Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc Thurs July 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Mitch Gaylord's Cardio Mix & Melt (medicine ball cardi workout). Workout was 43" and I burned 390 calories.

I cut my workout a bit short this morning. Wanted to place my Lunar BPAL order and thought it would be good to shock my body a bit and give it a shorter cardio workout than it's used to.

I didn't modify all of this on the Rebounder. Did plyo on the floor and my foot is hurting. This really bums me out.

I'm running a bit late.....best go get ready for work.

Good Morning:)

Lora** Are you trying to be late for work?:+ Hope you have a good day today!

DS didn't have a nap yesterday so he was zonked by 7! It was sooo nice to have an evening to myself, instead of sitting around and doing nothing,I went out and stained the rest of the fence. Its half done now. We only just built it and my FIL said the other half needs to dry out for about a week or so.

Not sure if I reported yesterdays workout but it was DM + UB premix. I thought DS was gonna be up until 10 again and I had planned a run for the evening, but that didn't workout. We are gonna get a good run in today though, as long as it doesn't rain. The temp is good though:)

Jackie** I use my dvds and TM in different ways. I usually do circuits when i am short on time,like tomorrow morning. I usually run for 5 mins or .5 of a mile,get off and do a seg of either HST,HSC or BC. Something that is circuit related but the cardios aren't real long. I did it one time using ME and it felt like I was in the basement all day. The run ended up being 9 miles + ME mixed in! I was pooped! LOL But at that point I would have done anything to get that baby weight off!;)

I will BBL gals! Have a good day everyone! One more day and DH will be home!!!!!!!!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girls.

The zoo was fun and the chinese food was good y'day but I felt like a bloated pig the rest of the day. To make matters worse, we went out for dinner last night for DH's B'day when I got home. I am in SERIOUS need of some clean eating these next few days!!!!:eek:

Today's planned work out is a TM run and perhaps a lower body KB work out at nap time as well.

I think DS is calling me. No doubt he's rarin to get out of bed and start his day so I gotta go for now but I'll be back later for personals!:)

Good morning, girls!

Today was a cardio day for me, so it was 45 minutes on the treadmill (yay, it's fixed again!). Half was HIIT, and the other half was steady state.

It's soooooo hot and humid here today. Blech.

Lora, that medicine ball cardio workout sounds interesting. Will be going to google it shortly ;-)

Lori, Holy workout, batman! ME and 9 miles in one session? Are you craaaaaazy girlie? So glad to hear you finally got some downtime! Hopefully today goes as well. What time did DS wake up this morning after going to bed at 7?

Wendy, glad you had fun at the zoo! I'm in the bloated feeling camp as well today. I had dinner out last night with BF, and I order Panko Crusted Rainbow Trout thinking it would be fairly light, but it was FRIED and all the veggies were drenched in olive oil. Tasted pretty darn good though. A clean eating day is definitely in order for me, too.

Work beckons...

BBS~

Jen

Good morning ladies !

Did PUB and am thoroughly exhausted. Thank goodness tomorrow is a cardio day !:7

Got to hit the shower and get to work - at least tomorrow is Friday !

BBL

Hey Girls!

Back from my run, but I got caught in the rainx( I didn't mind, it was a nice change actually but I had to get home b/c DS feet were hanging out in the rain while I managed to cover the rest of him up. I still made it 80 mins though:) Then my Ipod died...like whats all that about? Didn't really matter at that point cause I was just running as fast as I could to get home! I wasn't even listening to the music! LOL

Wendy** I think Chinesse food as the same effect on everyone. I have a recipe for cashew chicken stirfry and I thought about making it tonight for dinner but there is alot of soya sauce in it and I feel bloated for days after eating it, its so salty!

Jen** sometimes I can be a little nuts, ya know;) I only did that one time though

Jacque** Im back to work tomorrow, so Fri sucks for me, but DH will be home...so bring on the FRIDAY! I don't care if I am working or not!!!!!

BBL! Have a good one!
Lori:)

Cardio Coach vol 7 is in the bag! First time with that one and all I can is WOW WOW WOW!!!! }( :+ }(

My plans for a bell work out this afternoon may go down the tubes this afternoon. If they do, I will *NOT* feel guilty! Sean beat my up GOOD this morning!;)

BBIAB for personals!:)

Back for a break !}(

I have to report that I had IOMS while doing PUB today, then once I got to work DOMS from PLB yesterday. Whew what a walking OMS person I am today. Now I really walk like an old lady !:p

Lora - still sounds like a good workout though sorry to hear about your foot. ;( At least it didn't bother your shopping ! LOL !

Lori - Woo Hoo about a 7 PM bedtime. Will be interested to hear when he was up. Maybe it all just caught up with him. I like your "circuit" type WO with TM and DVD's. Think I may try that this weekend which is a scheduled circuit WO with SJP. Hmmmm . . . Glad to hear your run is done - sorry to hear Friday is your "Monday".x( Oh well, life goes on, huh?

Wendy - Yum :9 chinese food. It's been awhile. We're having some marinated pork loin tonight and I made an asian inspired marinade - that will be kinda chinese like, huh? Course the spaghetti squash isn't so asian. :+ Maybe I'll add some ginger and garlic to it? CC7 huh? I am hoping for time and energy to do a run tonight - maybe that will work. Have been attempting to do productive things after work, but really want to run. . . We'll see. So glad to hear you not worrying about hours and hours of workouts on a daily basis. You seem to run around enough with DS to actually count that as exercise too!

Jen - happy Jen should I say - Jen with the TM that works !:7 Hope that helps you keep the fun in your cardio. Great run today ! OOoohhhh, panko crusted trout sounds wonderful - I have learned to ask about prep on my food when eating out. I probably wouldn't have worried about the trout, but asked for my veggies steamed plain. Too much oil these days makes me nauseous. But, here and there, ya gotta live it up sometimes. We'll be going to a concert on Sat nite so will be hitting a restaurant I'm sure - quite possibly Outback. OK - nuf food talk cuz I just had egg whites but am now feeling hungry !}(

Have a nice day ladies !

Get your posts in now girls! The forums are going offline as of about midnight tonight in order to get the new site and forums up and running! Go over to the Ask Cathe forum to read more about it if you aren't already "in the know". ;) :)

Lora: Sorry about your foot. Is it still bothering you?

Lori: Glad to hear DH be will home soon. My Dh's cousin really enjoys deep sea fishing. He goes away once a year usually for a week to some "exotic" destination and goes on a chartered fishing expedition with a buddy or 2 of his. He really enjoys it. We've never heard that he's been so far "out there" that he can't keep in contact with home though. That's a wee bit scarey! :eek: Great work outs! You are a ball of energy, I swear! I don't know how you do it on a daily basis!

Jen: I totally understand how you are with cardio "obsessions". I am the same way. When I first discovered Cathe work outs and consequently stepping at the same time, I was obsessed and stepped multiple times a week for the longest time! Once I got into running that ended my stepping obsession. I find I barely step at all anymore. I reach for cardio that can be done on the floor most of the time if I am not running. I am going on the August road trip and wonder why I even signed up! All of those classes and the majority of it will be stepping and I'm not even into it anymore! LOL Oh well, I am sure I will have fun anyway. Last night's dinner of yours sounds super yummy! How are you doing with your eating today? I am doing really well. *pats self on back* Although the guilt was taken care of with CC this morning, I *know* I need to get right back to good eating or I will pay the price...

Jacque: LOL about your kinda chinese dinner planned for tonight!:7 Um yeah, you weren't kidding about CC 7! You said it was TOUGH right? WOW! I was tempted to shorten the work out. While I was doing each challenge I was thinking "okay, that's enough for today!" but the Catheite in me kept plugging along until the entire work out was done. AWESOME!

No KB work out this afternoon! I'm may be crazy but I'm not stupid! :p I will do KB upper body only tmrw after work. I contemplating a rest day on saturday since tmrw will be 7 straight days of work outs but the coming weekend is looking *BAD BAD BAD* in the food department so I really hesitate to rest. Perhaps I'll just bring the work outs down a couple notches and rest on Monday instead!:p I could also rest tmrw instead.....Hmmmm...what to do? :7

Wendy - thanks for the heads up on the website. I saw Lainiefig post on Open Discussion about the interim but haven't been to Ask Cathe.

I'm heading over there in just a minute.

There is definitely something about the CC's that keep ya going ! I know what you mean about having those upcoming "affairs" that make you want to get at least something in in order to compensate for all the "BAD BAD BAD". Then you are doing it ahead of time instead of in hindsight !

Until we all meet again . . . ;)

It hit me as I was posting in another thread that I am not allowed to take rest days on Mondays from now until the end of my summer bowling league. It seems every time I do a really tough work out on Monday and feel tired as a result, I bowl better!!! I am not a good bowler so I am going with what works!;) That being said I need to re-think my schedule for the remainder of the week....:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.