Alpha Omega Check-In (September)

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." (John 5:24)

Iris, thanks for your prayers. Yes, it was a very scary experience! I'm so glad she is feeling better. I talked to her several times the past few days and she is really doing well. My mom is staying with her right now.

I had a similar workout experience as you did yesterday. I ended up doing Fat Burn Challenge from CLX. It was just what I needed at the time, a short, to the point, boot camp style sweat-fest! Afterwards I felt like I over-worked myself though. Have you tried this one yet? It has similar moves to Burn Intervals and Burn it Off, but you do 3 intense moves until you get your 30 second break. I liked that better than the traditional "interval" workout where you get a small break after every move.

My hubby went to Albany today, but I stayed home. I met my sister in the morning for a pedicure, then I came home and did cleaning all day. I wanted to be productive so the time would fly until my hubby came home. He's on his way now so I am about to eat some dinner, take another shower, and then rest.

Hope you and everyone had a great extended weekend so far! :)

Glad to hear your grandma seems to be doing well Christine. I'm still praying for her :)

It's been a relaxing day today, which I really seem to need. I don't know what hit me yesterday. After my workout, I pushed myself to wash my car, even though I was feeling tired. After that, I was soo out of it the rest of the day. It was a similar feeling to when you suffer heat exhaustion, but there was no reason for me to feel that way. The feeling has lasted through today, but I've been taking it easy. My husband had the day off today, so he grilled burgers and hotdogs, and I didn't have to cook. It was a nice break for me, lol.

I wanted to get a pedicure this weekend to, but with feeling soo crappy, I decided to leave it for next weekend.

My daughter seems to be developing those lumps behind her other ear now, so I definitely will call the Ent. on Tuesday, to schedule an appt. ASAP. I must admit , even though the pediatrician told me it's nothing to worry about, I am worried, especially now that she's discovered them in her other ear too. I was thinking maybe she developed an allergic reaction to costume jewelry. she's into wearing those huge fake earrings, but during the summer, she hasn't really been wearing them, so I am truly at a loss.

Does anyone have any special labor day plans for tomorrow? I plan to relax some more, after my workout, which I will hopefully get done early in the day.

Oh, and yes I think Fat Burn Challenge is the workout I did by mistake the day I was supposed to do FB Interval. I think it's very similar to FB Interval, except you don't do any strength training. Is that the one? It was a pretty intense workout for a short workout, that's for sure :)

Jen, can't wait to hear how the fair went.

Cathy, how's your weekend going?

Good night ladies.

howdy all, well i started my week today w/ disc32, plyo legs. this week is gonna be really hard. wk. 3 meso 3. 90% of 1rm. i am already scared. the weights look pretty daunting to me. hope i can do it. i really want to lose a few lbs. after STS. can't seem to keep my cardio up enough while i'm doin it. so, gonna try and find a rotaiton that will help me get some of this around my middle off. been looking thru cathe's. any suggestions? iris, my weekend has been great , went to see my grandkids yesterday. had fun, took them to the park, and my niece, 13, and a friend, 15, went w/me and swam w/nicola all afternoon, we had a great day. today was church and then just rested, and worked out. and now, we are watching an old movie on TCM, so gonna go for now.

Hello Friends.
The Faire was huge and was fun, it is a different experience dressing up whereas not. We saw Horse Jostling with the Queen announcing it plus all the foods that were on the Food Network special, which was filmed there. Afterwards, we went to this fine Italian restaurant in this outdoor mall designed like it's own village. Yesterday, I was tired from Saturday and just down because of one extreme to the next. The person that iced me all summer for the stalker called me Friday night to do something on Saturday, she didn't know I was busy that day. I am not returning the call. It would have been a long talk on the ride to the event.
Have a Blessed Day!

JT

"Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel." (Colossians 1:21-23)

Iris, thank you again for your prayers, I really appreciate it! Do you have more energy today? I have days like that where I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I'm glad you got to relax and didn't have to cook! :)

No special plans today. We were going to have a small gathering for some BBQ food (much smaller than last time), but I'm not feeling that well today and my sister isn't either, so my hubby and I are just going to grill for ourselves and rent a movie.

I'm sorry about your daughter, I know how worried you are. Just keep trusting it to God, I will be keeping her in prayer! How is she feeling otherwise? Is she ready for school tomorrow!?

Jen, I'm glad you had fun at the fair! I think you were right in not calling your friend back.

Cathy, I would go for circuit workouts after STS, and for trying to lose some pounds. I personally can't push the Slim Series enough on people looking to lose some pounds and especially inches around the middle, but I'm sure other circuits will do.

Today's workout was the original Ripped by Jari Love. I wanted to get a workout in, but I'm not feeling that well, so I thought that one would be her easiest to get through. I liked it, but it's definitley not as tough as the others. Now I plan to rest the remainder of the day. My hubby is currently power washing our house! He will join me later in the rest-fest. :p

Another prayer request. My grandma is back to the hospital for another episode of severely low blood sugar. This time it was 40. She's been eating right so we're not sure what is going on. Out of nowhere she started slurring her speech again, crying, and was confused. Thank God my mom was with her. Meanwhile I have developed a low grade fever, so if you can keep my health in prayer too. I've been battling a sore throat and sneezing. Thanks!

Christine, I have prayed for you and your grandmother. I showed a friend the forum, a non-Cathiete, and she supported your advice to me concerning the friend. Low blood sugar may cause those problems of slurring and of confusion. Please keep us updated.
Thanks.

JT

Hello Ladies,

I hope you have all enjoyed the Labor Day weekend. I am still feeling rather run down, and I'm not sure why. I even napped on the couch this evening for an hour or so, which I rarely ever do. I did get a good workout in today however. Did my first Push workout today, and it was pretty intense. Push aims for no more than 8 reps at super slow pace, but at least 6 is considered good. Well, I have to say, I was only able to do about 7 in a few of the exercises, and pretty much was able to go to 8 only on lower body work. I should see some results with this phase :) After Push, I did Kelley Coffey-Meyer's 30 minute Kick boxing workout, and her core segment. Then I stretched to one of the segments in Stretch Max.

Cathy, good for you getting soo close to the end of STS. I just wanted to encourage you to take it a little easier than you normally may have. Sometimes at the end of a rotation you can get soo eager to finish strong, that you can end up getting injured. So make sure you listen to your body :)

Jen, glad to hear you had a great time at the Faire :) I guess now it's back to work for you too? Weekend's go by too quickly.

Christine, I'm sorry to hear your grandma is back in the hospital :( Is this the first time she's had such problems with her sugar dropping? Does she self-test her sugar level? How is she feeling now? How are you feeling? It sounds like you're feeling run down too? The sore throat can be due to allergies too. I hope you feel better by tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a big day. My daughter starts school tomorrow. She is going into the 8th grade. She's in for a rude awakening, as all summer she's been going to bed really late, and sleeping her days away.

Have a great night everyone.

woo hoo!!! disc 31 done. here are my weights:

flat bench 54 (56)
bb row 63 (66)
flat flys 25
1 arm row 35
incline bench pr. 52
deads 63 (66)
incline flys 23
horiz. row 30

however, i'm a bit dissappointed cuz i went down in the bench press bb row, deads. not sure why, but that is what was on my workout manager. should have looked at the printout of the first time and gone w/those wts. the numbers in the parenthesis' are my first time around. but, i can feel it, so it was a good workout.

i am going somewhat easier, iris, cuz i'm so worn out. i just want to finish. grandbabies comin' today, so i'm gonna be busy. :)

are there any firmies on here? wondering if they would qualify as circuit. you go from aerobics to weights and back and forth. is drill max a circuit?

“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.” (Psalm 143:10)

Iris, how was your daughter's first day of school!? Was it hard for her to get up? HOw are you feeling today, still run down? I'm glad you like the Push phase! This is actually the first time my grandma has had problems with her sugar dropping.

Jen, thanks for your prayers! It's really the best thing anyone can do for someone! :) How was your first day back to work?

Cathy, yes Drill Max is definitely a circuit workout. I'm not sure about the Firm workouts because like I said, I haven't done them in at least 10 years. But yes, a circuit is where you go back and forth with weights/cardio, so it sounds like those firm workouts are circuits.

No workout today since I'm still feeling pretty lousy. I might have allergies too, but this feels like a cold. I went to see my grandma today at the hospital for a few hours. She is feeling fine and just wants to come home. When I got back I fell asleep on my couch for a long time, it felt good! Hopefully my grandma can come home tomorrow. The doctors seem to think it's one of her diabetes pills that she takes that is causing thfe drop in blood sugar. They're trying out different pills on her now. I don't know though, since she's never had problems with this pill before. Her blood pressure keeps getting really high too. Thanks for the continued prayers!

Hello Friends.
Christine-don't workout today and take a few days off. Work is the same. Dreaming alot about a relationship lately but nearly impossible to have right now. My friend,who is also the same situation, stated we are never bored but do have feelings and do get lonely once in awhile.
Iris-how was your day?
Hi Cathy.

JT

Hi Ladies,

I have been rushing around since I got out of work today. I don't know how I managed to squeeze in my workout. I ended up doing a kickboxing video at home, since I wasn't able to make it to the gym. Just as well, because at the gym I would have ended up doing more strength training work, and for some reason, even though I did not work my back yesterday, my lats are somewhat sore.

Cathy, I don't know much about the firm workouts. I do have some old VHS tapes that I bought, back when they came out with the fanny lifter and weighted bar. Those are circuit type workouts from what I remember. Drill Max is definitely a circuit workout. Don't worry about having to drop weight on some of the exercises. Even though you are supposed to lift higher this week, it doesn't always workout that way. I've had that happen to me too, and I tend to be hard on myself too, but I'm getting a little more relaxed about it.

Christine, my daughter's day was ok, but one of her teachers yelled at her for "twirling" her hair, and she was on the verge of tears. She was crying when she called me after school to tell me about it. I am sensitive too, but I didn't really think it was such a big deal. Hopefully, she will have a better day tomorrow. I'm keeping your grandma in prayers. Hopefully they will let her leave the hospital tomorrow. You sound like you do have a cold. Although, I don't have a cold, and am still feeling run down. Not as bad as yesterday, but I'm sure I could have taken a rest day today. As it is, I may have to take one sometime during the week. Time will tell.

I was able to get my daughter an appt. with the Ent. for next Wednesday evening, so please continue to keep Jalyn in your prayers :)

Hi Jen, work was ok. We've had a steady stream of work, but it hasn't been crazy in a while. How's work been for you? How's school?

Goodnight ladies. Chat more tomorrow :)

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." (Titus 2:11-14)

Jen, It's normal to feel lonely from time to time, but it's nice that you have a single girlfriend to go out and do things with. Being single is also a gift from God, as is being in a relationship, so see where He takes you in this season of your life! :) You're right, I definitely need some time off from working out! I'm still feeling pretty lousy today, so I'm just taking it easy now.

Iris, that seemed kind of odd to me that her teacher would yell at her for twirling her hair! It seems to me that kids in school these days get away with way more worse things than that. I hope she feels better today! I am sensitive too, so I can relate! :) I'm glad you got her an appointment with an ENT, you are motivating me to make my appointment too! Is tonight Push 2?

Hi Cathy!

My grandma did get released from the hospital today, thank you for your prayers! I called her doctor this morning to see what was going it because we hadn't heard a thing about what was going on since she was admitted. He had to change some of her medications and thinks that will help, so time will tell. In the meantime she's going to stay at my house during the day while my mom is at work. Hopefully she will be fine now. As for me, I started feeling really sick and nauseous when I was at the hospital so once I knew for sure that she was going home, I came home myself and took a nap. I feel a little better now buy my stomach is still bothering me. :( I forced myself to eat some soup and now I am going to try and nap again.

I hope everyone is having a blessed day!

Christine, on the news stated if you have the flu, it's the swine flu. Tired from the weekend still. On the job front, the strategy to move forward is coming along. Hope you feel better soon.

Hello Ladies,

Another busy day here. I had to squeeze my workout in again. I haven't been able to get to the gym all week, so I'm thankful for my workout space at home.

Christine, you really need to rest so you can recover. Sometimes that's the only way to recover. I felt much better today, energy wise, but still felt pretty tired in the afternoon. My daughter was soo upset about this teacher yelling at her today, that she took it upon herself to go speak to her in-school disciplinarian. Just to ask for some advise and vent. My daughter has a mind of her own. She definitely doesn't need me to fight her battles, that's for sure, lol. She told me the discip. told her that she was probably being overly sensitive, but she could understand how Jalyn felt embarrassed and upset, because she's not the type of kid who gets in trouble. She told her she would talk to the "mean" teacher, but in the meantime, she should try not to be as sensitive, because unfortunately, that's the teacher's personality. Pretty much what I had told her as well, but I'm glad she knows how to stand up for herself.

I'm glad your grandmother was released today. I'm sure she feels much better being in her own home. Thank you for the great scripture you chose for us today :)

My workout today was Push 2. Aah, that was a pretty tough workout. Especially since my shoulders are not my strongest muscles. Of course there was plenty of leg room included too. I also did "I've Got Abs" from the CLX series. I'm trying to decide what cardio workout I'll do tomorrow, since once again, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make the gym. I have to go pick up my daughter's soccer uniform at 7PM.

Hello Jen & Cathy. I hope you are both having a great week.

“Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” (Isaiah 46:6)

I think I posted this scripture before, but I really like it! :)

Jen, it's definitely not the flu, just a cold. If I thought it was worse, or if it gets worse, I will go to the doctor for sure! I'm glad things are moving forward for you!

Iris, good for your daughter! Sounds like she certainly can take care of herself! :) Are you liking the Push phase better than Burn? I'm sure you do! I wonder what Push 3 will like? What workout did you decide to do tonight? I'm glad you're feeling better! I have been resting, so hopefully I will feel real better soon.

Hello Cathy! Hope all is well.

Still no workouts for me, I'm going to wait until I'm feeling 100%. I had my grandma with me during the day while my mom was at work, so it was nice to have company! I took a Clariton too just in case the way I have been feeling is partially due to allergies, but it didn't seem to help much. I guess that officially confirms the "cold" diagnosis, LOL. The weather was beautiful today!! I had my windows open and loved the nice breeze.

Have a great night!

Hello Ladies,

I just got home from a soccer meeting. Those meetings are soo boring, if you've been to one, you've been to all, but this year things will be a little different, so I figured I should attend.

I had a bit of a tough time getting through my workout for some reason. My friend shared Cathe's Cardio Hits DVD with me, and the workouts seem soo much more doable than her newer step workouts, so I chose StepMax today, and got through 30 minutes of it, before my brain fizzed out on me, lol. I just did not feel like any choreography at all, lol. I switched to Taebo Circuit 2 and made it through about 20 minutes. My husband interrupted me with questions, and I realized I didn't want to workout anymore, lol. So, I called it a day. After all, I need to save up some energy for Push 3 tomorrow.

Christine, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well, but I'm sure in about two days or so, you will feel much better. Glad your grandmother is home now too :) I'm glad to hear you were able to spend time together today :) Your grandma seems to be really sweet.

Hi Jen & Cathy. TGIF tomorrow! Although this was a short week, I am tired.

Good night ladies.

Praise the LORD!!!! RAIN! finally. we got a bunch today. the creek is runnin' like crazy. what a beautiful site. only 73 today. a blessed relief, for sure!!!!

can't remember when i checked in last. grandkids were here yesterday. we rode for awhile, played in the rain. kids rode bikes thru the puddles. so fun. they are so adorable!:)

tues--did ch & back disc 31 (think i posted that)
wed--no workout
today- did plyo legs (disc 32) for the 2nd time this week. tomorrow or sat. is disc 33. then next week is the end.

ya'll have a beautiful weekend if i don't get back here for a bit.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1-2)

Cathy, I'm so happy to hear you finally got some rain and cooler weather!! Praise God is right! :) Sounds like you've had some fun the past few days.

Iris, it's funny I was just reading over at VFF recently about Cathe's older step workouts and people were saying they are better, or easier to follow, than her recent ones. Are they less complicated in their choreography? Between the step workout and your Taebo, you got almost an hour of cardio, so that's good! Good luck tonight with Push 3!

Jen, how are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

My grandma is with me again today so we're just relaxing. They had a 9/11 memorial service on TV this morning, it was really sad. My father worked at the WTC, but he passed away before the attacks, otherwise he would have been there that day. I feel so bad for all those families.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.