Add aerial silks to workout manager

h3h3bebury

Not sure what category it would go under but a workout I do a lot as I have the set-up both indoors and outdoors at my house is aerial silks. Would love to have this added under one of the categories in the workout manager.

My husband and I both do the silks as well as Flying Trapeze and a little bit of Lyra. We started with a place around here that did classes, but we have pretty much moved beyond what they can really do in a class and they rotated through their instructors so fast half the time we knew more than the instructors (especially on the trapeze). So with 5 acres of land we built our own trapeze in our backyard and have a place on the last crane bar that is just for the trapeze net apron to put a pulley to raise and lower the silks as well as have a two story area by our stairs where we have silks inside. So we are mostly on our own right now.

During the lockdown last year we were able to actually get in one of the instructors who was essentially out of work for private classes at our house which really helped. We also have all of the Rebekah Leach books - Beginner, Intermediate 1 and Intermediate 2. Between the private instruction last year and the books we have built up a pretty good repertoire of tricks. Our instructor had also given us different stamina building moves where we sequenced things together and strengthening exercises to always work on. I typically just work on different moves all the time. When I am outside I do more of the drops and other things that I cannot do inside without risk of hitting something on the stairs or wall. When inside I do more static strengthening and moves that go into poses rather than drops.

Now that our private instructor does not seem to have the time to get over here anymore, we have talked about joining Rebekah Leachs aerialdancing.com. On youtube, I have also learned a lot from Unique Aerialists. She has videos for just about every level.

If you look around you and search there are places that seem to be popping up all over. The hard part is finding someone that not only really knows what they are doing but that is also good at teaching or getting you through things that you are having trouble grasping.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.