Advanced supersets-style weight lifting dvd

jamaica55

Can anyone recommend a weight lifting dvd set up in supersets style that is advanced? It can be Cathe or other instructors.

I know Cathe has a supersets dvd but from what I remember it's not too advanced. How about premixes on that workout - any advanced ones on it??

Thanks for your replies and help:)

Erin

Have you looked into Beachbody's Body Beast? I plan on purchasing it in a couple of weeks. Here is a breakdown of the workouts:

Build: DVDs 1-4 Lay the foundation for a huge new you. Give every muscle in your body a major pump with Super Sets and Giant Sets.

Bulk: DVDs 5-9 Force Sets, Progressive Sets, Combo Sets, and Multi-Sets build on the size you gained in Phase 1. Now the focus shifts to muscular hypertrophy, the technical term for the muscle cells enlarging, bringing about explosive muscle growth.

Beast: DVDs 10-12 With fat-burning cardio, relentless circuit-training, and intense core work, you'll be amazed at your increasing capacity to lift heavier weights and grow bigger, more defined muscles.

How long are the workouts each day? I've tried looking it up on the beach body website, but can't find that info. Thanks!

Cathe actually has a Supersets DVD. It's part of the body blast series. It's two workouts: Push/Pull and Supersets.

By the way, I have been researching Body Beast myself. They have come out with a new version that's the discs only version which is much cheaper than the set with the bands and/or supplements. I saw that if you order from the BeachBody site, you can buy it in three payments. However, if you order from a Beachbody trainer, you get an extra DVD with your order. I have never ordered a Beachbody product however so I don't know which way is better. I also don't know of a team Beachbody person to order from. Can anyone provide information how they ordered it?

Last edited:
I didn't realize 4DS was super setted. I have 4DS and used it a few times for cardio, but the step cardios are too complicated/dancy for me so I never really used it much after that. But I'll check it out this weekend for sure and didn't even think about the premix options to do just the weight work.

Thanks for the info!

Cathe actually has a Supersets DVD. It's part of the body blast series. It's two workouts: Push/Pull and Supersets.

By the way, I have been researching Body Beast myself. They have come out with a new version that's the discs only version which is much cheaper than the set with the bands and/or supplements. I saw that if you order from the BeachBody site, you can buy it in three payments. However, if you order from a Beachbody trainer, you get an extra DVD with your order. I have never ordered a Beachbody product however so I don't know which way is better. I also don't know of a team Beachbody person to order from. Can anyone provide information how they ordered it?

I am a big fan of Body Beast. I bought the disc only version when it first came out at totalfitnessdvds.net, the woman who runs this company is extremely reputable and responsive if you have any issues at all she will contact beachbody for you, I buy from her regular site totalfitnessdvds.com too. You will get the free dvd if you order there. I don't think she has a payment plan though.

And it's been a while since I did a rotation but I thought STS meso 2 and 3 mixes up different sets and rep patterns too.

If you actually become a member of Beachbody (it's free unless you choose otherwise), you are automatically assigned a coach. If you don't know anyone who is a coach (i think there's quite a few on this forum), then this is an option. I'm sure you could sign up under any of the coaches on the Cathe forum and they would appreciate it :) Then you place your order through team beachbody and you can get the extra disc.

Thank you for the great info on Body Beast everyone. I forgot to thank you all earlier.

Also to the original post, I am sorry for recommending Cathe's supersets DVD. I obviously didn't read your original post well enough since you stated you had already tried it and wanted something harder. Sorry!

This thread sounds kind of scripted. I'm not trying to start any heat or anything like that, but when I read through it, it seems like a push/nudge towards the beachbody program. That's fine if you've tried Cathe's and are seriously looking for something else, but it's not OK if the goal is to get others to doubt that Cathe's weighted workouts are lacking.
There are so many good programs on the market, and I own most of beachbody's programs--I'm just getting tried of scripted questions/answers that try to influence others.
If I'm reading too much into it... I apologize...

This thread sounds kind of scripted. I'm not trying to start any heat or anything like that, but when I read through it, it seems like a push/nudge towards the beachbody program. That's fine if you've tried Cathe's and are seriously looking for something else, but it's not OK if the goal is to get others to doubt that Cathe's weighted workouts are lacking.
There are so many good programs on the market, and I own most of beachbody's programs--I'm just getting tried of scripted questions/answers that try to influence others.

Excuse me?!!:eek: I've been a member of this forum for YEARS and own EVERY single Cathe workout.
No one is steering the OP away from Cathe. The OP asked for an advanced system using super sets. STS, 4DS, and Body Beast are the only programs I consider advanced.

This is OPEN discussion and Cathe has always allowed us to talk about other workout dvds.

Last edited:

I'm sorry...this is my fault. I feel I hijacked the thread without meaning to because I am so interested in Body Beast. I actually don't own a single Beachbody product (which is why I had so many question about the best way to order -- I read horror stories from people who ordered from the Beachbody website so I was nervous) but have almost Cathe's entire collection. I love Cathe's stuff -- especially STS and Pure Stength. I like to change up my routine all the time because I find that if I don't, I have trouble sticking to a rotation. When something looks like a really good program I like to research it and find out as much as I can about it before I spent a lot of money of something I might not like. I did the same thing with Rushfit and rip:60 before purchasing them but apparently not too many people on this forum have those programs since there were not too many responses. It was never my intention to sway someone one or another...I was just curious.

TRSTACIE, it is not your fault. You do not need to apologize!!!
This is an open forum, and the OP ask for Cathe or "other" instructor recommendations. Body Beast is new and there is very little information on this forum.
Search P90X on this forum and you'll pull up thousands of discussions about it.

Open discussion is OPEN to anything. As long as you are not a Beach Body coach trying to sell (no one here doing that), you can talk about non-Cathe workouts.

BTW, I've provided a lot of BB information (clips and links to a discussion), so I think Skyy2's post was directed to me.

Last edited:
Being the original poster, I do not feel at all as if anyone was steering me into a Beach Body direction. I appreciate ALL feedback from the forum members - which is the reason why I asked my question in the first place!

I own all of Cathe's workouts except STS and love her workouts. I was simply looking for a specific type of workout and knew I would get helpful answers if I posted it.

TSSTACIE - please don't feel like you hijacked the thread!! Thank you for taking the time to reply and give suggestions!

This thread sounds scripted TO ME.

It is not directed at any one particular poster on this thread.

TO ME… It reads more like an advertisement for a product. I read more about how to purchase the product, than what makes the product different from anything already mentioned. I haven’t been a member for YEARS and I too have ALL of Cathe’s DVD’s. In fact.. I have most if not ALL of Beachbody’s DVD’s. I am aware that this is an OPEN forum.
I can state my opinion.
Even if the OP didn’t feel the nudge…. I did. Even if the 1000 people who read this thread didn’t feel the nudge… I did. I’m a member too.
The funny thing about sales is…. I don’t have to say “I’m trying to sell you something” – to sell you something. All I have to do is nudge.
:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.