ADVANCED!!

Now that LITE is out, I am here renewing the effort to beg for another advanced series. :) I love the suggestion of a mini or simplified STS with a few new tabata/hiit/metabolic workouts.

Although I was tempted at many points to pre-buy LITE (the videos sounded so good!), I resisted the urge. When I saw the video clips, I'm glad I didn't buy. They looked like easier workouts I already have many of. I realize that you can always modify "up", but that is not as satisfying for me as having to initially modify down and working my way up to Cathe's advanced level moves and pace. I need something aspirational!

Another advanced series, please.
Totally took the words right out of my mouth. This why I created my post. I use to buy everything she released. But I've learned over the years, not every video/series is tailored for me or everyone. If I had spent that kind of money thinking it was "extreme ", I would have been disappointed. That's why I pay monthly for CatheLive and CatheOnDemand so I can pick and choose what's best for my fitness level.

Poor Cathe... So many requests from such a large and adoring public. I have seen a lot of requests on the boards for beginner/intermediate workouts. Clearly, she's responding by producing LITE. I, for one, enthusiastically support her continued production of advanced workouts that I can't find anywhere else on the market. STS 2? It might be too big a production, but an even more advanced lifting routine plus complementary 'shocking cardio' would be fantastic. Phenomenal. Anyway, I just wanted to give my support for all her advanced productions to date, and any that might come in the future.
STS 2!!;)

I too would love to see another STS program. I have done STS one or two times a year since I joined Cathe and I continue to see improvements each time I do it. Maybe something with a slower count (eccentric or concentric) like slow and heavy to really focus on muscle recruitment? Please Cathe-do this series next!

I too would love to see another STS program. I have done STS one or two times a year since I joined Cathe and I continue to see improvements each time I do it. Maybe something with a slower count (eccentric or concentric) like slow and heavy to really focus on muscle recruitment? Please Cathe-do this series next!

I've done STS so many times I do the warm ups with my eyes closed (mainly because the filming is off in a quirky way) but its memorized and I can tell when I'm having an off day because when I open my eyes I may be facing another wall:rolleyes:. I can mouth silently what Cathe will say in most of the workouts and the sequence of when I can slack because of too much talking. That is scary to me, but yet I cannot find anything that comes close to this 3 month program. The only ones that have merit are Body Beast, but that gets to be annoying, even though I really like Sagi. Same with Tony Horton on the P90 series, I get rather bored and I like to change things up. With STS you can sub out or modify so easily, I use my rebounder on the Plyo legs workouts. I do kettlebell swings for deadlifts at times or even use my reformer when I'm doing pushups for the movement of the carriage. What makes this program so unique for me is the Workout Manager and the ability to change weights and see the progress time after time.

Sigh...I'm seriously afraid that STS can never be recreated in this manner again, gulp...its why I bought another complete set.

Yes! I'm not there yet, but a future advanced series would excite me, and provide motivation to get ready to do it! I'd be working out every day, thinking "the advanced series is coming!". My heart beats faster just thinking about it!

I don't think of STS as strictly "advanced." Using the one rep max tests, it's doable at the intermediate level. I have used it to restart after a hiatus, as well as when I'm at my "fittest." I love the program and would love a "mini-STS" but that might be a contradiction in terms. But something that has the three cycles to progress over time would be super exciting.

I agree: we need more advanced series. Ice, Fit|Split, Ripped w Hiit, and Lite each have only one or two DVDs that I include in my rotations from time to time.

I have bought all of Cathe's non-step workouts (so had to skip the most recent series, Step Boss, sadly) and nothing beats X-Train for me. I use more DVDs from that series than any other series. (I like the strengthening from the Hardcore Series and some others like High Reps, Great Glutes, and a couple from the Low Impact and Strong&Sweaty Series a lot, too.)

I really only use Cathe's DVDs because it's so hard to find advanced workouts that are both fun and safe. Cathe is the BEST! The absolute best! But I think that the recent intermediate workouts are making me feel like I shouldn't challenge myself and I don't want to become less strong or fit in my middle age! All I wish for is more excellent advanced workouts from Cathe! Just please: no step! And I never enjoy metabolic conditioning, so cardio that is tough but equipment-free would be ideal!

Last edited:
I agree: we need more advanced series. Ice, Fit|Split, Ripped w Hiit, and Lite each have only one or two DVDs that I include in my rotations from time to time.

I have bought all of Cathe's non-step workouts (so had to skip the most recent series, Step Boss, sadly) and nothing beats X-Train for me. I use more DVDs from that series than any other series. (I like the strengthening from the Hardcore Series and some others like High Reps, Great Glutes, and a couple from the Low Impact and Strong&Sweaty Series a lot, too.)

I really only use Cathe's DVDs because it's so hard to find advanced workouts that are both fun and safe. Cathe is the BEST! The absolute best! But I think that the recent intermediate workouts are making me feel like I shouldn't challenge myself and I don't want to become less strong or fit in my middle age! All I wish for is more excellent advanced workouts from Cathe! Just please: no step! And I never enjoy metabolic conditioning, so cardio that is tough but equipment-free would be ideal!

I skipped the latest set also, no step for me. My go to is constant STS training with my own tweaks such as a double wave, or every other day training with micro adjustments within that week. I'm just about to finish up once again and have gotten my best gains in strength yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.