Advice for experience Ebay buyers & sellers

lulu68

Cathlete
Hello,

We ordered an Iphone4 (AT&T) for my sons birthday from Ebay for his birthday. We recieved the phone and went to have the phone unlock and we where told the the phone was blacklisted. We called Apple and they told us we where registered as the current buyers and the phone was not blacklisted, but nobody could seem to unlock the phone becasue it came coming up as blacklisted. Finally we went to AT&T and they told us the phone could't be unlock because it was reported as lost. Will I be able to get my money back? We have tried to contact the seller through email but he has not responded. What can I do in order to get my money back, does ebay have a full money back guarantee and am I able to contact ebay and tell them my problem? I'm sorry, this is the first time I order anything out of ebay, it never really felt right but my son convience me too. Please help!!!

Thanks
Lourdes

If you purchased through paypal you should have no trouble getting your $ back if you report this to Ebay. Even if you didn't pay with paypal, tell Ebay anyway especially since the seller is ignoring you....There is obviously an issue with this phone and you deserve to get a refund!!!

I have had a bad purchase experience also, and paypal completely refunded me my money.

I just had to contact both Ebay and Paypal and told them the situation. Also, be sure to leave very bad feedback for the seller to protect future buyers!

You will most likely get all your money back. It may take a few weeks though.

Best wishes.

I agree with everyone about opening a claim with ebay and paypal. We unknowingly bought a stolen phone. The seller denied it and would not respond. We got a letter from our local Verizon store on corporate letterhead stating it was stolen. The letter helped to expedite the claim with ebay and paypal.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.