75 ways to love your oatmeal

*~Jessica~*

Cathlete
I ordered the Book " 75 ways to love your oatmeal" by Jenny Grothe and LOVE it!! Has anyone heard of it? I was amazed at how many recipes there were to making oatmeal! I already tried 3 of her recipes (Baked apple pie,Banana bread crock pot steel cut oats, and peach cobbler Baked). I had to order a few items due to UN availability like sugar free torani syrup in the english toffee and PB2 cocolate and regular! I thought the book was pretty interesting and thought I would mention it in case maybe some would be interested in checking it out? :)

Last edited:
I'm not a huge oatmeal fan, it has to be just right. But, I do eat it and DH and DS like it. I'm not sure I'd personally buy a whole book about oatmeal, but I'm going to see if the library has it. I think it'd be good to take a peak at.

Thanks!

Nan

Good reviews

Checked amazon.com & it got all great reviews. I think I'll wait till you get it & can give us your input.

Loving my oatmeal :p

I have a crock pot and always wanted to try a delish oatmeal recipe in it :p

The other day I was seriously craving chocolate for breakfast (quite odd, but hey it happens) and so I threw a couple of dark chocolate chips into my oatmeal with a drizzle of honey and some pieces of banana. Dear heaven it tasted like chocolate chip banana bread!

BTW, love the way you put your name. Very cute ;)

Call me crazy, but I always wanted to try a savory oatmeal, like how grits are served. Has anyone tried this? I don't like sweet things, but oat meal itself is pretty neutral tasting.

I think it could work and I think I might experiment at the weekend.

I also have this book and I love it. I have tried many of the recipes and a few of my faves are the Baked Apple Pie, Banana Bread and Banana Choc Chip recipes. I hadn't tried baked oatmeal until I found this book and it is wonderful!!! I would recommend it if you are a fan of oatmeal!

The other day I was seriously craving chocolate for breakfast (quite odd, but hey it happens) and so I threw a couple of dark chocolate chips into my oatmeal with a drizzle of honey and some pieces of banana. Dear heaven it tasted like chocolate chip banana bread!

I have made oatmeal in the crock pot overnight. It is absolutely wonderful! You need to use steel cut oats. It's one cup of oats to 4 cups of water if you are cooking overnight. Dice up an apple and throw in some cinnamon....yummy! Nothing like waking up to the smell.:D

I've also done the chocolate oatmeal. :cool:

I have made oatmeal in the crock pot overnight. It is absolutely wonderful! You need to use steel cut oats. It's one cup of oats to 4 cups of water if you are cooking overnight. Dice up an apple and throw in some cinnamon....yummy! Nothing like waking up to the smell.:D

Thanks for the suggestion! Trying it this weekend! :p

Temperature for crock pot

At what temperature do you set your crock pot?

BTW, love the way you put your name. Very cute ;)

Thanks Mini ;) And your recipe with the drk chocolate and honey sounds to die for!! lol!

I was never a real fan of oatmeal either until I got a hold of this Book! I hate to admit this but the only time I actually ate oatmeal was when I made the spinach/whey/oatmeal smoothy recipe CathE had on her fb page :eek:! Now the whole family is loving it! Jenny has a FB page if interested? the link is

Recipes for Gals in Figure and Bodybuilding | Facebook
OR
Jenny Passey Grothe | Facebook
where she has a ton more recipes for different things I found pretty useful.

Crock Pot

Fit44...great idea about using a crock pot!

I've never had a crock pot, can I get some suggestions on what is a good brand from everyone?

Thanks...

Oh, so THAT"S what I was doing wrong--not enough water.:eek: I'll try again. Thanks!

Call me crazy, but I always wanted to try a savory oatmeal, like how grits are served. Has anyone tried this? I don't like sweet things, but oat meal itself is pretty neutral tasting.

I think it could work and I think I might experiment at the weekend.

Hmm, wonder how cheesy oatmeal would be? Like cheese grits - oh gosh did I like those. Oh lookie here - isn't google the best - ask and you can find anything:

Cheesy Bacon Oatmeal | Live Well 360

For some reason I don't like oatmeal. I've really tried to like it. I know oats are good for you, so I started putting 1/4 cup steel cut oats (raw) in a carton of Oikos vanilla Greek yogurt (I add a few blueberries). I love this for breakfast. It's fast and delicious!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.