4DS After STS

wake up eager

Cathlete
Had to share - did day 1 of 4DS yesterday - have not pulled it out since way before STS. I was amazed at how strong I was and how much i enjoyed it. I use to do 15 lb rows, now, after STS 30 lb rows.

It seems that STS promotes the physical strength expansion - but it is also a mental expansion. I now know that I can lift stronger and was not fully aware of that before. Also, my overall stamina is so much stronger as a result of STS.

Cool - very cool.

One other thought - near the end of STS I was kind of getting bored. (I can be restless that way.) So I pulled out the book of exercises and did the exercises for Meso 3 while watching a DVD t.v. series that I would never take time to sit down and watch

(it's too frivolous to take my time on it - but it was a treat to watch it guilt-free while working out - the show: Entourage - I know, childish, but I love seeing what they'll do next.)

Any way - for me, getting away from the DVDs for a bit refreshed me and kept me interested and got me throught the workouts.

My husband said recently - "You look strong." I really want that athletic look and feel, so coming from him (a natural athlete) I loved hearing that!

STS works.
And so does mixing up, not only the workouts, but how you do them.
Thank you to Cathe and this forum for providing the fun and support.

I agree completely -- especially on the mental expansion. I'm in week three of meso 3 and I cannot wait to do my old favorites and see how they feel.

Thank you, Cathe!

-Beth

HIS will I ever get it???

I'm still in the first week of Meso 3 and I had orginally planned on doing all using the 6 month plan but I think that I will do Meso through just once. I really like it but as a new person to Cathe's workouts I have bought a bunch with the discount and would like to try them out!

I have been planning to do the 4DS rotation after STS so I have been doing the cardio. I love love the kickboxing and the bootcamp but I am having a heck of a time with HIS. I tried it this morning and ended up repeating the same moves over and over as I just could not get it. Especially when my back is to the TV. Maybe tonight I'll sit with it and use the remote to slow it down and try it without the expectation of getting a workout.
Am I a total clutz or is this on really hard. I guess it will never get boring.
Heather

Don't feel bad about not getting HIS, I can't either. I have been able to do the LIS on the 4DS. I myself am very challenged when it come to step. I may pull this out when I am done with STS.

I am on my last week and have yet to have time to do any of the workouts. I guess I will cram it all in between now and Saturday. Have seen great improvements in upper body. My lower is a whole other story. Anxious to see my gains as well when I do other workouts.

Christie

I'm still in the first week of Meso 3 and I had orginally planned on doing all using the 6 month plan but I think that I will do Meso through just once. I really like it but as a new person to Cathe's workouts I have bought a bunch with the discount and would like to try them out!

I have been planning to do the 4DS rotation after STS so I have been doing the cardio. I love love the kickboxing and the bootcamp but I am having a heck of a time with HIS. I tried it this morning and ended up repeating the same moves over and over as I just could not get it. Especially when my back is to the TV. Maybe tonight I'll sit with it and use the remote to slow it down and try it without the expectation of getting a workout.
Heather

I going to do 4DS after STS too! I bought it last summer. It took me awhile to get HIS. I did it about 3-4 days in a row; each day I just did 1 step routine/1 blast over & over 3-5 times. After about a week, I was able to do the entire routine, but still had trouble on the hitch kick thing. A few weeks later, I was doing it & finally didn't miss a step at all. I still have days where I miss a step, but for the most part I can do it without problem. It definitely becomes easier the more you do it. It's a lot of fun once you do get it--it's my favorite step DVD to pull out. :)

I love the 4DS set. I've been using the cardio premixes with STS. My least favorite is HIS because I am a total klutz. And her choreography is tough. Fun but tough. I find myself using my baby step with that one because I'm afraid I'll trip or fall off my higher ones. :eek:

I'll probably add the weighted portions back in now that I'm done with STS. I want a few weeks (plus I will be on vacation soon) of variety first.

Heather
Heather, with HIS - especially the 3rd section - I find it easier to do if I just listen to Cathe without looking at the TV. But once you learn it, its great! Hope that helps. Krasy

Thanks for the suggestions

I know what you mean about just listening to Cathe... when you know what move she is talking about then it really helps.

I'll give it another try this weekend after I just watch it!

Thanks
Heather

"One other thought - near the end of STS I was kind of getting bored. (I can be restless that way.) So I pulled out the book of exercises and did the exercises for Meso 3 while watching a DVD t.v. series that I would never take time to sit down and watch"

I did the exact same thing with the last week of meso 3. I followed the book and did all of the exercies while watching a movie on DVD. I used a timer to alert me to the rest periods

Another one who struggles with HIS! I'm getting ready to try it again one of these days -- I will try just listening -- thanks for the tip!

-Beth

that is really a great idea, to do the workouts while watching tv. did you time your rests? i really want ed to do meso 3 again, but i'm gonna go ahead and do the whole thing again and then at the end of this rotation, i think i'll do meso 3 by itself.
and, i'm gonna do 4-day split rotation til i start STS again on june 15.
cathy

i'm glad you guys are saying that (about not totally following the dvds). once i got to meso 3 (a little on meso 2 as well) there were things i HAD TO go to the gym for because i just didn't have heavy enough weights (and buying all i needed would have been way too expensive). so, i printed out my workout cards and did them at the gym (i made sure to watch so i knew what cathe was doing as far as rest breaks, etc.). the only one i had to do at home was plyo legs and i enjoyed that.

i am just about to start meso 2 again (just to change things up) and will most likely be doing it all at the gym. i did my 1RM tests again and all my weights went up significantly and i just don't have the weights at home. i sure am glad i have my gym membership!

What a great idea! I can't believe it, but I forgot about 4DS! (Kind of weird since that was my main workout pre-STS.) I will pull it out later this week when my post-STS rest week if over.

Stebby

I am planning on doing 4DS after the rest week, too :)!

HIS took me forever to learn - with a lot of frustration along the way! I tried just listening but being left/right challenged :eek:, I finally had to watch it in slo mo over and over, stepping along with it. I still had a really hard time and didn't have it down for months then all the sudden one day it just clicked. Good luck with it, though - I know how tough it is to try so hard and still not get it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.