After Low Impact Series

SaintsFan

Came back to Cathe after some years away. I decided to get the Low Impact Series. I've done 6 weeks and lost 10 pounds. Love LIS!!! I do the 5 day rotation.

I want to get either ICE or XTrain next, but I can't decide. I might not be ready for XTrain yet, but I want to be sure ICE will be just as effective and fun as LIS.

So best after LIS, ICE or XTrain?

Thanks!!!!

Came back to Cathe after some years away. I decided to get the Low Impact Series. I've done 6 weeks and lost 10 pounds. Love LIS!!! I do the 5 day rotation.

I want to get either ICE or XTrain next, but I can't decide. I might not be ready for XTrain yet, but I want to be sure ICE will be just as effective and fun as LIS.

Thanks!!!!

ICE would be a good one. You can then do the rotation with both ICE and LIS before considering Xtrain.

Thanks!!!!

I love ICE I reach for it often. You cant go wrong with either, but I think ICE would be a great next step.

I agree that ICE would be the next step. If you feel you need more intensity, you can always add the blizzard blasts. As a matter of fact, I think she has a rotation that increases the intensity by using premixes with the BB.

It's a great series!

Kristin

Thanks so much for your responses. I ordered ICE yesterday! Can't wait to get started and then do the ICE-LIS rotation in a couple months.

:):):D

Good choice! I did a couple months ICE after not doing workout DVDs for a while, and it was perfect for getting back to Cathe. I did end up doing Athletic Training instead of ICE Metabolic Total Body, cause it's way more fun and easier, but the rest was really great (after getting the weights right - going heavier than Cathe is weird). It's a fun series. I especially liked the Chiseled Lower Body blizzard blast, and did the blizzard blast that goes with Boot Camp Circuit every time for a more thorough total body workout. The core workouts are among her best, too. I think this series has a core focus throughout.

I've started a new rotation with a mix of many series and was surprised that I was lifting heavier; I'd thought the muscle meltdowns from ICE would just build endurance. The cardio work from ICE has gotten me to the point that I can do Cardio Slam from Strong and Sweaty series (barely).

The results from ICE have been fantastic. I sound like an advert for it, but it is a such a well balanced series. Have fun with it!

BTW, Burn Sets and All Out Low Impact Hiit from XTrain are worth getting individually, even if you don't get the whole series.

So i finished ICE. I did the first 2 rotations. I didn't lose weight, but I wasn't super great with my diet. I'm definitely seeing muscles after the meltdowns. I loved ICE and none of them had a dread factor except, to the mat, but that's just bc i generally don't like those type of workouts. I know i need them though. It wasn't anything to do with cathe or the workout...it's still a great workout.

I have Xtrain and wanted to do that next, but now i'm thinking of trying the intensity series for a few weeks first and really clean my diet up before starting Xtrain. How does that sound to you guys? I remember losing weight with intensity. I'm also going to need more risers for xtrain. I only have 4. I never needed more than that, but xtrain says I need them. Do I really need them? Any other xtrain advice?

Thanks for all your suggestions

I absolutely LOVE XTrain! It is my favorite series. It has it all - intense cardio (both hiit and steady state) and real muscle building weight work. I find it varied and highly motivating. I do AT LEAST one XTrain rotation each year and never tire of it and always get great results- especially increased definition. You can't go wrong with it. If you are not sure, you could always alternate between the two - for example: do a 30 day rotation with XTrain, then Intensity, then go back to XTrain for the 90 day rotation, etc.

In terms of the risers, I think the main thing is that you need a to either have a weight bench or to be able to use your step as your bench and it has to be able to be put on an incline. If you own 4 risers (2/side) and don't have an adjustable weight bench, then it may be a little more difficult to do incline presses and flies. XTrain also uses a stability ball, so you would need that piece of equipment as well.

Hope you have fun, SaintsFan, with whatever you choose to do!

Thanks for responding Jane! I'm going to get the extra risers and then start Xtrain. I'm just going to do the Intensity series for a week or so until I get the risers and tubing. I've always been able to use what I have as a weight bench, but after looking at some previews and reading your comments, I see I need more for the incline moves. I also ordered the tubing. I have resistance bands and firewalker bands. I do have a stability ball and all the other equipment. I just keep adding weights to my collection as I get stronger.

I did Bootcamp tonight....oldie, but goodie. I couldn't have done that a few months ago. I would have passed out. I did modify some of the high impact cardio w/ the slide n glide discs, but I still felt like I got a great a workout.

I like your idea doing the 30 day Xtrain, then Intensity and back to Xtrain 90 day. So many good options... :) I also bought Crossfire today since it was one of the deals of the day. :D

All sounds great, SaintsFan! Good luck with your plan.

I too find Bootcamp to be an oldie but goodie. Great total body workout and sometimes I just shorten it and do fewer rounds if time or energy don't allow for the full thing. Crossfire is lots of fun. It has so many premixes and so much variety in it that I think you will find it a great addition to your 'library'.

And CONGRATS on your progress over the past few months!!! It is always so rewarding to see improvements in how you feel and in the weight loads you are lifting. Doing Cathe workouts on a regular basis can't help but give a person awesome gains!

Gosh, ICE versus X Train...such a tough choice (and I never thought I would say that, because I really, really, really LOVE X Train). In general, I find X Train more fun, except that I really love the boxing workout from ICE (although Hard Strikes is great...just that the boxing segment is shorter).

The best thing about ICE is all the choices of premixes. I feel it is unsurpassed. But personally, I find the music in X Train more motivating (although some folks do not like the sound-alike approach), and love the burn sets. But how do burn sets compare to muscle meltdowns? So hard to decide....

So would XTrain be a good next step following a few months with Ice or is there a better transition series or DVD? Only a week into the Ice Level one rotation. Love it. Challenging but not overwhelming.

Although I have never done a Cathe workout I haven't enjoyed, I really like X Train as a series because it is so well balanced. You can have tough cardio workout one day (like Tabatacise or Cardio Leg Blast) and then the next day will be a weight workout. And even within the weight workouts, you balance between Burns Sets and the other two.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.