Amnio Results

KJT

Cathlete
I am 38 and my husband and I had opted NOT to do amino, however, my ultrasound at 18 weeks showed two markers for increased risk of down syndrome or other chromosomal disorders. Even though these two markers only increased our risk for downs a very small percentage, we decided to have amino for the peace of mind. I had the amino last Tuesday--it went very well--I had a positive experience--pain was very minimal--it felt like a bee sting and a bit of pressure--the whole thing was over in 10 minutes! The doctor I saw was able to get me what is called rapid results via the FISH test--I got a phone call on Friday telling me that the chromosomal analysis is normal!!! What a relief! My final results will be in later this week, but I certainly am feeling pretty great about the news on Friday.

Just wanted to share my positive experience with you and let you all know that I am so convinced that keeping up with exercise really helped me handle this situation in an optimistic manner. Of course I had my moments, but those exercise endorphins really helped me keep things in perspective--the power of exercise!!

Thanks for listening!

What a relief! I'm so happy for you!! I know this must have been incredibly stressful! Congratulations on your HEALTHY baby! :)

Erin

Whew! Thanks for sharing this good story.

I declined Amnio as well (35, didn't think it was necessary) and am having my level II in 1.5 wks. It is good to know that even though the u/s shows some potentially questionable results, that it can still be off.

Thanks again!

Leela

KJT!

Soooo happy for you and your little one! Keep us posted. I agree~exercise surely keeps us sane at times, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing with us! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

YAY!!!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-01 AT 08:29AM (Est)[/font][p]I'm so happy and relieved for you! I know that once my own "scare" was over, I had a new outlook and I've felt even more joyful than I ever did before. Now hopefully you can fully enjoy this stage of your pregnancy; the 2nd trimester is supposed to be the "honeymoon" phase--decreased nausea and fatigue, increased energy (great for those workouts we all love so much!)....
Congrats again, and wishing you a joyful remainder of your pregnancy!
--Christine

RE: YAY!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your support and congrads!! It does feel great to have gotten through this! Now, if only my breasts would stop growing!! I swear they are bigger than my belly and out of control--LOL!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.