40's - spring in their step

fitover40

Cathlete
Wow, either everyone must enjoying spring, working, or I scared you away with my depressing last post. Rested Sat, my lower back (esp on right) hurt this morning since I've been staying away from sleeping on left (but my neck/arm felt ok), so did YR, got a bit of a "catch" in my neck now. Keeping short since staying off computer, have braces on my wrists to help with the carpal tunnel.

Good Evening,

Dh and I spent the day at the lake on the boat and I forgot sunscreen on my face and it is nice and red. I went for a walk tonite and did 170 squats this morning.

Lisa-yoy didn't scare me off we were borrowing internet from the neighbor but he got a new modem and secured his line so I have to post by phone and it sucks we should have internet tomarrow.

Hi all

Lisa - I didn't even see the post, so don't worry! Hope the CT starts to get better.

Roxie - sounds like a nice day sunning yourself on the boat!!

Had a fantastic weekend. The course was really interesting and stimulating. I've come back with a list of films to investigate and I learnt loads. It's just so good to get away and do something completely different to everyday life. I've got renewed enthusiasm for everything.

Did Hiit Pyramid this morning. Got to do a short one as I'm off to the dentist this pm. Just a checkup I hope! Felt good and worked and not sick like with CRF the other day.

Hello!!! I'm back and I'm done with classes! Happy day! My legs are tired! Today did Squeeze, again too lazy for my shoes. Lisa, how are you feeling? Will you hear from the doctor today? Roxie, a day on a boat sounds like heaven! It is supposed to get nice here starting tomrrow, looking forward to it. Ronne, sounds like a nice weekend. You are out there expanding your mind! I need to do that...but not this week. I did HIIT 30/30 last night after work, forgot how quick it was. Jody, will you get a short break before summer school starts? Hi Murphy! Have to run out to the college to turn in my paper work, then I will be done! Have a good day! Mary

sorry no personals, must limit typing.

Got the EMG results, says I only have carpal tunnel in both hands. c4/c5/c6/c7 all normal. Neurosurgeon PA checking with real neurosurgeon as what to do thinks still need to do epidurals Wed. They will call today or tomorrow. So I guess this is all in my head. I KNOW what CT feels like (i've had it offf and on in right hand for years). I wore splints all weekend and limited computer and usage of hands, and last night my left tricep down to my pinky hurt like hell.

the last comment says:

bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. Please note that this does not completely exclude cervical radiculopathy although no denervation or myopathy was identifed on today's exam.

It's a beautiful day here today, taking off, borrowing my son's dog and going for a long walk to clear the head and get some emotional uplifting.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon,

I went for a 2 mile walk this morning since it is so nice out and then I laid in the sun but this time I remembered sunscreen and a hat so my face wouldn't get any redder. We finally have our own internet so I don't have to us my phone. I also did 185 squats and later I will do KCMs Bootcamp 2. Its suppose to be nice tomarrow and then crappy the rest of the week.

Lisa-must be frustrating when all the answers are confusing.

Ronne-I did KCMs Circuit Burn 1 on Saturday and normally I don't do this one because I always thought it was confusing but I actually enjoyed it more then 2 I think you would like this one.

Mary-it was very relaxing being on the boat yesterday.

What we saw on the walk. I'm thinking about working only 1/2 days (will talk to boss tomorrow if DH oks it). That way I limit more computer time and I can enjoy the afternoon spring weather. It really helps boost my mood.

Roxie, glad you remembered the sunscreen. I may do more phone posts to limit my typing (I can dictate to my phone).

I need to get my pain back up in left side of neck for procedure on Wed. Maybe the runnign will help it come back since I quit doing anything that would aggravate it over the weekend. The tricep pain to little pinky still a mystery, nerve could be pinched many places. Docs are trying to help me but don't want to do too much at once otherwise they won't know what worked. I need to just take it one step at a time and be patient (not easy for me). Go later today to get fitted for cock up splints for the carpal tunnel to wear to bed. I KNOW the left arm numbness is not all from CT, but i have to do what they say since they are patiently trying to help me. :)

Attachments

• 20130429_123253.jpg
    20130429_123253.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi all

Lisa - that photo looks like it could have been taken round here! Hopefully, as the weather gets better you'll at least be able to do bit more walking.

Roxie - I've got CB, I really like it. It's one I fall back on a lot.

Mary - you did a workout after 2 12 hour shifts? I take my hat off to you!

Hello to Murphy and Jody if you're lurking!

Today I did PS CST and went heavier. Then I added on the abs from TB as it felt too short. What is wrong with me?!! :p

Getting away at the weekend has also given me new focus at work. I'm trying to be more disciplined. Wish me luck!

Good morning! I'm procrastinating! I have dusted and swept, so not totally lazy! I just have to make myself put on my shoes! Ronne, I need some of your discipline! I only did the workout because I knew I don't have to go to work again until August! I feel guilty taking 2 days in a row off. Lisa, how are you? When I had my 1st hip surgery, I had an MRI done, totally normal, that doctor told me he couldn't help me and at least you don't have cancer! (What? That had never entered my mind! Thanks, buddy!) A friend told me about another doctor, went to him, had another MRI (stronger magnets) that came back normal, he was stumped! Anyway, he called me back a few months later, we did another one with dye, even that was normal. He said he believed something was wrong he wanted to do the surgery. I had 2 large tears and something wrong with the head of the femur. So, long story short, the tests can come back within normal limits (which in and of itself is scary!) and something can be wrong. I was luck I had a doctor who listened to me and it sounds like you do to! I'm sure they will work with you and fix you! Just wanted you to know you are not crazy! Jody, Murphy what are you up to? Roxie, thanks for the nice weather! I have the windows open and the breeze feels amazing! Well. better go put my shoes on and get busy! Have a good day! Mary

Mary, thank you so much for your story. It helps me know that I am NOT crazy!

I did HR upper body yesterday last night and left neck felt it immediately. Not sure if it's in the shoulder, in the neck, or nerve somewhere else pinched. But I'm doing my part getting myself in pain so I can try out there next theory. Had to ice my neck in the middle of the night, again this is the left neck. So far three problems have been identified 1. Facets in the back of neck will need a nerve burned if we don't have to do surgery for something else. 2. Carpal tunnel in both hands 3. Left neck/ shoulder issues cause still to be determined. Do you notice I keep doing all the same workout? I have a narrow down to a few for testing purposes on the body. Lol

phone posting very difficult! Hello to all you wonderful 40 friends!

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Its really windy here today suppose to go from 80 degrees today to 40 degrees and snow the next couple of days I just don't understand what is going on with the weather. I did KCMs Stepboxing 1 and I pinched something in my neck felt it immediately but I didn't stop and then I did 190 squats and a 2 mile walk in the wind. My upper back right side between the shoulders is now bothering me must be the way I am sleeping.

Lisa-good luck with everything.

Mary-you are welcome unfortunatley its not going to last.

Ronne-I always used the second workout as my fall back now its going to be the first one.

MAry, the way my neurosurgeon addressed the radiologist report being normal for the levels we are injecting for is that the radiologist is in a dark room, doesn't know you, isn't hearing where your pain is, doesn't have hands on to you. Tests only go so far, but doesn't replace the clinical hands on of the dr.

Roxie, be careful! I hope you didn't injure anything. Not stopping after feeling pinch sounds like something I would do and look where that got me!

Hi all. I had a stomach bug or mild food poisoning or something. It felt like stomach cramps and heartburn with bloating. It was uncomfortable. I had to sit upright. Interesting part is that I did not vomit or have diarrhea. (I hope no one is eating or drinking while reading this - sorry.) I feel better now, it has been three days. It came out of no where. Anyway, I hope to be back on the exercise train tomorrow. Take care and waves to all.

Murphy

Started lic , got thru 1st combo, the arms hurt left nech/shoulder and weak left arm too much so switch to 4ds lis

Murph, feel better soon. Lisa, stop flapping your arms around. It hurts your neck. Roxie, weird weather swing you have going on. I went to beach Sun, rain today. Ronne, sounds like you had super nice weekend full of recharging goodness. Voot. Mary, did you get that workout in? I bet you did. I was premature to call myself rotation girl but I am loving the xtrain (April's rotation) and mostly keeping up with it. I keep doing assisted pistols, too, hard.
Anyone watch American Ninja Warrior? DD's tkd coach is having a go at it. He's an amazing athlete and adorable young man, I hope he does well. My diet sucks, I need the salads from the BB food bags and cooked veggies. Having a white wine blend w/ moscato. Blechy blechy.

Roxie, rain and beach not unusual for FL but I got a little burn on Sun and completely drenched walking to car yesterday.
Lisa, I said that b/c you've used LIC to induce pain prior to seeing doc so it seems like one you should avoid.

Last edited:
Hello!

Jody - sounds like you're enjoying the Xtrain. What are your favourites so far? I'd take a day at the beach even if it rained the next day ...

Murphy - glad you're on the mend. Sounds nasty.

Lisa - so are you working up the pain for another doctor visit?

Roxie - listen to Lisa!! One crock is enough round here (just kidding, Lisa!! :p)

Mary - sometimes it's a lot of work to get doctors to listen to you, isn't it? You just know something's wrong but it's not always easy to get what you need. By the way, you are allowed to take 2 days off! The God of Exercise will not strike you down! :)

Did AB today. Wow, it was tough. A real sweatfest. Another lovely day here, not that warm, but the sun is shining and the flowers are out. I've hung my washing out, hurrah! Always feel happier when I can do that. Got work under control again so feeling happier and more relaxed.

Good morning! Did TTM, no core. That one is a toughie for me. Lisa, do you get a block today? When do the kids move back? Soon? Jody, I love moscato! I found a fizzy one made by Cupcake, just so refreshing! Ronne, nice weather here too! I hope it stays! It's the little things that bring us joy! Roxie, how's your neck today? Murphy, that sounds awful! Hope you are on the mend! DH just bought a new lawn mower, he's soooooo excited! I have to go out there and oooo and awww over it! Have a good day, Mary

Hi ladies! computer post so I can type better! I do not like the wrist splints at night, I can't get my hands under the covers (they keep getting caught), once everything is figured out I will be getting the surgery for carpal tunnel! I did AOLI this morning.

Ronne, yes, today is another injection to see if the left neck/shoulder is being caused by pinched nerve in neck. Sometimes I think it's gonna work (this is always how I feel when my neck goes out (not as bad obviously), but then part of me thinks, hmmm, maybe it is in the shoulder. I just want them to figure it out no matter what the outcome so I can quit testing for them. I worry this one will be harder to figure out if it worked (though I had same worry with last one). sigh

Murphy, glad you are on the mend.

Roxie, I need to listen to the advice I give :)

Jody, arms flapping, lol, it is a bit like that, I shall now think of all those lateral arm movements as a bird flapping about. Amazed you've remembered that is the one that really gets the left neck hurting

Mary, May is here! When do you go to your new dr? I mowed lawn yesterday and we are going to get 6 inches of snow today. 70 one day, 40 the next :)

So yesterday a lot of contractors were let go, amazingly I wasn't and thankfully I am so wrapped up in my neck issues that I was oblivious to it all until it happened.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.