Accessory Navicular Syndrome

I have been working out for years doing all sorts of impact exercises. The only problem I have ever had with my feet has been plantar fascitis years ago. Well, this past Sunday I was playing tennis and after running for a ball I felt an immediate and instant pain in my insole/arch area of my foot. I didn't remember twisting my foot or anything, just a hard stop with my foot

It's weird, I have lots of pain in my insole. The area is swollen and red and I can feel bone poking out. At first I thought maybe a stress fracture or something. I talked with a friend who works at a podiatrist and said it sound like I have "accessory nevicular syndrome". It is an extra bone piece in the insole area. Apparently the tendon that runs along side the navicular bone has become inflammed ( due to the hard stop in tennis or maybe too much Cathe impact) and has pushed the extra bone out. Options are casting or surgery. WTH, just when the new workouts are about to be released!!

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this? Is there any therapy or stretching that can help/cure this? I've been icing my foot and also taking anti-inflammatory meds.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.