A BIG Thank You to the person who

Zora

Cathlete
I'm not sure who first posted info about the "Skin Type Solution" book, but man oh man, do I want to give you a big hug!!!:D I learned SO much from reading this book (and how I was using some very bad products for my skin type - ack!).

Anyway, I spent a lot of time and $$$ at CVS a few days ago and have never been this excited to wash my face, etc.! :7 I have very oily skin and have been finally enjoying the past few days sans major shininess! And that's even WITHOUT using powder (which I rarely go without in public)!

Now I need to suppress the urge to become a full-blown product junkie and make myself stick to one change at a time. :( This is my first month OFF BC pills, so I've been worried about how my skin will react - now I know which products to use (and not use) and how to take better care of my skin! And her website is also VERY useful (especially the forums)!

Thanks again!

Hi,

I was not the person that posted the info on that book, but I too, got it out of the library and purchased all the products for my skin type. I am "DRPW"..I am intrigued that you were able to buy your products at CVS. I could not figure out any drugstore type products and ended up getting what Dr Baumann recommended on Ebay. I spent a lot of money!x( . The only thing I did not like about the book was that she did not really explain what "good" ingredients to look for in a product very well. This would have allowed me to do a litte research on less expensive products, or maybe some of the ones I already had were ok!

Good to check in with someone also trying this program!

Deb

I'm so glad that you've been finding the book helpful! My rosacea-prone skin has gotten so much better since following Dr. Baumann's recommendations, and my little wrinkles have even smoothed up a bit in the last year!

So glad it's been helping!!!
Leanne

Yes, thank you, Leanne! I was just reading my copy today! I haven't bought any of the products yet, but look forward to using stuff that is right for me. Great recommendation!

I didn't see the previous thread on this book. I just put it on reserve from my library and am very interested in checking it out.

Deb,

I'm an ORPW (but very near the "middle zone" for everything EXCEPT the oily/dry line), so I kind of "mixed and matched" products from some of the other skin types' lists that I thought might work for me. I did have to order two things from drugstore.com because I couldn't find them and didn't feel like hiking all over town looking for them. (By the way, drugstore.com has a shipping special right now - free shipping on your first non-prescription purchase of $25 or more!) :D

After comparing the lists for your skin type with the lists for my type, I realized that my lists were much more "CVS-user-friendly" with more of the inexpensive products - sorry :(

As far as ingredients go, the only thing I think I really have to be careful about is knowing what to avoid because I'm a "P" - the oily no-nos are easier to keep track of.

Good luck to you! I'm worried because I almost spent as much time on the SS forum as I normally do on Cathe's! :eek: Just what I need - another site that totally sucks me in and drains me of my free time! ;-) }(

Hello

YES! THANK YOU from me too.

I just ordered a copy from Amazon. My library didn't have it.

I suffer from adult acne and one of my relatives recently commented that my hands and fingers must be dirty all the time for me to be breaking out.

I didn't want to say anything rude to her so I just said No, they are not dirty.

Anyways, I am looking forward to receiving the book so I can take the "quiz" and hopefully find a remedy for my problem.

Penny

I just got the book last week (used, from an Amazon seller - cheap!) and am also a DRPW. I got most of the cheaper products from drugstore.com - although I did have to order the vit C serum from Avon and a discontinued Avon scrub from an eBay seller. All in all, I think I spent about $75 for 6 products. I didn't think that was bad at all.

I should mention that I'm going to continue the use of my current daytime moisturizer. I have plenty of it (Cetaphil with SPF15) and didn't see that the brands recommended offered anything different.

Diane

A HUGE thank you from me too, Leanne. I have really oily, acne prone skin and this book has helped me immensely. My face has never felt better, it's nice that she provides a list of the exact products to use. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.