Ab Circuits - Weights & Plates

princessbear

Cathlete
Tried this for the first time yesterday and loved it... although I have lots of work to do when it comes to the plates!! I couldn't do all the reps on the plates and couldn't do the straight leg pull in things... I'm going to try again later in the week. Tomorrow is yoga abs... That's my favorite.

I'm not sure what it is, but this one gets HARDER each time I do it! ;) I did it this morning and it nearly killed me!

Gayle

Mary, I did it this morning and DOMS are setting in already. My core rarely gets sore! HA!

Gayle

It's very rare that my core gets sore. It did when I first started with some of the Ab Circuit routines... but now, not so much. BUT the rest of my body is in constant state of DOMS from Meso 1, which I restarted and am on the last workout of the Mesocyle.

I know what you mean about constant state of DOMS. I too am a victim of constant DOMS all over my body. It's great I guess, because that means things are improving but it sure wears me out. But I'll just keep on keeping on. That weights and plates is really tough stuff too.

Tracy

Did this again yesterday and am happy that it wasn't harder - it wasn't easy, but I felt much more comfortable with the exercises!

If I ever get through this entire workout, no breaks, then I will consider that a freakin' miracle. I really don't think I've ever done a harder ab/core workout. Of course I said that to myself when I did the "no equipment abs." Then I got to this one, and .... wow!! I just don't see how you couldn't get ripped with these workouts (and of course, eating clean)

Not princessbear, but DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness. It usually kicks in 1-2 days after a workout.

Tricia

1-2 days??? Hahahaha - when I do a leg workout I feel DOMS withn 6-8 HOURS!! :eek: Although I don't usually get DOMS with abs workouts. My core is pretty strong - I just need to clean up the diet so I can see the abs under the 1/4 inch or so of padding :)

No equipment abs kills me - It feels harder to me than the weights and plates.

question for the educated crowd!

Also-DOMS stands for day of muscle soreness...which is many with this workout! After doing the weights and plates set, everytime I sneeze, lift anything, and tonight-rake-I wanna cry!!! (kinda love the DOMS thing though-sick isn't it?!?)
I have the pavi tiles for my workout space and I was wondering if anyone has found anything that works really well for the plates. I have been using frisbees but they really stick, not hard to use with the leg workouts (except for the bonus legs-YEOW!!!) but very difficult to make fluid movements during the ab segments.
Has anyone found anything that works better???
TIA!
julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.