A Simple Recipe: Mix 1 part Workout with 2 parts Nutrition

Hey Helen: congrats again on the weight loss..I hadn't realised you had that much in 2 weeks! Thats awesome..I totally hear you on the chocolate covered pretzels...they are my idea of perfection during TTOTM...you got your salt, your chocolate and carbs...Perfection in one bite!

On MFP I just log in my eats and exercise and do the fbcky thing. If you go to my friends you will see about 15 people...we are all cathy fans and check in daily...not really check in just post and reply to others. Sort of cheerleader each other on...some challange others to try a dvd when they are feeling down and not in the mood. It is a virtual hug type of thing with the other gals rooting for you!

Sort of like how i responded to your workout...but more of us...sometimes I do a daily goal for myself and it has a sort of accountability to it. It is pretty fun during the week and calms down on the weekend when people are with their families or out shopping..or in your case hunting deer :)

steph

Another busy week. I'm glad I finally got my arse in gear and went back to the early a.m. workouts. I am feeling like I can do just about anything when my workout is done and I've sweated buckets before the sun comes up.

Today is my only day off this week (I know...cry me a river...) and I still need to get the majority of my Christmas shopping done! I am not a shopper, but I have never procrastinated this much!:eek:

This morning, I did Afterburn after doing 10 burpees per Stephanie's suggestion. Is there a thread where you post the daily day starter, Steph?
You and your friends do whoop it up on mfp. It's fun to read.:D I'm feeding off of the support you give each other.

Funny little story...yesterday was "goody day" at school. It was a pot luck lunch with all the teachers bringing in different dishes for lunch and dessert. I stuck to my whole wheat pasta with turkey/tomato sauce and steamed broccoli that I brought in my little lunchbox, but I caved into peer pressure and took 2 tiny rum balls. I am trying to be as diligent as I can with my food logging, so I looked up rum balls in myfitnesspal. If you are not easily offended, take a minute and look them up and see the description for the 3rd listing. Yikes!!!! :eek::eek: We had a good laugh over that one!

I've got lots of housecleaning to do today, so I'm off! I hope you are all doing well and sticking to your workout and nutritional guns! We are soooooo worth it! :D:D

:DHelen

Hey helen!
No thread really i just put in my comments...we are all pretty bad on mfp of keeping to a thread..its easier to just post stuff.

You have to friend the other Cathe gals..I just started a month ago and i have to say it really keeps me going..lots of silliness;)

I am so jealous you get to go shopping today...If i didn't like teaching so much i would have loved to be either an event planner or a personal shopper!

Hey girls! Sounds like you're both doing well with workouts & nutrition! I've started lifting again, so I'm pretty happy. I started with Slow & Heavy legs & shoulders on Monday night, & I'll do one of the other Slow & Heavy workouts tonight. My dr. gave me an anti-inflammatory gel to rub on my elbow if it starts flaring up, so that's good.
DH is going to try his luck again with the deer this weekend. Hopefully, he'll have better luck than last time!
Helen: No, I haven't been logging into myfitnesspal, sorry to say...:eek: Maybe if things ever slow down here at work I'll be able to get back into that. I think once I got more familiar with how to do it, I could log things a lot quicker. Sounds like you & Steph are having a good time over there! ;)
Take care, ladies & have great HUMP days!
Jane

Jane: Yay! Back to the weights! :) I love Slow & Heavy. I hope your elbow holds up! Join us on MFP if you can. Their mobile app makes logging easier.

The days are just flying by. There is so much to do and we all bring it upon ourselves. If I don't get the cookies baked, will the world stop spinning??? My kids' world will,:p but overall, no.

I still have to get a little shopping done and my youngest still needs to do a little shopping, too. The problem is, she has no time available either, between school, workouts, practices, and her social life, we have a very small window to get it done. Today and tomorrow are the days!! Whatever doesn't get done this weekend just might not get done! :)

I've had a pretty good week of nutrition and workouts. Early morning is working well for me, so I'll stick with it. I survived 3 nutritional mine fields this week...2 at school and 1 last night. I had few glasses of wine last night and a decent sized bite of cheesecake and both were really good.

I've also had a few other bothersome issues this week. Without sharing too much, let's just say I think I need a little more fiber in my diet. My weigh in today showed a gain of 2 lbs. and I'm certain that's why. Everything has been "going" smoothly this week...except, well, ME.:p

Athletic Training is on tap this morning. Then we'll hit the mall for the first time this shopping season. I don't know which will be more difficult...

Have a wonderful weekend!

I forgot...one of the teachers loaned me her Hungry Girl cookbook. I'll be trying a few of the recipes in the coming days and will let you know which ones are worth trying. 200 recipes under 200 calories each.

Helen: I like the sound of those recipes! If you like a lot of them, maybe I'll buy it...
& to touch on your other "issue," I take BeneFiber every day. I mix a TB in with some pomegranate juice & it keeps me going... LOL You can mix it in anything - even just water.
Stephanie: How are things going with you?
I made it through Slow & Heavy, so I think I'll try the Gym Style series next. Keep your fingers crossed for me! It feels SO GOOD to be lifting again!
I'm crazy busy at work, & my DH has surgery tomorrow on his wrist, so you may not hear from me until after Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you both! & keep up the good work!

Jane: I hope all went well with your husband's surgery and that you had a very Merry Christmas. I'm glad you are able to lift weights again! :)

I've made a few recipes out of the Hungry Girl cookbook. I made onion rings one night to go with our venison bratwurst. They were pretty good...different, but everyone ate them and didn't complain, so I'll call that a success! :) I also made something called "Swirls Gone Wild" cheesecake brownies. They are VERY tasty and low fat/calorie, too, and are disappearing pretty quickly, too.

We are having fun on mfp, Jane. Logging in my food has been lots easier with the support of other people on the site. There are lots of cathletes there, too. There are a bunch who are starting an STS rotation on February 13 if you're up for it. ;)

It's workout time. P90X Back & Biceps plus medicine ball abs.

Have a wonderful day! :DHelen

Hi girls! Long time no see! I hope you both had a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Helen: That cheesecake brownie recipe sounds delicious! Spill it, please & thank you! I would join you gals on mfp, but I've never been into counting calories, & can't seem to get interested in it...
I just HAD to share my news!!! I'M SPORTING MY SKINNY PANTS AT WORK TODAY!!!!! MY SIZE 4'S!!!! I hadn't tried them on for awhile, what with the holidays, but decided to try them on this morning. Whoo Hoo!!!!! :D:eek:
My DH's surgery went well, & he's pretty well recovered enough now that he'll be starting PT soon.
Steph: Hope you're doing well!
A friend & I started STS the first of the year. My elbow is twinging/downright hurting, but I'm going to keep on it, since it's not going to get any better. We're kind of following Ann Marie's rotation.
Hope both of you are doing well!
Take care,
Jane

Jane: Yay for the skinny pants!!:D And Yay for starting STS!!:D I know what you're going through with nagging injuries. I just modify, lighten the weight if necessary. A moving target is harder to hit, so I just keep moving!! :) I'm glad your husband's surgery went well, too.

I am continuing with my P90X/Cathe cardio workouts. This is recovery week for me, so there will be minimal (if any) weight lifting. Next week begins the final month of P90X.

Have a wonderful week! :DHelen

Here is the "Swirls Gone Wild" Cheesecake Brownie Recipe: (It's from the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 Cookbook)

Ingredients:

(1) 18.25 oz. box devil's food cake mix
(1) 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
6 oz. fat free cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Splenda granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin, stirring until completely blended. Batter will be very thick.

Spray a large baking pan (9 x 13 or so) with nonstick spray. Spread batter into the pan and set aside.

Place powdered creamer in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons warm water and stir until creamer has dissolved. Add cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla extract. Using a whisk, mix vigorously until completely blended, smooth, and lump-free.

Spoon cheesy mixture over the brownie batter and use a knife to swirl it in.

Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely. Cut into 16 pieces.

MAKES 16 SERVINGS
PER SERVING (1 Brownie): 133 calories; 1.75g fat; 312mg sodium; 29g carbs; 1.5g fiber; 7.5g sugars; 3g protein.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.