advice needed! Pure Strength or MIS?

rozy

Cathlete
I am about to order some digital downloads. I want to gain strength and definition in my arms and legs. I ordered Muscle Max yesterday and am definitely planning on order pyramid upper body.

I was going to order pyramid lower body, and the pyramid ub+lb mix and maximum intensity strength but then started second guessing and removed those and added -
Cathe-Pure-Strength-Series-Strong-Legs-and-Abs
Cathe-Pure-Strength-Series-Back-Biceps-and-Abs
Cathe-Pure-Strength-Series-Chest-Shoulders-Triceps
I am still going to get Pyramid Upper body no matter what.

I am going to do a rotation of 3 cardio days and 3 strength days

Plus I have slow and heavy so not sure if having pure strength is necessary.

Thanks for the advice!

I like the PS series a lot

Rozy:
This summer I have been rotating the following on a weekly basis: (1) S&H, (2) PS, (3)PUB/PLB and (4)MIS and PH. I am struggling to up my weights a bit every time I revisit a video. And like you I put an aerobics or an "interval" day between the strength work.

This week is PS week for me. All I can say is one good thing about the PS series is the fantastic cueing and coaching Cathe gives the viewer. One reason for this is that the series was done a while ago (1999) -- when Cathe was getting started doing serious strength tapes. So I recommend this series strongly. But all her strength tapes are good. Looking at independent ratings, they usually earn a five star out of five by most competent reviewers. :)

My favourite tapes though are MIS and PH.
-- Davidj

I ordered them all except PLB since i have so many of her lower body workouts. I did PUB this morning and was loving it :) Been a while since ive lifted heavy weights and it felt GOOOOD! I think im going to do a 2 week pure strength 3 day split rotation and then a 2 week slow and heavy 3 day split and then a 2 week 3 days a week full body (MM, MIS, Drill Max) and do 3 days a week of her HIIT or step workouts for cardio. Im stoked!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.