ABS!

toomuchjoy

Cathlete
Thought I would imitate the LEGS thread...:)

Any thoughts on the best Abs workout? I know you can't spot reduce but I would really like to work on the area. I lost 60 pounds last year and want to really work on tightening up my core area. I'm extremely weak in my core and hate working it.

I blame the 11.5 lb kid I birthed....;)

I really like the core work from LIS and from STS.

Outside of Cathe workouts, I like the core workouts in Bob Harper's Yoga Warrior and Travis Eliot's Cross Training. Both of these have a separate core workout that is between 15-20 minutes in length.

I'm working up to Horizontal Conditioning ;)

Lisa

Some of my favorites of Cathes that aren't super long:

LIC (original) abs
Kick Punch and Crunch Abs
Muscle Endurance abs
core only premix from original Bootcamp

The horizontal conditioning workouts are really really hard and long. They will work your core like nothing else, but can be discouraging because they are so tough. I think that the Core Max workouts are a good set to use to work up to HC core work IMHO.

Pam

Thanks Pam! I've been using Core Max to ease into ab exercises. I did Core #1 today and really liked it. We'll see how sore I am tomorrow!

For Cathe workouts, I really like the core section on To the Max. I also really like the core sections on Turbo Barre and MMA Boxing. Also the STS Ab Circuits has several ab workouts that are all quite good.

I'm a huge fan of Horizontal Conditioning! Once you've worked up the courage to try it (if you do ;)) I would just start by doing part of the workout. You could always attempt more the next time you do it. She also has the "Getting" workouts. Getting Started, Getting Stronger and Get Rolling. I didn't actually get those, as they didn't have music, but many people got them on VF and liked them as add ons since they are shorter than the other HoCo workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.