Always Tired

I, too have been needing a new "jolt" of something to get me moving and feeling more energized :( I am enjoying reading all your replies! I have never heard of chia seeds, so I went to the amazon link that someone posted and saw there were quite a few different choices:eek: How do I pick and choose? I am seriously considering ordering and trying out the recipe elsie posted! Thanks Elsie ;) I am new to the forum and already learning so much...

I've always thought I was born tired. I also am frequently cold. I think I'll go to a doctor and investigate a bit more.

In the meantime..... Elsie, would you be willing to share a little bit more about your nutritional overhaul. What does your nutrition look like over a day or over a week? And I am going to have to try both that oatmeal recipe and that smoothie recipe. They look yummy to me. And to think I threw out the rest of my hemp protein because I just couldn't stomach the taste :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch! :)

I'd like to 2nd that request. I am also looking to reevaulate my eating habits...I have a knee arthroscopy coming up on Dec. 20 for a small tear in the meniscus and I'd like to be as healthy as possible for that so I'll recover quickly and can get back to working out!! :eek:

I've always thought I was born tired. I also am frequently cold. I think I'll go to a doctor and investigate a bit more.

In the meantime..... Elsie, would you be willing to share a little bit more about your nutritional overhaul. What does your nutrition look like over a day or over a week? And I am going to have to try both that oatmeal recipe and that smoothie recipe. They look yummy to me. And to think I threw out the rest of my hemp protein because I just couldn't stomach the taste :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch! :)

Hemp protein changed my smoothies from something I liked to something I could barely gag down--I was tempted to throw mine out, too. I don't know how the ginger works such magic, but I'm amazed that it could change such a yucky taste into something so good.

My nutritional overhaul has been basically cleaning up my eating. I am not strictly a vegetarian, but I do try to get most of my food from plant sources. I'm also trying to incorporate more nutritionally bioavailable foods. Last year at this time I was very careful with what I ate and feeling like I could take on anything. I traced my feeling so tired and awful back to June when I started letting occasional treats sneak into my diet. . . which triggered cravings, which caused me to eat more of the bad stuff, which made me want to work out more to burn off the extra weight I was gaining, which led to increased fatigue and poorer recovery because I wasn't getting as good nutrition . . . snowball!

I HIGHLY recommend Brendan Brazier's book "Thrive". (Thanks Kathryn and others here for YOUR recommendation). I got it from the library and am only 1/2 through it, but it has already explained so much of what was going on with me as far as exercise and nutrition are concerned. I got the book because I wanted some better nutritional options to fuel my workouts (especially my long runs), and the recipes look great--but the information is even better. Like I said, I just started the book (had to wait on hold at the library), but I'm trying to incorporate his nutritional principles and it's already having a positive effect on my health and energy levels. Another book I really liked was "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall.

Thanks a lot Elsie for taking the time to reply :)
And also for the information. I will for sure check out these books as well. I am so glad to see that you have found this balance that works so well for you. I'll try and see if I can capture some of that magic. Just not sure it will involve me reordering some hemp protein though :eek:
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.