40's in the Fall!

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend! We went apple picking, my girlfriend makes me go every year. I ask her why we just can't go to the grocery store? Just did MM. Ronne, how was your weekend? You had something fun going on, right? Lisa, saw your pics from your girl's night out, looks like you had a lot of fun! Murphy, how are you? Better? Is your workout room together? Well, I am going to jump in the shower, I am going shopping to spend some gift cards I got for my birthday! Hope I find some fun stuff! Have a good day! Mary

Hiya girls! I had a tough time getting back to working out after feeling sick. Sat, I tried starting CCC (crazy I know), stopped after 10 min, went to BM2 cardio premix(stopped again when it went to repeat next segment ---I'm not a fan of repeating what I just did). I figured, good enough, then Sunday I buckled down and did Imax2. Monday I did 4ds shoulders and then TF Fire 30. So I'm getting back into it.

Dancing, got the DVDs/CDs, DH and I got through the waltz (the others in order of learning are Tango, Foxtrot, Rhumba, Cha-Cha, Swing). We did well until it got to just putting on music and dancing...he didn't know what to do without the guy telling him! And his counting of music is awful (I'm trying to be patient, and lord knows I mess up enough too). The good thing is we are having so much fun....DH is such a crack up (sometimes too much so) and we are laughing a lot.

Mary, I limited who could see the girls night out pics.....they looked a bit like we were really cracking up. I added you though to see them, figured you would understand if there was an empty wine bottle at the end, ya know? Apple picking? I bet it's more fun going with your GF than the grocery, right? You will have to tell what you get with your gift cards....ooooh what fun!

I'm debating about what kind of cell phone to upgrade to (have AT&T and have to stay with them). I want a full keyboard so I can text easier --- not that I do much of that but I may do more if it was easier---not sure I want to go so fancy as to get one that requires a data plan (for web surfing/emails/FB etc), but seems most are going that way that have decent keyboards (can't handle those itty bitty buttons), sigh, don't know what to pick especially because I don't really use it that much. Any suggestions anyone?

Back to work....so far not too bad a day, thank goodness!

Hi ladies

Had a great weekend, thanks! DH and I went out on Sat night for his birthday. We didn't come home till nearly 2am! I haven't stayed out that late in years. We ended up in a reggae bar, drinking and dancing, what a blast! :D I felt surprisingly chipper on Sunday so we all went out to a nearby stately home with fantastic gardens. The weather was beautiful, a perfect autumn day so it was a lovely day out.

Needless to say I didn't work out but I did do Powersculpting yesterday and Hiit Pyramid and a segment of Stretch Max today. I've got DOMS from Powersculpting, it's tough!

Yikes, got to go. Just got a call from school, there's no after-school club so I've got to go and pick up DD. Apologies for the lack of personals!!!! :confused:

Good morning! Just finished MMA Boxing, fun! Lisa, I am with verizon, I have the Envy, it has Internet, however, I can't see the screen! And my fingers are too big! How romantic of the two of you dancing! I had fun shopping, ( all by myself! I love that!). Went to Victoria's Secret, J Crew, Gap and the bookstore! Just mainly some fall tops, needed to update a few things! Found some good sales, didn't even look for the kids! Hi to everyone else! Have a good day, have to shower and visit a friend. Talk to you later! Mary

Hey everyone, today was 4ds Bi/Tri and TF 25 HIIT....I'm feeling jazzed today now...ran up the stairs (4 flights) at work, came up huffing and puffing....people don't understand, I think they think since I workout I shouldn't get winded, but I do. So now sitting at my desk, it's raining and I have no work to do....so far. I wanna go exercise some more! :)

Ronne, what a splendid weekend! Isn't it fun to do something different than normal (even a different schedule), the thing is it takes me forever to recover....but oh so much fun!

Mary, I worry about the same thing with not seeing the screen and big fingers.....wondering if I'm spending that much money if I should just go with iPhone since I understand that (because of my iTouch). I hate learning new phones! DS18 upgraded to iPhone4 (he paid) so I'm thinking to just change to his older iPhone IF they don't reset my upgrade date(in case it dies). I'm so phone illiterate! What fun shopping, and with FREE money .... LOL Have a nice visit with your friend.

Murphy, how's things for you? house? cold? kids?

Well....off to pretend to work....it's feast or famine here, have you noticed?

Hey, a couple more things to divulge to you guys. First of all, I turned 46 and I swear my eyes went kapoot. I have to wear glasses now to read or computer work else I'll get a headache. The other thing.....I haven't had a cycle in 3 months or so ---- I actually was thinking of this because I need to make an appt for a checkup and I remembered that they would ask that question. I have no answer! I FEEL all the PMS stuff, but nothing....now I know I had that procedure done to limit the bleeding, but I used to always have a day of something, and now nothing.....I'm feeling old.....

Lisa, how funny! Today I made my appointment for my annual and they asked me the same question and I had to say oh, 3 or 4 months! Don't feel old, I am loving not having one! Just think of all the freedom it gives you and the money it saves. Now that we talked about it, watch it come! Ronne, saw we posted at the same time this morning, so glad you had fun! And no hangover! Yeah!! Talk to you tomorrow. Mart

Hi everyone

Lisa - the dancing sounds like loads of fun. It's great to have a go at something different even if you're not that good, isn't it?!
Well, at least while work is quiet it gives you loads of energy for your workouts. You're banging them out again!
I am the last person in the world you should ask about phones. I have the plainest, most basic phone you can get. I'm on PAYG and I only put about £10 a year on it!

Mary - sounds like you had a good shop. It's nice to be able to go out and just buy some stuff for yourself.

Well, I haven't got my workout in yet today. Had a new carpet put down in DD's room so I'm doing it later. I'll be doing Muscle Definition and maybe some abs on the end if I have time.

See you all tomorrow.

Good morning everyone, today I did 4DS Legs and Calves and then TF 10 min abs. My lower body feels appropriately worked!

Mary, funny you are experiencing same things as me. Yesterday I did see a little bit of evidence that it was my cycle....if I blinked I would have missed it :) Works for me :)

Ronne, yep, I'm doing good workouts again and feeling pretty good (just wish my body looked as good as my effort! :)

Have a good day all !

Hi all! Did L&G this morning, forgot all about the explosive lunges! Surprise! I ordered CTX, finally, the price was too good to pass by. Ronne, is your DD excited about the new carpet? Is Muscle Definition KCM? Lisa, any more dance lessons? Not much else here, wash, vacuuming...etc! Have a good day! Mary

I couldn't resist.....forgeting about explosive lunges is like forgetting how painful childbirth is when you have subsequent children :)

Hi girls

Quick flyby again from me. Did a Kick Max premix today, with the leg drills. Haven't done those in ages and they hurt! Suspect I may have DOMS tomorrow.

Lisa - got any DOMS from yesterday?

Mary - let us know what you think of CTX. I only got it recently as well.

Bye for now (told you it was quick :p)

Well, I'll make my post quick as well :) Now that I've said that let's see how much I end up typing :) today I ran 5 miles....was up early so it was good to get it in. Just slight Leg DOMs from yesterday, I'll probably really be feeling it all tonight. I felt sooooooo awful yesterday.....soooooo bloated. I think it was all the sugar on the cruise that caused my hormones to be even more wacky than normal....yet another reason to swear off sugar :) Today feeling much better -- I swear my cycles are changing in the last few months....this bloating thing is worse than it's ever been for me....and then not to have hardly any cycle except hormonal feeling stuff is nice but I want to be rid of hormonal stuff too...somehow I don't think I'll get my wish. I will say I notice when I've eaten badly I feel worse during that time....sigh.

Well, on that note, I'll close.....gosh I feel I would like a nap or something....wish I could partake in that...will be interesting to see if gyno says anything interesting next week (probably not, probably just that everything is changing because of my age). zzzzzzzzzzz ooooh, did I just fall asleep ? :)

Hi girls! Today was intervals on the bike. We have a cross country dinner tonite, the last meet is Sat. Lisa, wow! 5 miles, that is impressive! Ronne, haven't done KM in a long time! Don't really like the drills, I avoid them! Have a good day! Mary

Hello

Today was KCM's Bootcamp Strength Premix. It was tough! I'm liking this 30 mins a day system. I did add on a nice long stretch after though. Really felt like I need it after yesterday.

Lisa - I know what you mean. I can't eat crap for too long because I just start to feel rubbish. My body just won't let me mistreat it anymore!! :p

Mary - hope your dinner was night. Is that your kid's cross country or you? If it's you, I'm very impressed. I couldn't run across the road ;)!

Got a quietish weekend ahead. DD's got a gymnastics competition on Sunday - o joy! Have a good one everyone!

Hi everyone, just a quick workout today --- 4DS HIS step portion only -- I like that one but felt a bit tired (it is Friday after all, I'm beat by Friday).

Ronne, quiet weekend --- aren't those nice! No formal plans here.

Mary, I don't like KM drills much either, they're hard. I know when I first started doing this w/o I would think, it was easy and I wouldn't be too tired/sore, uh, after a few times of thinking that, I've learned :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.