm not used to more complicated choreo in KB, so I think I'll end up tacking sections of this onto more familiar workouts until I'm more comfortable with the choreo. I've grown to really enjoy KB, so am very excited about mastering this one.

Thanks for the responses!

I put it in last night and turned it off in Combo 3 - some of the moves were awkward for me - didn't flow right but maybe I'll get it more and like it more if I try it again. I didn't feel much of a cardio workout - my heart rate didn't raise much, even during the intervals. However, I LOVED her new Hi Low Knockout one a lot! So maybe I'll have to give this another try down the road.

Jane

I like it alot, but thought the warm-up was too long. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I like it a lot too and the second time I did In the Ring, I liked it even more. I think it has some fun, unique combo's and I love the med ball drills. This is one that will get better and better for me as I get more comfortable with the combo's and there are a could of moves I have to figure out how to modify for space. Cathe used to be all I did, pretty much all the time, but now I reach for Amy's cardio more than anyone else. She has a knack for consistently producing workouts with challenging, fresh, fun, advanced choreography and I ususally love her music selections. In the Ring is dfferent from KPC or any of Cathe's in that the combo's are more complex and involved. Amy's choreography is motivating and interesting. It's different from Amy's KBX in that In the Ring is a lot lower impact. It is a VERY good cardio workout...a bit different, which I appreciate. I find that the intensity sneaks up on me. I'm not gasping for breath like in HiLow Knockout (that one is SO fun that I put a little too much into it and get myself pooped out...LOL!) but I do work up a nice, little sweat and get a decent cardio workout.
Angela:7

I did this one this morning for the first time and I liked it. I have never done Amy's kickbox before. I liked the choreography but it didn't flow quite right for me. My HR didn't get up as high as I would like but I'm sure that's because I was still learning the combos. I think once I learn the combos, this will be a more intense workout. Even so, I still burned 380 calories but I didn't have time to do Combos 3 and 4 combined. I liked the medicine ball intervals and felt they really worked my core although the one when you do halo over the head felt a little awkward. There was also a spin kick in I think combo 2 which got me flustered. I'm usually great with complex choreography. I've done Amy's hi/lo and step workouts without a problem (well maybe a tiny bit with the step but have only done the step workouts once for each). Amy does very little to no breakdown and I didn't preview before doing this. I will be keeping this one. It would probably get boring for me if I got everything the first time. Part of the fun for me is the challenge.

Marcy

I did the workout this morning in its entirety and loved it! I was able to really kick some butt and I was a sweating fool by the end. Great choreography, and not one bit boring! A major keeper!

I ordered this and can't wait to get it, since I'm a kickboxing fiend. I have one other Bento DVD and honestly I didn't like it until I had gone through it about three times and learned the moves. It does take some patience, but once I gave it some times I made it part of my regular rotation. Granted, Cathe is still the best (she has better form than Amy), but Amy is great for those cardio bursts and interesting combinations.

I have only done this workout once, but loved it. I think I will get a great workout from it once I have the moves downpat. I was very sore in my shoulders and lats the day after doing this one, so I can't wait until I know the moves better and can really get into it. I haven't tried her hi/lo knockout one yet but am looking forward to that too.

>I have only done this workout once, but loved it. I think I
>will get a great workout from it once I have the moves
>downpat. I was very sore in my shoulders and lats the day
>after doing this one, so I can't wait until I know the moves
>better and can really get into it. I haven't tried her hi/lo
>knockout one yet but am looking forward to that too.

HiLow Knockout is an absolute blast and the music rocks! Enjoy!
Angela:7

Oh oh. I didn't order this set, first set I haven't ordered, because I just haven't clicked with Amy. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

I like her newest workouts so much that I bought some of her older dvds from 2007 from deep discounts. I like the floor exercises, the old knees are talking to me these days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.