Age Poll

Age Poll

• Total voters
What do I win? :9 So far, I'm the oldest at 53.Hahaha
DH and I saw the son of a friend of ours, a few weeks ago. Haven't seen him in about 10 or so years. He says to me, Wow! You still look the same and you look like you work out. After slyly asking how long we've been married, he figures I have to be getting close to 60. Amazing, he says, you look 30 and you look great.

I'm thinking, "yea Cathe. All those bicep curls paid off." }(

I'm 46, and found that every 5 years, from 25 and up, I seem to have a change in metabolism, and not for the better! Oh! To have the metabolism of my teens and early twenties and be able to eat a full bag of Doritos nacho chips, drink 5 beers and not have it show (of course, I'm a vegan, and have maybe 1 drink every two years, so maybe I don't miss it that much! But you know what I mean!)

I'll be 41 on Thanksgiving Day and definitely not in better shape than in my 20s. I was an aerobics instructor in my late 20s and was in excellent shape all the way through age 35 when my body started changing. I also could eat anything I wanted and never gain an ounce. I now have to watch pretty much everything I eat. It drives me crazy. If I could just rid myself of these love handles, I would be happy.

Oooh what a neat thread! I am 39 with the countdown to 40 looming next April. But thanks to Cathe, I finally feel happy about the way I look....the first time I can say that in almost 40 years.

I turned 46 on October 7th and no one believes me! Activity is the key. I do yoga, walk, lift weights, golf, whatever strikes me on a particular day. The key is to keep moving. Most people think I am 35-37. You should see them when I tell them what my age really is! I just say "this is what 46 always looked like, before we all started sitting around."

Want to hear something really funny?!! I weigh 5 # more than I did in 5th Grade!!! Obviously, I was shorter and heavy. I am now 5'7-1/2" and weight 130-132#. My doctor didn't believe me when I said how much I eat so he asked me to keep a food diary. Roughly 2,000 calories a day. I attribute all of this to activity and muscle mass.

Juli N.

P.S. Please don't think I have "thin genes" Morbid obesity is rampant in my family. What I have is "thin habits".

Yep, 53 here. Gonna be 54 in January. Discovered Cathe in June and I'm already in better shape than I was 10 years ago. But I'm thinking about lying on the up side. Like telling people that I'm 60 and then they'll tell me that I look fabulous;-) . But seriously, I look pretty darn good without lying. Cheryl

Great question, Snowbee! I've always wondered about the age profile of fellow Catheites too.

I'll be 42 next month and also feel like I'm in terrific shape, thanks to Cathe. (Thank you, Cathe, if you're reading this!)

For some reason though, my metabolism has not slowed down and if I don't eat a lot of calories including a BIG bowl of ice cream each night, I lose weight. I'm also not trying to brag -- just stating a fact -- and I wonder if anyone else here is experiencing the same thing. I have 3 children and after giving birth to each one, I had to eat constantly in order not to lose weight.

I'm enjoying the food while I can but am wondering about weight gain during menopause.

i'm 34, will be 35 in february and i can't complain about how i look. i dont' weight 125 anymore, i'm 135 now but to look at me you wouldn't be able to tell i weigh that weight.

Hi!
I am 38 and have four children and in better shape than I have ever been in since Cathe! My husband says my body looks better now than when we got married 17 years ago. I used to run and do the firm but now I do Cathe 99% and run the other 1%. I feel sooooo much better!
jen

I am 50, SOON to be 51! I've always squabbled with myself about 5-10 pounds that tend to "hang" around, but I feel sooo good and thankful to be healthy. I've considered myself to be fairly fit for the past 20+ years but it wasn't until I discovered Cathe that my fitness level got kicked up to a whole new level. I teach Hi/Lo and sometimes I surprise myself how advanced I have become and what this body of mine can do!!! :7 I truly credit Cathe for taking me to an all-new level. Not only have Cathe tapes made it fun and easy to stay commited, but having this place to come and share our thoughts has been just as encouraging. Thanks everyone! 50 sure feels GOOD!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I am 22 and have been working out seriously since I was about 16... I went through a couple of years before then where I was weight-obsessed and very near anorexic. Thankfully, I discovered running, and the firm, then later Cathe. I have had a very healthy mentality towards health, weight, and fitness since then.

I know I am the youngin' here, but you want to know what's very sad? 99% of the people near my age that I know are in horrible shape! Not only are they not active, but eating habits are scary. They think that they are eating healthfully if they choose low-fat Gardettos over regular chips. Fruits and veggies are a totally foreign concept, and nobody makes their own lunch. There is a lot of common sense and discipline that seems to have been lost in my generation, and I'm just thankful that I was raised right :)

Sara

http://www.picturetrail.com/rayiisara/sblordita

Wow Robin!!

Your strength and endurance gains are really an inspiration for all. Thank you for sharing with us your impressive strength and endurance gains!

PS I will be 43 before years end, and have been hooked on Cathe workouts & rotations since about 1996. It is my belief that Cathe's workouts are a MAJOR factor in my overall fittness.

My currant goal is to improve flexability. I'm working on incorporating more stretching into my workout rotations.

sport23.gif

Judy

Robin you are incredible! I've been working out for a while now, but I think I need to start pushing myself more and increasing my weight. The heaviest I can do on my legs at the moment is 40 lb squats. Wow 60 lbs!

Oh, by the way I just turned 28 in September. All of you ladies are my inspiration and keep me motivated to continue my progress. Keep up the good work!

Kristi

Hey Cheryl, You beat me out of the prize for the oldest by about 7 months. I was hoping to win a Cathe t-shirt or something.:p :9

Hi, I just turned 44 on Monday :7 ... and I can also say I am in better physical shape then ever, can't do 60 lb squats, 40 lbs is my limit right now, 35 lbs on lunges lol.
But I am only 9 lbs away from what I weighed before kids, which was 100 lbs, I was 22 then. I will get there lol. Wishes hubby would STOP bringing candy homex( . Anyway fun thread :7 ... I am gonna hide the candy lol. Rhonda :7 :+

Whoa, I'm the only one over 60 it looks like...and getting more fit every day. Someday I'll even get through a full kickboxing routine. The step tapes are beyond me, but I have almost every weight tape Cathe's made and use them faithfully. She's as good for us mature folks as the rest of you...we just have to pace ourselves more slowly and carefully.

Susan

Susan,

I am 45 and it is so encouraging that you are so faithful to your workouts. I never want to stop working out. When did you start working out? I have wondered if I will be able to do the step workouts when I get older. I am sure my body will tell me when I have to start modifying. For now I will enjoy the step workouts.

Jojo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.