A 60-minute step workout

woodie

Cathlete
I LOVE step and cathe does athletic step the best that I've seen. I'd love to get an all step workout - no abs, no weights... nothing but step!

:)

Lisa

I second that--also it would be nice if it were broken down into 2-3 segments, so if I wake up late & I don't have time to do the entire hour I wouldn't have to stop in the middle of a routine.

I would love a 60 minute routine that could be premixed into 3 shorter 20 minute routines. I often like to do a little stepping or other cardio before weight lifting. Often I do the step routine from SJ&P before going into weights. Sort of an extended warm-up:). If there was a 20-20-20 minute routine it could be similar to core max or Stretch max. Helen

I would like to see this too! I would like to see 3 seperate segments too. This would be great for weight training days. Great suggestion!

Aila

Yes Cathe, I'd like to see more step!

How about Step Blast2, Rythmic Step2 and PowerMax2 plus any more step choices you'd like to include!!

Please, please, please!

Coco

Tee hee - this is the 3rd pro-step post I've responded to bumping them all up to the top - but I'd just like to chime in on the idea for a step workout broken into 3 20 minute segments for a long step workout or a quick cardio session before weight training. I currently use the Timesaver 5 rotation DVD for short step workouts, which is great - but I can never get enough Cathe step!

I just did Step Blast this morning and was thinking that another all step tape would be great. And, another one with a few intervals thrown in would be even better!

Shelbygirl

I could use another one too. Especially for rest weeks when my body needs a Heavy Weight break and I do just easy cardio/abs/stretch.

Yes, please!
That's what I fell in love with -- Just step...

Hard, tricky choreography, great music, lots of fun!

Charlene

Agree, agree!!! I love 60-minute step workouts and would love to see Cathe put out more cardio workouts (I have enough weight workouts). Another vote for Rhythmic Step 2 or Step Blast 2!

Yes, more step!!!! My current rotation is cardio, total body weights, cardio, upper body, cardio, lower body, cardio, circuit training, then interval training and start it over again. So you see, I go through cardio a lot quicker. I definately vote for rhythmic step 2, step blast 2 etc. I'll say that it should be broken down approx. 15, 15, 15 plus a 15 minute step challenge plus approx 15 minutes divided between warm-up, cool down and stretch. I liked rhythmic step, but I kind of would like a little longer time frame for each segment. It seemed that about the time I really learned the routine and got into it, then it went on to the next one. Maybe repeat each segment a couple times more. In the interest of time, I don't like my cardio to go much over 70 minutes. I like 90's dance music background-like "shape your body", "pump up the jam", "Ooh baby, baby",(I might not have the titles right, but atleast those lyrics are in the songs). I always blast those songs on when I am on the treadmill.
I can't remember the exact breakdown of rhythmic step, but if it takes too long to "build" each segment into 15 minute segments, then do 2-20 minute segments with a 15 minute step challenge then 15 minutes divided between warm-up, cool down and stretch.
Thanks,
Eva

I am in desperate need of some new cardio!!! I'm actually doing a classic rotation right now. I did Step Heat today and MSB yesterday. I LOVE the music in MSB, lol the 80's club sounding music is great. MORE STEP CATHE!!! I need to burn off the fat to show off my muscles you helped me sculpt ;)

I too go through alot more cardio (6x/wk) than the strength or circuit workouts. Since I don't run I get my daily 60 minutes of cardio from my dvds. Cathe is the queen of advance power stepping and I truly hope she'll go back to her roots and make more challenging, fun, high intensity step workouts. I've noticed recently she's making less cardio/step workouts in her series which is too bad because she's the best. I even got into kickboxing because I needed more Cathe cardio workouts. Doing the same step routines over and over again will become monotonous at some point. Please make more 60 minutes of step, kickbox, and/or hi/lo cardio workouts like your dvds RS or CH. These are awesome but dated. I love to see more dvds with 3 cardio workouts to choose from with great music, choreography, and clothes like that of SB, my favorite step workout of all time. We read often here and on other health related forums/shows how important cardio workout is to lose weight and fat to see the muscles, so please give us some more of your step magic Cathe :p

Cecilia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.