6 Month STS Almni Jan 9-15

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!

I'm just getting us started.

Jo, did you get to make the bread yet? How long do you have to dehydrate it? Can't wait to hear about how the dehydrator works!

I hope all of you are keeping warm!

BBL

Hey quick one for me too...
I am so sore still from disc 3. I am going to have to stretch today just to get moving properly:D

I am off to clean the house ..at least some of it!

BBL
Rachel

The bike riding sounds like fun Cendrine, that's good that you able to get some exercise in through different methods.

I did Disc 4 with DH and then I decided to do Step Moves again. I did it Friday, watched the parts I had difficulty with yesterday and was wanting to try it again. It was fun! I think I understand all the moves now, I still stumbel over some of them but I know what I supposed to be doing just can't get my feet to it correctly sometimes.

DH and I did go watch Sherlock Holmes last night. Goodness, the theatre was super busy! It was a good movie! Not sure what we're going to do today, we have the day free and we have thrown around many ideas so we'll discuss it at lunch and decide on a plan.

Rachael, my hamstrings are still tight from disc 3 as well. I ended up dong the stretch from STS yesterday.

Well it was a rest day for me but I had a ton of cleaning to do. I have gotten most of everything done, that I wanted to anyhow, and now am contemplating what to do with the rest of the day. I have not done any stretching yet but with all the cleaning I loosened up alot. I can not believe that I am this sore. I think Jo is right about better form and going lower. I know I really tried to improve all that this time. I did not really add any weight but I stayed about the same and just tried to work the muscle more so maybe that is the difference. Hell who knows...:eek:All I do know is that it worked!

Kim you are really doing double duty on the work outs! I know I should do step moves again because if I do not I know I might have forgotten alot by next time. Maybe I will find a day to put it in. I am glad the movie was good. I hate it when you go and it is a disappointment. What did yall decide to do for today?

Cendrine When do you get your dehydrator? I know Jo must be off playing with hers today! I am itching for some new gadgets but I hate to get anything right now because I do not have the time to play with it.

Jo How was the onion bread? I know I missed this but is it like a real bread or what. If so how does that work in a dehydrator?

Ok I am off to figure out something to be productive!

have a great day!

Rachel

Hi Everyone! Disc 4 today! I used my new mat on the step for my chest work (loved it!). I have to be honest...my pushups aren't any better than they ever were. My legs are still a tich sore and that was from Thursday! (But they're sore just here and there.)

We just got back from Costco. I did a little cleaning this morning but here's the onion bread story: First of all it's in the dehydrator. It's been in there for about 6 hours and still has 3 or 4 to go. I was able to grind the sunflower seeds in my old blender...but had to chop the onions by hand (I need Cendrine's blender!). It took me forever to chop them small and I know some of them are still too big. So per the recipe, you turn it over after 5 hours (which I did) but looking at it, I don't think it'll be done in another 4 hours so stay tuned because I think I may have it too thick. But with that said, I always try to make everything per recipe the first time and then tweak to fit my likes (I guess we all do huh?) Here's the recipe I'm following:

Onion bread
2 1/2 lbs sweet onions, peeled
1 cup ground sunflower seeds
1 cup ground golden flax seeds
1/2 cup olive oil
3 oz. Nama Shoyu

Put onions in food processor with 's' blade and process until small pieces, (but not mush). Put in mixing bowl with the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. The flax will absorb liquid. Smooth onto teflex sheets* about 1/4" thick and place in dehydrator for 5 hours, turning over for another 3-4 hours or until dry and crispy. Either break into pieces or cut with a pizza cutter, and store in refrigerator in an airtight container.

ETA: I forgot to add I have it on the 105 degree setting.

Last edited:
Okay coming back to the onions (I wanted to post before I lost it!). I had 3 big onions and they were the worst EVER for making my eyes tear! My eyes didn't just water...they were flooding to the point I couldn't SEE! DH came and helped me and we kept trading off chopping! I will be ordering the food processor SOON or getting something else to work with!!

Kim, glad you like the movie! I really want to see that. I can only get DH to go if his back isn't bothering him. We usually wait until they come out on DVD but I really want to see that and Avatar! You're my Sunday hero for also doing Step Moves again!

Cendrine, the biking sounded fun! Glad you had a good time! What are you going to make first with your dehydrator? How's you back doing after the bike ride? I'm going to find the buckwheat crispies recipe and post that for you too!

Rachel, no, it's not like real bread, more like crackers or Wasa bread if you know what that is. It's supposed to be crunchy. You could use it with dip or spread something delicious on it! Right now I just hope it turns out or comes close to turning out! I'll see if I can find a picture of it somewhere. Also, I didn't increase on any of the weights. I did better this week on using same weights I used originally unlike last week when I had to drop on a couple. It's different lifting at this pace again.

Off to the laundry room!

CENDRINE!!!! I just read your success story! Your story was GREAT!!! Did you get $100??? You are such an inspiration!!!!

Jo, if you hadn't told me my story got posted, I wouldn't have known... I got the initial coupon code for 15% off once I sent in the story but didn't hear back after that. I think you only get 100.- if your story shows up in the Spot where they announce any new stuff... Looks like mine went straight to the stories part. Well, I tried, I'm glad you liked it!

Your onion bread sounds fantastic, I will have to try that soon! I will make a flax seed cracker that has peppers and carrots in it first. It sounded really yummy and I think the kids will like it, but I know they will love the onion bread too!

Cendrine, it's been 10 hours and my onion bread still has a long ways to go. The person that gave me this must have used a higher temperature. I contacted a GF that has a dehydrator and she said for her it's about 18 - 20 hours at the temp I have it at. I also still think mine might be just a tad too thick so who knows...maybe it's 24 hours! :eek: Anyway, I'll let you know the final results whenever it gets finished...it is making progress though!

Oh the flax seed cracker sounds enticing!! We'll just have to share our experiements!

Good Morning All!

Today was 30/30. I did okay...for some reason I didn't sleep well last night; was awake from about 4-6 so didn't quite have the energy I normally have. I did get through it but substituted jumps for tuck jumps and jumping jack/plyo jack combo for air jacks.

The onion bread is still going...I may have to rename it energizer bunny onion bread! LOL!

I'll check with everyone later - off to the shower!

Hi lades,

Just doing a lunch hour checkin. The weather here in Michigan has been nasty most of the weekend. The schools were closed on Friday because of snow, and then this morning we had another 3" of snow drop unexpectedly. Driving into work this morning was challenging because the roads hadn't been totally cleared. My car is not the best on snowy/icy roads, so I was pretty tense by the time I got into work.

I'm week 2 into the rotation, and I'm really enjoying it. Love to feel the muscle ache the next day. I'm trying to tell the ladies in the office that the muscle talking the next day is a good thing, but they really aren't buying it!!! Cendrine, I do continue to workout at home even though we workout at the office. At work we are doing the Cathe beginner tapes, and some of her more mild workouts, so personally I don't feel very challenged. I try to add leg & hand weights, but the intensity is not there for me, but I don't want the ladies to feel overwhelmed with a too difficult workout either. I did Step Moves on Saturday and had a really hard time getting that one down, and that's after previewing the whole dvd! That triple step move just didn't seem to work well with my feet. I ended up putting the dvd on slo mo and kept doing it over and over until I was comfortable with it. I did the workout again on Sunday (yes my rest day) just to see if I had it down, and I got through the whole thing without any problems
icon14.gif
. It's a fun tape, with fun music and I can't wait to do it again. I never really like doing a workout the 1st time knowing that I'm going to have to stop, pause & repeat over and over until I have it down. I'm impatient at best!!!

Sorry to be talking all about me! I will check back soon to say Hi to each of you. You all have such interesting stories and hope I can throw in a few myself. Stay warm and enjoy the Day!!!

Mary

Oh my gosh It is an Onion Bread Saga around here...I was on the edge of my seat at every post of yours, Jo, just to see if it made it or not. I do not know if I am patient enough for a dehydrator!:p I get nervous when a recipe goes 30 mins. over its time to be done so I would be freaking out if it was going over hrs! So any updates!???

Nothing to report here. I got through disc 4 but those pushups are so tough. I can get a lot on my toes but then I just reach a sticking point where if I am on my toes and I go down I just can not will myself back up. I wonder if that is a mind thing? Oh well who knows. I need a spotter with a lasso tied around my waist at times like that to give me a little tug! I would be nice to get all the push ups one day:rolleyes:

Cendrine-I have no clue where they post those stories...So where do I look for it? When are you getting your dehydrator and have you figured out the first thing you want to make in it?

Jo-Well DH went out and bought a wii today...He had to go all over town and he finally found one at walmart...:rolleyes:I think all that talking about yours made him want one. We did not get the wii fit yet but I am sure that will come next.

Kim-You must be busy but I am trying to will you some nicer weather...The cold snap finally broke here and we are in the 50's with sun today. The lows are still kind of low but it is much more bearable than last week. Did you do anything fun on Sunday?

Mary-That weather sounds treacherous! I hope you are careful.
I think it is great that you are trying to stay upbeat for your coworkers even though the work outs are not that tough for you! That is very endearing. I am enjoying this rotation too. It is already seeming like it flying by though!

Ok ladies...I am off to relive my youth:D We bought Mario for the wii so I get to see if it is how I remembered it!

Have a great day!

Rachel

Rachel, ds got Mario for the Wii as well! LOL! Let me know how you like it. I have one thing against it and that is that it has the same music on every level. When you are in the background doing your stuff and you keep hearing that same music over and over, well, it gets a bit tiring....:rolleyes:

I think my dehydrator should be here today or tomorrow and I will try the flax veggie crackers first. Should be fun!

I walked on the tm today, adding intervals through upping the incline and got some good calorie burn without the impact. Last night I got this spasm in my shoulderblade area and I'm not even lifting weights.... Go figure! I have no idea where it came from and I am hoping to get rid of it soon!

The stories you can find if you click on the blog page then there are tabs on top, one of them says success stories, and that's where they all are.

Jo, I hope your bread is done so you can try it! I'll remember that for when I make it to spread it thin and chop it tiny....LOL!

Sorry about the snow, Mary. I'm glad you made it to work ok.

Kim, our second week has started. How are you doing? My plan to have a salad before dinner every day has been a success. I have enough leftover to make a good light lunch the next day, so I have been eating very well without much effort. I hope it's pretty easy for you too! (I have also been good about those homemade chocolates, not touching them during the week, just treats on the weekend in moderation)

Congrats on having your success story posted Cendrine!! It looks great!
icon14.gif

I just finished 30/30 and STS yoga abs along with DH.

Jo, like you I had trouble sleeping last night! I only had 3 hours sleep that rarely happens to me! I read almost an entire book. I've been meaning to ask you if you read Sue Grafton's books? I read U is for Undertow this weekend. Love her books!!

Rachael We actually have warmed up here quite a bit! Tomorrow it's going to be around 30F:D but with a nasty cold wind. The weather around the world has been quite something, it's been interesting watching the news. Snow in Florida, ENgland,etc:confused: It's too warm in western Canada and the had to close some of the ski slopes where the Olympics are supposed to be in a few weeks. Very strange weather.
We actually didn't do much yesterday we talked about going skating or skiing but didn't get going. SHould have as we were bored by the evening when it was too dark to go on the river.

Cendrine I've done well over the weekend especially not buying popcorn at the movie as I love movie popcorn. But last night I was snacking alot in the evening. Healthy stuff but too much, I think I was overhungry from doing 2 workouts and then limiting my food intake and then I overate:eek:
The salad idea seems to work well for you. I find if I take an apple or almonds to eat on the way home from work it keeps me from eating while I'm preparing supper.

Well...the onion bread isn't done! Still going... Okay I did talk to a friends mother and she said the recipe is for 30 hours not 9 (she said whoever gave me that made a mistake or used teeny tiny onions!)! Also my onions were extremely huge and almost unusally juicy so that's making it take longer. Good news though...I tasted around the edges where it's getting done and it tastes AWESOME!!!! Of course the guys are now wondering if I'm crazy and is all this time waiting worth it! Truth is, they want to start dehydrating fruit - there's already talk of them trying to get my dehydrator away from me! :p:eek::cool::D:eek:;) The challenge with the dehydrator is times will really vary depending on the water/juice content of the fruit or items being dehydrated. Also, my friends mother said my mixture was not too thick on the sheet. And you guys - keep in mind I'll get better at this! LOL! :eek:

Hello Mary! You're going to be in the best shape ever with all that working out!

Rachel, I LOVE that DH got a WII! In fact we just gone done bowling (yes, it's true...I'm the best in the house!). I hope you like it as much as I do! We have bowling and tennis tournaments at work! The tennis is really fun!

Cendrine, oh I hope you're not having more problems now that you're just getting started working out again! I'm sending you positive, healing vibes!

Kim, yes, I've read alot of the Sue Grafton books but have not read one in a while. I think the last one I read was R. Thanks for reminding me though...that's a good series to pick up! I have so many books to read! Hopefully we'll both sleep better tonight!

DH is coming down with a cold so I've got him on Zicam and made him a kale/pepper juice! So if he'll just follow my directions he may not be sick for long! The problem is he won't take stuff unless I'm telling him to do it.

Disc 5 tomorrow! Talk to you all later!

Last edited:
Oh Rachel...DH bought a Sean White snow boarding game that he really likes. You need the WII Fit board for it.

Good Morning Everyone!

Disc 5 done today! I feel so much more in the groove this week compared to last week! It was a GREAT workout! Not much else going on so I'll check back with all you later!

Onion bread is alllmmooossstttt done! :D

Well I guess it is good afternoon ladies!
I got busy after the workout this morning so I just now got a chance to post.
It was 30/30 and pilates abs.I am loving this rotation but I am hungry a lot this week. I am not sure if it because I am at home all day or TTOTM or burning more calories. Who knows. I am trying to not snack but it is hard. We have a ton of Christmas chocolate laying around that we did not even have time to look at during the holidays and now it is just staring at me all the time. It is the really good stuff too. DH's family sends some every year from Norway and I can not toss it out. For one , he wants it and for 2 they go through all the trouble of sending it. It will be gone eventually...esp. if we are off work for very long.:eek:

Anyhow back to 30/30. These work outs are hard but they are over pretty quickly. It's funny I just tell myself ..."there can not be too much more" and that gets me through to the next one and before I knew it this morning...it was over. Not too bad. I like adding this new kind of work out to my regime. I have not ever done Hiit like this so I think my body is like it too.

Tonight I am making the turkey pot pie out of the clean eating mag except I have to tweak some things because I do not have some of the ing. For one I am using chicken instead of turkey because I am totally turkey'd out:p. I for got to tell yall that I do not think I like smoked turkey anymore. I used to love it but I think since I have changed my eating , I can not handle how salty it is. At least the one that I got any way. So I am trying to finish all the soups that I made with it but they are not that appealing to me. I will just forge on though!:D

Cendrine-I read your success story and you and I are so similar. From our ages to being married 11 yrs to our fitness life too. Fitness was never my families thing either. My brother was the only one encouraged to do anything...of course TX is a big football state! That left my sisters and I as kind of lazy lumps. I hated PE too and never even ran a mile until well into my 20's. I started exercising to stave off some of the weight gain when I quit smoking and eventually it has replaced all of my bad habits. I am so glad that your kids get to be raised with the fun and adventure of an active life style. How different that is going to be for them than for us.
Sorry about the spasm, I have stuff happen like that to me and sometimes I wake up and have a tweak and wonder what could I have done in my sleep!:D

Kim-The weather is so strange this yr. I guess it has been that way for a while. I live in an area that I would not consider to be the brightest stars in the sky if you know what I mean...And since it has been so cold, they say...What Global Warming? I know...:rolleyes:

Jo-I love the tennis too. I think when I get it down I will be pretty darn good myself! :D I like the more interactive games where you get to stand up and move. I am not one for setting all day on the couch and just pushing some buttons. I am sure it will not be long before we get the wii fit. I am like you though. I do not think I will really use it as a fitness tool ...just some extracurricular fun.
I am sure you will be better at dehydrating before you know it. You do not seem like the type to give up.

Ok I am off to maybe do some yard work if it is warm enough. Have a great day!

Rachel

Hi Girls,

I started out my day with a good interval incline walk on the tradmill, then I packed up the kis and we went on a fieldtrip to a farm where they got to pet baby chicks and see piglets and all sorts of animals. They loved every minute of it and they even enjoyed walking through the garden looking at all the produce growing, seeing it in the ground was fun for them, since they usually only see it in the store.

There is a Raw Food restaurant literally around the corner from the farm and I took the kids there for our lunch treat, dh joined us as well. It was so delish. I had a 'living lasagne', dh and dd had a raw pizza, which I think they should rename because it is reall y nothing like a pizza, though it was very delicious, and ds had a fruit rollup, which he shared with dd. Of course we had to try their desserts, all of them raw, including a super yummy lemon pomegranate bar, which I am going to try to recreate at home. It was so much fun, expensive, but lots of fun. The most fun part was that the kids actually enjoyed it too! LOL!

Jo, I'm sure I'll have a learning curve with the dehydrator as well! I'll be sure to cut those onions in the cuisinart slicer to make them super thin! 30 hr sounds like a lot! But hey, if it's yummy I'm all for trying it! You can bet I'll be in the kitchen this afternoon if the dehydrator comes in the mail today!

Rachel, it sure is interesting how similar a story you and I share! We are living proof that lifestyle changes can be made even if you were not raised with them!

Kim, I'm glad it's warming up where you are, even if just a little! You know, I can actually tell I feel like I lost some weight even just from this last week eating clean and within appropriate portions! Very motivating! Can you tell the 2lb weightloss on you too?

Good Morning!

Disc 5 for me today and I had to throw in the extended stretch and it felt so good. I think all this not working is stiffening me up or something. Although yesterday I did spend a long time in the yard raking, I guess it is still not the same as a 9 hr day of work. I need to get a project started so if we are off a while then I will have a goal each day.

I made that "chicken pot pie" out of the clean eating mag. and it turned out very good. Today when I though about it though, I think I add too much rice to the top. :eek:oops. Oh well. I think nest time I will add some different seasoning though. I thought this was really good because I can freeze it and it will give me a good alternative to soups.

Cendrine-I wish we had interesting restaurants like that around here. I do not think there is a chance in the next 30 yrs that we will have a raw food restaurant in the area that I live in! I do not even think a vegan restaurant would do good here. Texans like there food fried and with meat...lol
It sounds like such a fun field trip. It is great that your kids are interested in things like that at such an early age. Hopefully this keeps there interests peaked!

Jo and Kim I hope yall are having a great day!

Rachel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.