AMC's The Killing

I’m not saying it’s not annoying, but the character of Sarah recently gave up smoking, which is why she’s always chewing gum. There’s something going on there…not sure what. Is she in recovery too? Her partner asked her if her fiancé ‘made’ her quit smoking. And last night – did they say that Sarah lost custody of one child? I could be wrong.

2 episodes ago, they mentioned that she almost lost custody of her son (the social worker/friend who always helps watch him mentioned that). I think that's her only kid though. Last episode, they were talking about her becoming obsessed with this case like she did with a case about a kid. They make it sound like she had a breakdown or something.

2 episodes ago, they mentioned that she almost lost custody of her son (the social worker/friend who always helps watch him mentioned that). I think that's her only kid though. Last episode, they were talking about her becoming obsessed with this case like she did with a case about a kid. They make it sound like she had a breakdown or something.

Got it! Thanks so much for the clarification! I still have all the episodes in my DVR so I think I will go back and watch them.

I love The Killing!!! I love how dark the whole thing is. Fabulous. And that big wad of gum is supposed to be big and conspicuous since she's trying really hard to stop smoking using the nicotine gum. She's not doing well.

I am watching too. I dont know if it's me but I find that I have to turn the volume way up when watching cause everybody is mumbling? or maybe I'm deaf.
I have seen Bennet's wife before but I cant remember where she is from and what about her sister who was being questioned by the det?
Michelle Forbes (the actress playing the wife) was a regular on Star Trek: The Next Generation (as Ro Laren a Bajoran lieutenant). She more recently was on True Blood.

I've seen the actress playing her sister as well, but can't remember from where. I think she's done a lot of series as a guest star.

So, I'm watching right now. I think they will keep changing the main suspect until the end. For some reason, all of the cop people look like they need to shower. Also, I don't like the fiance of the cop or the girlfriend of the politician. They seem shady.

This series goes by fast. Does anyone like Rubicon?

Yeah, I've realized that whatever suspicions I have, they seem to get blown out of the water from one week to the next. IA about Rick and Gwen. Haven’t seen Rubicon. Looks interesting, but I understand it was canceled?

Does anyone get annoyed by the two main detectives? The girl has the emotional range of a cucumber (and can she please spit out that huge wad of gum she carries around with her everywhere PLEASE) and the guy is just greasy and weird. I'm still liking the show, but can't stand the two leads.

Really? They’re quirky, but I like them. Even though Holder's looking more and more shady, and I'm thinkin' he's gotta be the leak, I still want him to turn out to be a decent guy.

I'm really enjoying this show, but I wish it would stop raining. I lived in Seattle for a year and it does not rain - especially pour - 24/7.

The actors portraying the parents are doing a phenomenal job, their grief is almost tangible.

Debbie Russo

I read this somewhere else, too—that folks from Seattle said it doesn’t rain THAT much. Totally agree about the parents!

So many questions… I wonder who the woman is who killed Richmond’s wife? I wonder if Stan’s past will come back to haunt if (or perhaps it already has), and if Bennett and his wife truly are innocent.

I had been thinking that Stan might have been connected to the death of Richmond’s wife, but now with this other woman in the mix, who knows? Did you notice when Richmond’s MIL made the comment that he can’t forgive himself? Interesting!

I am watching too. I dont know if it's me but I find that I have to turn the volume way up when watching cause everybody is mumbling? or maybe I'm deaf.
I have seen Bennet's wife before but I cant remember where she is from and what about her sister who was being questioned by the det?

No, I sometimes have trouble understanding what some of the characters say. I end up watching all the episodes twice because I want to look for clues I might have missed, and partly because I don’t always fully catch the dialogue.

The wife was the little girl Chrissy on growing pains...I remember looking her up when she was in What Women Want and I couldn't figure it out! Check out The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) anytime you are stumped on a actor.

The show is amazing. The lead cop lady was in Big Love and she was pretty quiet. I wonder how the lead was on the original show?

No theories for me, just good tv (and my husband like it too!)

Jeanette

Thank you! I *thought* she was a little kid from an 80s show. I’m curious about the original Danish series too. It’s listed on Amazon but is in non-USA format and is currently unavailable.

I've seen the actress playing her sister as well, but can't remember from where. I think she's done a lot of series as a guest star.

Terry is played by Jamie Ann Allman. You’re right...she’s been appeared on a bunch of TV shows including Six Feet Under, The Practice, The Shield, CSI, etc.

I can't believe they cancelled Rubicon. Well, I should believe it since whatever I like is either cancelled/discontinued. Melissa

Last nights episodes was the best one since the two hour premiere. I think they could have skipped everything until ladt night and next weeks show. Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.