Aging Skin Questions

I may well be wrong, but my feeling on the whole subject is that exercise and eating well, and drinking lots of water, are the best things you can do for your skin. The products that are out there tend to be so expensive, that even I, who spend like a true New Yorker on restaurants, designer clothes, make-up and lately even haircuts (I'm in love with Arrojo Studio!), am very wary of the whole stay-young forever skin care product thing. I still haven't signed on with it yet, and I'll be 48 later this month. Maybe I'm just in denial, but all I own is one moisturizer, and that's it. I'm open to being convinced that I'm wrong though. If it's worth it, I'm usually the first one to open my wallet. :) So, convince me!

Thanks for telling us about the site! I'm all about cruelty-free products and am going to check it out in a few minutes...

Gina

Hi Nancy,

I agree that topical products can only do so much. Some of them are great and do produce visible results, but I too think exercise, diet, and water intake are really important. Sort of cleansing from the inside out!

Gina

I agree with Nancy. I have unusually good skin for my age (46), and have always put olive oil, sometimes with some other essential oils in it for run, on my skin after showering. I use a gentle soap, anything will do in the shower, just rinse my face with water in the morning (I shower at night). I use sunscreen from Kiss My Face as a moisturizer in the morning. That is my skin care regime. I only use cruelty-free stuff.

I have dabbled with bootleg Retin-A the past few years. I use it in the winter, but not in summer. I hate the peeling, but I hope it's helping.

But that's about all. If I feel a need to moisturize at some other time, I just squirt my hand lotion on my hands and then rub them on my face. Right now I am using Nutribiotics Grapefruit Essence, but it came free with some shampoo. I like to use things with the fewest and most natural ingredients, never anything animal tested or with awful artificial smells.

I think the key is sleep, nutrition, water, exercise and genetic luck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.