Acne Solutions?

petramom

Cathlete
I am breaking out a LOT lately. Does anyone have a quick fix for a zit? I tried putting some clay mask on the worst zits and leaving it there overnight, which resulted in my kids laughing at me, blue goop smeared on my pillow and no change in the zits.

I started using salycilic (sp?) acid last week to see if that would help. But nothing seems to be working. I'm 43 and have normal skin - usually just break out once a month. Although I do remember at least one other time in the last 10 years when my skin went crazy like this. But I have no idea why.

The only thing that works for me is straight Benzoyl peroxide cream 10%. You can get the name brand version "Persa Gel" or just go with the generic version (what I get). I put a dab of that on and it works pretty good at shortening the breakout's life span. Actually, I usually get crazy with it and put it all over my face (especially around that time of the month) - but ONLY after getting myself used to it. If you use too much too soon, your skin will get really dry. Oh, and be careful to let it dry before you go to bed. It will bleach things out, so I ONLY use a white towels when I'm using it on my face just to be safe.

Mario Badescu makes some fantastic products for acne. It's the ONLY thing that's ever worked - and quickly - for my acne. I got hit with it really badly during pregnancy, and I usually get the cystic type pimples. This is the only stuff that works for me.

Benzoyl Peroxide, salicylic acid...none of that does anything for me except dry out my skin. Even Proactive didn't work.

www.mariobadescu.com.

It's not cheap, but a little bottle of serum or a mask usually lasts me about 6 months or so.

I have a tendancy of breaking out as well. I use the cheap Sea Breeze and/or Witch Hazel. I had Mary Kay creme but I found that the cheap Dollar General creme for zits work well. Also add more fresh fruit and veggies to diet.

ProActive extra strength cleared up my skin in just 2 weeks. I was having horrible breakouts which was unusual for me. I'm 45. It was like miracle.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.