>>> --- 6 Month STS Alumni, August 1st---<<<

cendrine

Cathlete
We're in august already! Wow!
I got to have some time to myself this morning so I did max intens weights and then sat in my hammock, reading... :) I love a quiet Sunday!
Not much else going on here.
How is everybody?

Hey guys
Just a quick in and out for me too. I am in between dinner prep.
The reunion was lots of fun. It was almost like being back in the high school cafeteria. All the clicks kind of grouped together. I guess somethings never change. LOL
DH and I have just been relaxing and taking the day easy but now I feel like I am in overdrive.
DH has not had any pain since Friday so I am very excited about that. I am really hoping all the test come back free and clear of everything and maybe this was just some really weird fluke that will not ever happen again.
Other than that, nothing to report here either. The weather is miserable so we are just staying in and trying to run all weekend errands early.

Still no CE mag yet!!! grrr

TTYL

Okay, so where have I been all day? Here's the breakdown:

Yesterday DH went with a friend to the other side of the mountains to help him set up a campsite (about 150 miles from here). Then today I picked up friends wife in Seattle (one of my GF's), drove her to campsite, picked up DH and came home (travel time 6 + hours in the car for me because of Sunday traffic). But everybody got something they wanted: Friend got help he needed from DH, DH got overnight camp trip, GF got a ride from me so she could spend time with her son (home from college) yesterday, and I got 3 hours good GF time in the car! Everybody's happy! Oh, and the mountains were beautiful today! When we went over the summit, the traffic was all messed up because everyone was gawking at the views! LOL! When DH downloads his pictures I'll post a couple. I'm still waiting for him to give me the kayak pictures for me to post. All in all it was a good day! But I'm ready for bed!

Rachel, that's exactly how it's been when I've gone to my reunions...the clicks never died! LOL! Glad DH is doing well! See, last time I was the one that didn't get my CE magazine! I got mine like 3 weeks after you and Cendrine.

Cendrine, what a wonderful relaxing day! Glad you're making use of that hammock! LOL! So what's on your reading list right now? I know, I can't believe it's August and we've really only had about a week of summer!

Kim, hope you're having a good time!

TTY Tomorrow!

Quick Monday morning post! Nothing to report...I'm sleepy today though! No time to workout this morning so I plan on doing something when I get home tonight or I may run over to the gym after work.

Hope your Monday is happy!

Hey guys!
I am so excited. DH and I are probably going to be done with our job tomorrow or early Wed. I am so excited! I am ready to relax.
There was no workout for me this morning so I am itching for something. I was just too sleepy to crawl out of bed this morning,

Jo-How great that you had a wonderful day and everyone was happy. I hope you get to post some of the pics. It sounds so beautiful!

Cendrine-The all to yourself time sounds great. I need some of that too.

Kim-DId you have a great camping trip?

Off to eat dinner!

TTYT

Hey Guys,

did you see the presale news?

I'm intrigued by the intensity low impact add ons. Plus my birthday is not that far away, so I think I'll get it. Need I ask if you guys are going to get it? :)

I went on a walk with a friend and the kids on bikes this morning for workout. There was a slight incline portion (about half of the distance we walked) that got too hard for dd's no-gear bike with training wheels, so I ended up pulling her by a rope dh attached to the handlebars for this very reason.... ;) I didn't mind the added work...

The acupuncture dr gave me some herbs that he says could help my back so I am hoping things will keep progressing well. Tomorrow I have a weight workout planned, still gradually upping the weights since I am only mildly sore after each weight workout but making myself do it slowly despite wanting to jump back in full force... Focusing on super good form instead.

I tried the tilapia recipe from CE today for dinner, the one with the pineapple/lime/basil topping. Flavor was good, but needed lots of salt.... And last night I made the spaghetti bolognese recipe also from CE which was very yummy, although I added a lot more carrots because I had them left over from when we were at the farm and they started looking a little wilted... A good recipe.

Rachel, yay on a job almost done! I'm happy for you that you'll get a chance to relax some!

Jo, I just worked my way through a series of 15 books called the Heather Creek Series, about a farm family that is raising their dd's three kids (she was killed in a car crash) and all the parenting issues that come with it. Very enjoyable and today I finished Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, excellent book but tough subject matter about a girl in the goldrush time that is sold into prostitution at age of 8 and gets a chance to be loved and heal and turn things around and help others in her situation when she is grown up.
Now I am absolutely out of reading material and don't know what to do with myself, or I should say, there's plenty I know I could do but don't want to....LOL (reading this much was my summer escape, I can't have series in my house during the school year, otherwise we would get nowhere...)

Kim, I hope your having a great time enjoying the summer break!

Well Beam Me Up Scotty! I am on it! No Cendrine, no questions to be asked of this girl! OF COURSE I'M BUYING! LOL!

I had a very busy day and tonight I've been studying so just wanted to drop in for a hello and glad I did! I came home tonight and did 60 minutes of BodyMax 2 Scrambled Eggs Premix (it's 80 minutes for the whole thing). I had to get dinner going but wanted to get some good cardio in.

Cendrine, you are just progressing like crazy! What great improvements and I'm interested in your acupuncture treatments! Oooh your tilapia sounds delicous! I've still haven't gotten to really look at my magazine yet but I love tilapia so that sounds enticing! Wow! A 15 book series. I think the most I've ever done was a 6 book series. They must have been good!

Rachel, glad you're going to get some relax time (is that chillaxin?) I think both you and DH need it. Let us know as soon as you hear back about his tests!

Hi ya Kim!

Back to study! Tomorrow is spin!

OH, new dvds!! That made my day! I'll be buying them! Is anyone buying the downloads or just the dvds? Anyone interested in the workout manager? I can't see myself designing my own workouts as there is already lots to choose from.

Yesterdays was a holiday around here so a 3 day weekend for everyone! The weather was beautiful! We had a great time at the cottage, very few bugs and every got along well. We did lots of swimming/boating. We even got the waterskiis out for the adults. I ended up with water in my ear and a terrible earache just as we were leaving yesterday. I came home last night, took some meds and went to bed early. But otherwise a great weekend.

I"m still on holidays this week. Kids and I have nothing planned for today but want to do housework, vaccum the camper, workout, maybe go check on the house. Kids are sleeping in after so much fresh air/sun/ playing with cousins all weekend.

Tomorrow is my eye surgery:confused:

Cendrine The swimming lessons offered around here, are the Red Cross Learn to Swim lessons. I think they are internationally used. There are 10 levels and kids start at age 6. DD is in level 8 and ds level 9 so almost done! Glad that you're getting some quiet time! I don't think the presale is selling dvds individually yet.

Rachael SOunds like a good weekend for you, DH feeling better and the reunion went well! Just wondering if you finished the mud room project??

Jo Busy weekend for you! IS the weather still nice?? Have fun at spinning!

I did Body Max weights today and then took the kids to the pool for practice and ended up swimming 10 laps myself. I love the feel of the water! I'll work up to more laps tomorrow since I'm planning on taking the kids daily for a while. Weather is still on the mild side so getting in and out takes a bit of effort....;)
I think I'll pop dd on the bike seat again this evening when dh and ds are heading out for their class.
Preorder starts on the 4th, so I'll be hitting it then! LOL!
JO, the 15 books series was interesting because it was done by 4 different authors, they all took turns writing the next book.... not something I've ever done before and I probably wouldn't have reached for it had a friend of mine not let me borrow hers, but they were a fun read.
I think you would like the tilapia recipe, but I'm sure time in the kitchen is going to be short until you get your classes finished. Let me know when you made it!

Kim, sounds like you are having a great time on your holiday! Thanks for the info on the swimclasses, I just checked the add at the pool by our lifeguard company and this is exactly what they are offering! So I think I'll do that next year.
How's it going, Rachel?

Good Tuesday!

Kim, oh what a fun weekend you had (except for the ear :()! Sounds like you've been making the most of your time off! It'll make it hard to go back to work! Good luck on your surgery; I'll be thinking of you! Yes and isn't it nice to come back to a PRE-ORDER!! I'm stoked!

Cendrine, 10 LAPS? You're a fish! You are definitely getting a lot of cross training which your body is probably loving! No wonder you're responding so well to the increased activity! I may try the tilapia recipe this weekend.

Rachel, hello! Hope you're having a good day!

Tonight is spinning and I plan to hit the sauna as well. I made a nice black bean soup last night with lot of vegetables for lunches.

TTYL!

What a GREAT spin I had tonight! Busy stressful day and then a GREAT spin and a visit to the sauna! Does a body good!

Hope you all had a great day!

OMG it is a late check in for me but it has been one heck of a day!
I thought it was going great and then at lunch I set the fire alarms off at the church that we are working at!!!!!It is one of the largest daycares in the town we are working at. It was terrible. I have been making the same thing the same way on my grill in the same room all this time and on the last day that we are going to be there, I set the alarm off. :eek::eek::eek:

Then we got home and the new girl dog had a bunch of boyfriends over including her brother so dh and I had to make a decision and that was not easy for us. We decided that we could not take on the responsibility of 2 more dogs right now and we have tried everyone around us and no one wants them. We just really do not have the time to do the running it would probably take to find them homes. SO we took them to the pound.:( I am hoping that because they are so super friendly that they will find good homes for them.

So this day has been exhausting. No workouts on top of all that.

So DH and I decided to see if there were any cabins at a lake my brother and his family are vacationing at this week. We found one and are going to go up there tomorrow and be back Friday.

Cendrine-I would have missed that presale if you hadn't said something about it so I am thanking you!
I wish I was a good swimmer because I bet it feels great to get exercise that way!
I did finaly get CE in today but haven't even got a chance to look at it.
It sounds like you are coming right along with the weight work outs!!!!YEAH!

Jo-I guess somethings never change...high school...LOL
I thought you mentioned this but are you doing any of your school on line? It sounds like you are already in the thick of things. It's great that you have spin to destress you!

Kim-Hahaha! I had to laugh when you asked about the mudroom cause we have not touched it. In DH's and my defense though, it is entirely too hot to be outside and I would not want to do the cutting inside but we are thinking we are going to start the floors next and save the trim for last so we can go over the floors with the trim.
GOOD LUCK ON THE EYE SUGERY;) It will go great I know it!

Better go I need to sleep so I can start a new day tomorrow!

Oh I'm up early with nothing to do. I think I'm a little nervous about the surgery. Kids are over at their cousins to hang out. I'm supposed to be there for 10 am and DH will pick me at 2 pm. The actual procedure is only 10 mins but I think they review things first and then monitor for a couple of hours after.

Rachael I'm so glad that you're getting to go to the cabin! It sure sounds like you need a few days to relax! Enjoy!! Oh that's too bad about the fire alarm:eek: Did you get DH's test results back! DON'T feel guilty about the dogs!

Cendrine how fun on the swimming! So who was watching the kids while you swam? Did you get a chance to bike ride yesterday?

Jo Glad you enjoyed the spinning class? Did your gh's go? I guess Losing it with Jillian is over?? It hasn't been on for the last 2 weeks.

I'll post when I can, we'll see what I feel like the next couple of days. Hopefully I feel well enough to do my preorder today. I think I'll use the 20% off coupon to order some dvds to replace VHS.

We went to see the new house yesterday. They had poured the foundation for the garage and did some backfilling around the house . It's good to see the progression but the kids and I are waiting for some more exciting things to happen.

Last edited:
Kim, good luck on the surgery! I'll be thinking of you today! I know how you feel about wanting to see more progress on the house. Once they start framing though, things will really get exciting! Yeah, no Jillian...I guess we just have to wait for the next round of TBL. It was probably a little summer filler they were trying out. Now they have that Anthony Robbins show and I'll bet that goes until TBL starts.

Rachel, I know that was a tough decision about the dogs, but you did the best you could while you could! Don't feel bad! I'm laughing about the fire alarm - oh I know how that feels! LOL! Regarding my school, this session it's a "blended" class meaning I do it all online but I have to go to class once a week. Attendance is mandatory. And, this class (math) was a self-paced class so I'm actually finishing it tonight - taking my FINAL!!! I breezed through this so I would have the rest of August to enjoy before school starts again September 1. But, my next two classes are completely online so I don't have to go in at all. So you get to choose if you want online, blended or classroom. There are some classes I know I'll want to do in class because I'll benefit more from the interaction. Rachel, you guys enjoy your time off! Hope DH is feeling okay!

Good Morning Cendrine!!!!

Okay, off to the shower. I have PT this morning and then my final tonight! Oh and somewhere in there I'll do the presale!!

I'm gonna do the presale as soon as I'm done checking in with you guys....:)

Kim, probably too late now but good luck on your surgery!

Rachel, I had to laugh too about you setting off the fire alarm with your healthy cooking! LOL! Just the kind of thing that could happen to me too!

Jo, wow, on to finals! Yay! You are such a go-getter! Way to go! I would choose it that way too, why drag things out when you can be done sooner and enjoy the summer?

Kim, yes I did my bike ride again last night, it was great, about 40min worth of it, tomorrow I am going to add an extra incline loop to see if it will take me to 60min. :) then I swam again today after the kids were done practicing (they either play by the showers because they are warmed by solar power, or sit wrapped up in their towels having their snack while I do laps. It feels so nice! I can't believe I have not done it for so long when I really do enjoy it so much! I think so far I can assume that it feels good on my back too! Before heading to the pool I walked on the treadmill with handweights and had breakfast. Now it's easy going until afternoon when we meet up with friends.

Presale, here I come!;)

Preorder done here too! :)
I also got the mat for the step, a medicine ball for dh and ds because they like to do Cathes parnter abs, and pyramid upper and lower for me...:)
I wanted to get the band for the firewalkers, but it looks like they don't have that any more or at least it's out of stock...

Oh Cendrine, you must be just feeling great! I can hear your enthusiasm about the swimming! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Yeah on the pre-order! Did you get both DVD and downloads or just the DVD's? Oh and I love that mat for the step. I use that all the time and think it was a great purchase. (I love my firewalker loops too so hope you can get those eventually!) You got some good fun new toys! LOL!

Kim, glad you are back! Hope you're feeling okay! We'll still be here when you can get back to the computer!

Hi Rachel!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.