Am i too overweight and old

Candi,

I'll be 60 years old this April and I think I'm never to old to workout with Cathe DVD's. You just modify until the challenge gets easier then modify again until you can do it, then you modify again to make it harder on yourself.

Of course starting out again is tough, but, you have two working legs, two working arms and a working torso, now get busy, you have no excuse. Go slow at first and add on more and more as you are able to do. Don't pamper yourself to much, it needs to be hard in order for it to work. That being said you get use to the daily routine and will soon look forward to it. You just need to get into a routine habit and off you go, with wonderful results coming your way.

Isn't it great that all these lovely people care enough about you to give you sound advice? You couldn't be in better hands. Get yourself in a group. You are so welcome to join the two I'm in. One is called Getting Your Licks In and the other is called Strength In Numbers. Stick with it, because you will be inspired, encouraged, and have no excuse except to get in better health and fitness. Besides, you are worth it.

Take care of yourself, and hope to see you in one or both of these groups. Which ever group you chose, the people are there to help one another, just get in one. Believe it or not, you have already inspired many people on their own journey by wanting to change yours for the better.

Janie

Last edited:
You CAN do this!

Hi everyone and Merry christmas

back in the early 2000's i was a major catheite. I lost alot of weight and it changed my life. After a few health problems over the past 5 yrs i have not been doing the enormous cathe collection and all my equipment. I haven't worked out regular for 5 yrs.. I go a week do a few.. and then quit. I used to have such Fire for those workouts cuz they kick butt and work. I gained 50 lbs in 5 yrs and now i'm ..omg 44.. those two things make me kinda scared .. Am i ready and capable of doing these workouts again. With serious modifications of course. My health if decent. Just overweight and a few thyroid problems.. and i'm OLD lol .. i sit alot.. :eek: watch alot of tv.. play with my animals.. i wanna not let this year go by without doing this for myself.. But am i too big and too old to venture into cathe pain again ?
thanks to all :)
Candi
:eek:

Candi,
I so understand where you are coming from. Like you, I was a major Catheite back in the day. I used to be a gym rat and loved working out with weights. I had tried some other workout DVDs but didn't think they measured up to my gym workout. But, when I discovered Cathe in 2004 I knew I had stumbled onto gold. Cathe was just like going to the gym, but I could stay home and do it. I started adding to my Cathe collection a little at a time. In 2005, I broke my leg and couldn't workout for 3 months. I was already working on losing weight because I had about 35 lbs I needed to lose. When that (and life) happened I just never fully got back into a workout routine. I would do the same as you and workout for a week and then quit. Fast forward 5 years and now I had 85lbs to lose.

In December 2010, I got to thinking. I am 44 years old and I need to lose this weight and get healthy again. So, here I was with a box full of Cathe and really scared that I wouldn't be able to do it again.( I would get really winded just climbing the stairs to the second floor.) I didn't want to start out with some other videos...especially when I had all these Cathe's. Surely, I could find a way to start from scratch with Cathe. And I did. "Premixes" are the best thing since sliced bread! I wanted to just start off with 30 mins/day. So, I started out with Kickbox.(I LOVE kickbox.) I would do the premix from the 4 day split kickbox dvd. Then, I added a premix from KickMax. When she would squat, I wouldn't. I did a lot of marching in place in some sections. I added in Basic step with just the topper and no risers. It made my knees sore but I kept sprinkling it in with kickbox. And now, I'm doing Low Impact Step which is so much fun and I'm breaking major sweat. I still don't do the pivet turns on the floor,(makes me dizzy.LOL!) I just let Cathe do her turning and I march in place until she's ready to step back onto the step. And as of today, I've added in the 30 min premix for pyramid upper body. I used 2, 3, & 5 lb weights.

I started all this the day after Christmas. It has now been one full month and I have already lost 11.5 lbs! And that's with all the modifications and eating a healthy diet. I'm using nothing but Cathe. I can climb the stairs without being winded. I have so much energy I don't know what to do with myself! I am so amazed that I have come this far so soon. I was having the very same thoughts you were. That maybe I'm too old and I've let myself go for too long. I still have a long way to go, but I've got my fire back and I know that I can do this. I just wanted to let you know that you can do it too. Just take it one day at a time and modify where you need to. You can get it back too. Good luck!

Last edited:
OMG guys... i hadn't checked this thing in weeks....my email usually let me know when i gotta reply.... Oh you guys.. i am near tears now.. my heart is overloaded with all the love and support i never knew i had. This place and you guys are sooo great. I have been working out... the first 2 wks of jan i did 4-5 days ... then went down to 4 days ..i am now doing about 4-5 per week. I haven't lost crap on the scale... can't figure that out and am about to throw that sucker out.... Its gotta be my thyroids.. for real.. i am not the cleanest eater... but really... anyway... much love to u guys.. i'm taking it slow.. and it will all work out... all of these replys were great ... and touching.. good luck to all of u ... and much love...

ps.. over did it on pigs n blankets for superbowl.. feel crappy ... i hate it when i gross out like that.. sigh ... :eek:

Hang in there and 44 is not too old. Here I am at 60 and do modify Cathe on occasion I still can get in a good workout. I'm probably not as fit as some of the youngsters here ( anyone under 60) but am working on getting there. I just stop and think of all the other 60 year olds out there and think to myself I look pretty good. I'm getting stronger every day so I guess what I'm saying is that age is just a number so just go for it, sholder

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.