40's in Dec.!

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi girls! We made it back! We even made money! I hit a jackpot on the slots! Iwas so excited, my heart was pounding a mile a minute! That had never happened to me before. Did you all workout last week? We did walk miles and miles every day. Does that count? Today was MMA Fusion, forgot about all the up and down! Lisa, are you feeling better? Ronne, how is your leg? Murphy, how are those kids? Getting excited? Mine are off the walls! Well, I really need to focus, off to shop! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone, well, I'm still sick (or sick again). I skipped working out for Sat,Sun, and Mon figuring I needed rest to get well. I've been sleeping sitting up so I can breathe because I'm so congested I'm hoping I'm almost done with it, again.

Mary, so glad you won in Vegas! If we win we always seem to put the money back in during the trip--guess I've never won big enough to walk away :) It's easy to walk miles just to get to your hotel room from the front of the hotel, they are soooo big!

Can you believe Christmas is less than a week away? Not sure when we are celebrating because of my future DIL work schedule, I'll just be happy to be off work! Wish me a quiet pager duty since I got stuck with it somehow over the holidays!

Hi ladies

Mary - congratulations! perfect timing just before christmas as well. sounds like you had a great time. my leg is fully recovered, thanks!

Lisa - it really is horrible when you can't kick an illness - you have my sympathy. your vicarious workout today was push/pull. i wanted to get back to doing straight weights instead of in circuits and this was a nice way in.

really looking forward to christmas. snow fell really heavily over the weekend so the post is all over the place. i probably won't get presents i've ordered for people in time but there's nothing i can do about it. the whole country is snarled up - airports closed, the lot. we left a bottle of water in the car at the weekend and it turned to ice!

Good morning! Lisa, I am sorry to hear you still are feeling under the weather. This time of year being stuck inside really messes with our immune systems. Hope you feel better soon. Ronne, glad to hear you are feeling better! I was reading about the weather you have been having, not fun! Have to figure out my workout, something quick! DH took the money from me, I wanted to try it all again on the slots! I get caught up in the excitement of it all! So, now I am glad he took it and put it away, he is so good at knowing when to walk away! Have a good day! Mary

Hi all

So, Mary, did you find something quick? Sounds like a sensible man, your DH :).

Today I did Step Moves. I find steady state really tough after all the interval stuff. Burned a lot more calories than the Workout Manager reckons.

Went to see Megamind with DD and her friend. Mary, it was you who went to see it a while ago, wasn't it? I thought it was a bit slow to get going but then I really enjoyed it - oh, and the girls did too ;)!

Hi everyone, awful day here. No workout. Got paged at 1:30 am, I woke up from a Nyquil sleep and didn't know what was going on with the phone, couldn't figure out what that sound was (my phone plays 'I like it' when it rings which isn't much) :) I didn't get back to sleep for a while (felt awful too, so much head congestion), I could barely get out "hello" in a froggy voice. I slept in planning to work at home. I woke up with an awful headache and sooooo much urgent work. Glad I'm at home, really glad I'm off starting tomorrow (except for pager duty). I think my BP is up really high from the stress, told DH I didn't think I'd be able to be in this type of a stressful job too much longer, will try to hang in for a couple yrs. If only I felt physically better.....

Sorry for lack of personals, maybe tomorrow......

Hi all. I had two unplanned rest days. I am going to ask DH to give the kids their baths so I can get a quick work out in. Let's hope for the best.

Mary - congrats' on the winnings.

Ronne - glad to hear your leg is better.

Lisa - I hope you feel better soon.

In case I forget, happy holidays to everyone.

Murphy

Hi girls! Today will be the original BC, yesterday I did KB from 4DS. Lisa, sorry to hear you are still so miserable, you are really taking a beating. Ronne, MegaMind wasn't too bad, I didn't fall asleep as I have done in many of their movies! Cars comes to mind! How is the weather? Any better? Murphy, did you get that work out in? Today I need to start cooking and start wrapping! Have a good day! Mary

Hi ladies! Another rest day here. I just feel like my body needs some rest to kick this illness. I slept in, no work, aahhhhh, it's the little things. I don't feel so bad but my head feels so full of you know what.

Mary, I'm going to make some cookies too, told DS18 that we can make cookies together....he just looked at me as if to say, why would I want to do that, when he was little he liked making Pizelles. Both boys will be here today (the fiance is working) and we will just hang as a family. I miss that so much.

Ronne, You all really took a beating with the weather! How is it now?

Murphy, what workout did you do?

Have a good day everyone, I know I will.... NO WORK, NO WORK, NO WORK!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone

Lisa - you've really got it bad at the moment, haven't you? Sending you lots of healing vibes and I hope that Father Christmas brings you what you want :p!
I just saw that you posted - hope you have a lovely day with the family - you deserve it!

Murphy - did you manage to squeeze a workout in then?

Mary - Weather not much better here. We had a bit more snow today - it's not affecting us too much but I haven't received some christmas presents to hand over in time and I haven't been able to meet up with one friend to exchange presents. We're going to wait till January!

I did Supersets today - found it tougher than usual. I think my body is telling me to take a break!

Well, I cheated on Cathe and tried RevAbs. It is that Capoiera work out. I did not like it but mainly because of the instructor and the background people. The instrucutor was a young guy (younger than me anyway) and it felt like a hip-hop type of instruction. I don't need any of that while I exercise. It was just annoying. One of the background women reminded me of Jackie (W?) from that reality exercise show - work out and some intervention show but she needed a haircut. How can you see with your hair in your eyes? I ended up switching to Hiit 30/30 in the end.

Lisa - lots of well vibes being sent your way. Did you get them? :)

Murphy

Good morning! Not sure what to do today, the festivities are begining! Maybe a premix from Intensity. We are going to see Santa today and a bowling party and dinner with family! I am tired all ready! Lisa, how are you feeling? I hope you are on the mend! Ronne, hope your presents make it there. Murphy, every time I cheat on Cathe I am disappointed! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone, thanks for all the healing vibes, I think they may be working. I'm feeling better, still a bit clogged. I also think the last 2 nights sleep of 10 hrs each helped too! I still decided to take a rest day, I don't want a relapse, my mind says yes but my body says no. We had a nice day yesterday as a family, somehow I got conned into buying the boys something from best buy. Then we came home and they played video games together. My boys have always gotten along so well.

Murphy, I'm always disappointed when I cheat on Cathe too. That must be why I never venture away. I don't have netflix thought, do you try a lot of different people thru them?

Mary, I'm going to make some Christmas cookies today, then, gasp, I need to get a blanket made for my future DIL. I still don't know when we are celebrating. I remember how much fun it was with the younger kids, enjoy!

Ronne, Sounds like some of your Christmas plans is getting delayed by Mother Nature. ho, ho, HA :) I think you do need a break, I could barely get the peanut butter jar opened this morning and that told me I had no business doing any UB workout :) Listen to your body!

Hi all

Lisa - so glad to hear that you might finally be on the mend - hope you continue to recover and have a lovely time with your family.

Mary - sounds like you've got a lovely day planned. Enjoy the bowling!

Murphy - that workout doesn't sound much good. You know you're always going to get a good workout with Cathe. Have you ever tried any Kelly Coffey-Meyer? I do like her stuff as a change.

I did MMA Fusion today and I think that's me done for the year now. I didn't do too badly on the second section for once :p!
Well, one parcel turned up today so that's better than nothing. I also managed to do the pre-christmas rush job I had booked in. So just a bit of cleaning tomorrow morning before my parents arrive and we're all set.

I probably won't be back now before New Year so I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I'll see you in 2011!!

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has joyful holidays! We aren't celebrating until Sun., DH has to be at the fire station tomorrow.:(. The kids and I will visit family tomorrow. Lisa, your gift arrived here in Ohio, thank you for the cold! I hope you are feeling brand new. Ronne, hope the weather clears up for you! Have fun with your family! Murphy, have fun with the kids! Have a great weekend! Mary

Merry Christmas everyone! Mary, so glad my gift arrived in time :) I am finally feeling better and did GS CT today, wow, I've lost some strength as I was shaking more than normal. Maybe we both will be celebrating on Sunday, my future DIL called and said her work schedule would be open on Sun or Mon. Ronne, enjoy your holidays. Murphy, did you quit cheating on Cathe? btw, I dislike Jackie W.

I'm probably the only one here, since I'm finally well, I'm putting in the workouts....today....GS Legs, OMG, my cardio is shot and I'm still quivering.

Today was ab circuits from STS. I went to bed late and did not want to get up but I knew I had to get up before the kids or I would not get any type of work out in. Happy Holidays to everyone. Be safe and lots of DOMS to you all!

Ronne - I have never tried Kelley C-M but a friend of mine (who introduced me to Cathe) likes her a lot.

Mary - sorry to hear about the delayed holiday but hey, tomorrow is sunday. 4 more hours to go.

Lisa - glad to hear you are feeling better.

Murphy

Lisa, you are not alone! The kids and I visited with my in laws and then hung out with my folks, DH will be hone in the am, it is our Christmas Eve! I found the neatest app for the iPad! It is called FitnessClass. You can view snippets od w/o dvd's and purchase them for 30 days or buy them out right! Cathe is on there! I am trailing an Ilaria one, Athletica. I really enjoyed it! I am getting sore as I write! Only 4 bucks for the month! Probably won't be back until Tuesday, tomorrow our Christmas and with my folks, on Monday with his parents. Have fun with our celebration! Are you sore all ready? (by the way the app is free, it is just the work outs that get charged!). Talk to you later! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.