a couple items to pack

lorrayne

Cathlete
Now that it's a month away, I thought it may be helpful to add to what's already been provided to you in the packing list...

Remember that southern California is a desert. That means that we have a dry heat in the summer. In the winter, that means that the temp will feel much colder due to the low humidity. Even in the summer time locals always have a light jacket to wear once the sun goes down.

I HIGHLY recommend you bring either a jacket or a sweatshirt with you. You will need it. Trust me. You most likely will be wearing it during Sunday morning's boot camp.

Don't forget to bring your camera 'cause you'll have plenty of photo ops with Cathe and, of course, your fellow road trippers. :)

Anyone else want to add to this list?

Cathe is wonderful about autographing DVD covers. If you want her to do that, I recommend bringing just the paper cover out of the DVD case. I put the one I wanted her to sign into a Ziploc bag, along with a Sharpie pen so that I knew she would have a pen available. There was a point at the summer RT where she was having to scramble for a pen to sign things. This way you know you're covered and it doesn't hold up the line for other people.

I had a difficult time deciding which DVD cover to take, until it occurred to me to select the very first Cathe workout I did -- that made it easy!

Extra tennis shoes

I was at the Daytona RT and would suggest that you take an extra pair of tennis shoes for the beach activities. We had our group picture taken on Saturday morning on the beach, then did a step workout right after that and I had sand in the soles of my shoes and was sliding all over the step! So I plan to take my old workout shoes for the beach activities and then I'll just throw them out.

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

I was at the Daytona RT and would suggest that you take an extra pair of tennis shoes for the beach activities. We had our group picture taken on Saturday morning on the beach, then did a step workout right after that and I had sand in the soles of my shoes and was sliding all over the step! So I plan to take my old workout shoes for the beach activities and then I'll just throw them out.

Thanks for that reminder. I was thinking the same thing and might have forgotten since I didn't write it down :rolleyes:

I second Lorrayne's remarks--southern California is cooler than people may imagine this time of year, so bring some warmer clothes just in case.

I've never been to a RT, but I think a workout towel might be helpful, too. I know when I do Cathe's DVDs I'm usually sweating buckets!

I guess you could do the beach workout in your bare feet but we did quite a bit of running so I'm not sure if that would feel good or not.

Good Call Bev! That sand did not want to part with my sneaks, so glad I had another pair. Thanks for the suggestion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.