A Question About Menopause....

40something

I know certain topics here are forbidden so I will try to keep the subject matter here...adult...and non-suggestive for the younger audience.

My question is, does sex drive diminish, and I'm speaking chemically here not physically as in too tired, too stressed out, etc.

I'm mid forties right now and my periods are starting to change and my libido is practically out-of-control so I'm attributing this to chemical changes going on and now I'm fearing that once menopause is firmly in place I'll lose the physical desire.

Any comments appreciated.

I'm 46 and my libido seemed to have increased after 40...:)...I recently started using the Nuvaring in the last 2 years after mostly non hormone birth control...diaphragm...:)..Carole

I'm soon to be 51 and I experienced an out of control libido in the beginning of peri-menopause about age 42. Then, around age 46-47, my libido dropped significantly. My doctor suggested to me it was hormones.

For the past year I have been using 2% testosterone cream. I have since regained a healthy sex drive :). There are options out there to help with menopause symptoms. You just have to read, read, read.

Thanks, Candi. I got your PM. I'm trying to find my outgoing message so I can resend it to your home email.
-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.