**40 & Over Check-In Week 6/29**

trunyon

Cathlete
HELLO ALL!

I thought I'd start the week out today - Sunday.

I'm so excited to begin the April 07 Rotation! And even more excited there are a few joining in....it makes me so much more accountable for what I do!

The weekend has been wonderful for me as far as eating goes! We'll see what tonight brings.

Yesterday I done Muscle Max, walked and done alot of housework...I actually didn't eat much at all. Not a good thing, but not necessarily bad at this point....showed me I "didn't" need food in my hand OR belly all day long:eek: :7

Hope you guys had a great weekend - and ready to start this week fresh! Happy working-out, Happy Clean Eating!:)

Hi Tina :)

I wasn't sure how this check in thread was going to be like and since I sometimes end up starting another check in thread, I'd figure I'd sit and wait ;)

I'm continuing with FF's Get Ready For Summer '08 rotation and mid month I'll start with her Circuit rotation.

I've already done up my rotation with some tweaks here and there to include my runs on my TM either my Cardio Coaches or Itreads, and CCPP for the last Saturday of July; its been all printed up and in my workout binder. :)

Today I did Muscle Max's Upper Body remix and added on the core work from the same dvd. It was a good workout.

My rest days are on Thursdays now so Sundays are a regular workout day. I just switched my rest days so it will feel a bit odd until I get used to taking Thursdays off :)

Why Thursdays for a rest day? Well thats when my dh has his real day off lol he works from 11pm - 7am and his weekends are Wednesday & Thursdays but usually sleeps all day on Wednesday.

My eating has been decent so long as I don't eat out lol at the moment I'm having some hot old fashioned oatmeal with 1/2 of blueberries and BSN for protein.

Oy! There I go again rambling on and on! :eek:
:7

Hi Everyone!

Wow, can't believe the weekend is over. I did CCPP challenge on Saturday and Sunday was my rest day (although I was itching to do something).

I think doing a rotation with others is going to help because on Sat morning I really didn't want to run on the TM for the CCPP challenge, but since others were and I said I would, I felt committed. And you know what, I was sooooo happy I did it! I felt so good afterward.

Eating this weekend wasn't the best but not horrible either especially if you consider that the one meal that was bad (chinese) could be considered a cheat meal. I don't normally schedule those, I figure when it happens I enjoy it and just get back on track.

I would say I'm looking forward to GS Legs tomorrow, but I always have such a dread factor with leg workouts. Ah well, it's gotta be done, right?

Until tomorrow.....

Hi all - I hope you had a great weekend. Eating was ok this weekend for me. I still ate clean but more calories than I normally do during the week. I don't count calories on the weekend just to give myself a break. I also allow myself a treat on the weekends.

Workouts were good too. Friday is my rest day. Saturday was Kung Fu class and Push/Pull. Yesterday I did a 5 mile run plus warm up and cool down.

Hi everyone, Hope your weekend was good, we were busy,time goes so fast, I wish it would slow down a little! Today is PS legs, I did DM and a power walk this weekend. I have the GS series coming in the mail this week, so after the holiday I will get busy! I have to go into work later, so I must stop procrastinating and get to my workout! Have a great Mon. Mary

Hi Ladies....sounds like everyones Monday is off to a great start. I lost 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks, so I'm a very happy person today! I did the GS Legs and the B&G Stability Ball abs. It had been a while since I did that ab workout and it was different and fun, at least until the ball fell on my face when I was supposed to be holding it between my legs while I held them up...whoops! :p

Everyone have a great day, a great time exercising and many clean eats.

Hi Ladies!

This weekend my eating did not go so well - I made a coffeecake to take to a brunch and ended up having three pieces at different times between Friday and Sunday!! However, I am back on track now with no sweets allowed in the house. ;-)

My workout today is going to be Cardio & Weights with Abs added in. Weather here is perfect - sunny and lower 70's.

Have a great week, everybody!

Lucy in Carmel, IN

Hi Ladies,

I too had a not-so-great weeekend eating wise. I attended a graduation party and ate a lot of things I don't usually eat. I tried a little of everything, not a lot of everything like the old days so hopefully that means something. I will probably do a 30 minute crunch workout tonight b/c time is tight. I hope to get back to my regular morning routine tomorrow. I workout longer and harder in the am, when I have energy.

See you tomorrow ladies,
Murph

Good afternoon, ladies -

Am heading to do Gym Style Legs Plus Stability ball abs. I feel really good about posting to this check-in because I really need to be held accountable (in my head) to get this exercise done. My eating has been clean today but need to drink more water. I wasn't eating clean this weekend - glass of wine Friday and Saturday. I will not look at things through the eyes of yesterday - I must look only at the things of today that I can accomplish.

Will post after my workout, Have a great afternoon.

Hello my fellow cougars! This is my first check in post EVER! :p

Wellll I had a successful w/e exercising:

Sat: Amy's ITR, Cathe's CM sec. 3
Sun: 20 minutes arc trainer, 20 minutes recumbent bike, tris/shoulders
Mon: Tracey's KBSF

Eating has been good--that is, healthy--just too much of it. The good news is I think I found the right combination. It's low cal/low fat/low carb/high protein. I'd gone from low carb to low cal & stopped counting carbs. The result being I was shoving starches down my pie hole like 6 times a day.

So, dreading the idea of going back to Atkins, I decided to stick w/the abs diet but cut the starches back to one a day. The result has been: PROGRESS AT LAST!

Yeah, my body is a freakin science experiment, but let's hope this time around it'll be a successful one. :p

Hello ladies!
I had a decent weekend. Eating was good. Yesterday I did Cardio fusion and really enjoyed it. I slept really late today as tonight is my first of 4 nights in a row working. I'm getting ready to do Butts and Gutts. I hope I make it all the way through...
I've been feeling very irritable all weekend and my energy level has been low. Not sleeping well either, which is not normal for me. Maybe hormones? Hope it ends soon. I HATE feeling this way. Sounds like everyone has had a good start to the week!

Lauramax - I'm thinking about buying the Absdiet book. Do you recommend it?

Got to get off this computer and on to B&G!
Lynn

HI again everybody - hope I get to everybody - my dear german shepherd has learned to open my oven door and I have supper in there!!!x(

I done Gym Style Legs - OUCH! After doing MM on Saturday my legs are totally screaming!!!! I didn't do the stability ball abs but will tack on someting from Core Max this evening. Tomorrow STEP BLAST!!!!

So is me, HappyDance and Lisa doing the April 07 rotation? Come on ladies, you have time to join us!:D

Mary - enjoy Gym Style Legs when you get it - I really want to know what you think of it.

Sounds like everybody is really doing great! So Lisa, you lost 2lbs???? HHhmmm....now you have to tell us how you think you do it!:) Enquiring minds MUST know! You asked me about sweat tea the other day, I'm a good ole West Virginia hillbilly actually!

Hi LauraMax! Is the AbDiet mainly protein? I just love fruit and veggies so much it's hard for me to eat all protein. I try to eat more protein I know it's more effective in me losing some weight. Starches:9 Mmmmmm

Lucy - At least you didn't eat all three pieces one right after the other! That sounds like something I'd do! How did Cardio & Weights go, I love that workout!

Cindi - I do exactly what you do on the weekends - but I'm wondering if that's where my weight keeps hanging on from. I do SO good (mostly) through the week and when the weekend hits, it's like a dag-gone food fest}(

Vilma - wow girlfriend, you have your workouts lined up - you go girl! Do you have to have a HRM for CC? I keep thinking I'd like to have CC but not sure I need to be spending any more money right now! Sounds like it would be worth every penny though!

Murph - would you like to join us in the April 07 rotation?

Ok ladies, I must get off of here - nice chattin' with you!

Before I turn off my computer for the night I wanted to swing by over here and do some personals ;)

Today I did DM Double Cardio premix; wow I was drenched lol
I don't really care for the last 2 drills but I did them anyway even though my knees started to talk to me towards the end. I didn't let that stop me as I was almost done and I'm glad I finished it as planned.

Eats were pretty good today.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new month and I have L&G scheduled for the early am along with ab work from ME.

Lisa:

Wasn't CCPP day just absolutely awesome?

Can't remember if you added on the last steady and challenge from V8 but I tell you I was soooo happy I did it and took on that challenge. I'm so looking forward to CCPP day again :)

Oh I totally understand the dread factor with leg work I'm doing L&G myself Tuesday morning oy!

I think what gets me are the leg workouts that have tons of leg presses on them; and yes its gotta be done. lol

Reason why I follow rotations because if I were left to my own devices I would always pick the ones I like over and over and over again probably not working my body to its max lol

Go you for the weight loss!

Cindi:

Wow I can never stay committed to counting calories I would go mad lol
Watching my portion control and tracking my points values is so much easier for me.

Mary:

I know what you mean by time going by so fast. Have fun with your new workouts :)

Lucy:

Baked goods I have no control over and so I can not have them in my house or I will continue having a piece here and there. # pieces over 3 days? Heck thats good! Have a great week also :)

Murph:

I get those weekends also, just means we're human so we just move forward and do the best we can :) I enjoy working out in the mornings too as thats when I have my 'me' time. Once the household gets up my window for working out starts to close quickly.

HappyDance:

Check in do help don't they?

LauraMax:

Wow! This is your 1st check in post?! No way!

I get you on the science experiment; things that worked in the past for me don't anymore . Its like my body is wanting to betray me and I have to work harder to maintain what I have or work harder to fight off the extra weight that wants to sneak up on me :/

What exactly is the abs diet?

Lynn:

Hmmm sounds like hormones.... I always blame hormones when I can't put my finger on why I feel the way I do at times. I hope you get to feeling better.

Tina:

I have to have my rotation decided on, planned out and printed up as thats what keeps me accountable to myself, if not I won't do anything or just get wishy washy on what I should be doing. That plus coming to the forums helps keep me honest. ;)

When I first started using Cardio Coach a little over a year ago; I just used the perceived exertion I just recently got a HRM but I got it more to see how many calories I burn.

You really should get at least one Cardio Coach to just try it out. My 1st CC was CCPP and soon after I ended up getting them all even both Vol 6 (Sean's and Candace's - although Candace's v6 is no longer being offered)

It has been the best money spent as I use my TM all the time now. I can never look at any cardio equipment now without using my CCs or Itreads. Plus you don't even need equipment to use the guided workouts.

They are one of the best things in my fitness regimen that I absolutely can not do without now.

So so it goes its time for me to get ready for bed if I want to get up at a decent time to get my workout in :)

Good Night ladies!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sleep002.gif

Hi all,

I'm the opposite, I love working legs! I think of them slimming and toning!:) Then, the next morning I get up outta bed and check 'em out in the mirror:eek: x( LOL!

I go through all that pain - for what?!!!! grimaces and says through her teeth "nothing"! BUt, I still like leg work.:)

Andrea

Andrea - you made me laugh - yeah I like feeling that my legs are working hard and strong its just all those leg presses after awhile gets my HR up and oy!

I still do LB for the simple fact is that if I didn't I can't even imagine in what shape they'd be in if I didn't work them so hard, for my age I must say I look pretty good and not too shabby thanks to keeping up with my fitness and tracking what I put in my mouth. Its work but has to be done LOL ;)

RE: Abs Diet

The book is great, I'd definitely recommend it. Very educational. The basis is metaboosting foods. I am eating a TON of spinach, beans, turkey, almonds, berries, whole grains, ground flax seed, whey powder, etc. etc. It's not just protein, it's very well rounded & probably the healthiest diet I've ever eaten. Physically I feel better than I have in my life, I just went a little hog wild (or piggy wild ;-) ) on the starches since I'd done low carb for so long & missed them so much!

Good Morning-

Boy, I am sure feeling the Doms this morning in the legs from GS Legs yesterday - not much in the abs though. I was having sooo much fun with the stability ball - the hip stack on the ball was my most fun part. Ugh, I have to say that the lunges on the leg work get me and I find myself gritting my teeth just to get through them. But lunges do their job - I have to say.

I am going to sub kickboxing for step as my knees just can't hande it. I just have to decide between Amy or Tracey.

I will be back later after my workout for personals. I have to make today count! (Sorry just trying to jazz myself up to exercise) Oh, I don't want toooo!

Hello everyone! I did S&H Triceps and biceps this morning. I too had a not so good eating weekend, also a graduation party w/ lots of goodies, then a girls nite out to the movies w/ buttered popcorn(yum), and then out for veggie pizza... Today, much better(so far). Anyone have a good dinner idea? thanks Kay

Hello ladies,

I just finished lunch and am trying not to buy the unnecessary chips and chocolate to go w/ the sandwhich I already ate. Hopefully clicking away on the forums will keep my hands and mind busy. :) Anyway, this morning I finished the last of the LIC premixes. I am finally going to try DM but am a little worried. It looks a little daunting. :eek: but I am also curious. I know Cathe will deliver, but that is also what I am afraid of! :p

See you tomorrow ladies,
Murph

Hi Everyone! I finished Step Blast and a 20 min run today. I just love Step Blast, it's so much fun. My eats have been going well too. I have some DOMS in hamstrings and calves from GS Legs yesterday. Those calf exercises are killer in that workout. My inner thighs hurt a bit too and I can now see my muscles in my inner thighs, whooppee!

HappyDance, glad you are joining Tina and myself for the rotation. As far as drinking water, guzzle it (but make sure you'll be near a bathroom in about an hour x( ) I get lots of water drank while I'm reading the forums, I just sit down with a tall glass of water and before I know it it's gone. Mindless drinking.

Lauramax, glad you are seeing progress. I have to be careful with the carbs as well, but there is no way I can restrict as much as Atkins requires....my brain gets too foggy. I try more for a Zone-like approach and that works well for me and keeps my blood sugar under control. Love those starches but have to limit those. I can give up potatoes with no problem and I have minimal rice and noodles, but bread, oh my, love crusty french or sourdough bread. Most of the time I try to stick with whole wheat stuff but sometimes I splurge and then I feel it because for example, after spagetti I am sooooo tired.

Lynn, I say that whenever I don't feel right that it has to be hormones! I think I only have 2 good weeks out of a month.

Tina, I've added more cardio to try to get these last few pound off. I'm basically doing cardio 5x a week for at least an hour. So on weight lifting days I still have a cardio session. Normally a run on treadmill since I found cardio coach and iTreads. My Mom's side of the family is in WV so I have a hillbilly ancestory as well. I find myself say 'I reckon' way to much after visiting my relatives in WV about 10 yrs ago. :p

Murphy, Hopefully surfing on the forums helped you resist those cookies! Staying busy when munchies hit helps me a lot.

Vilma, I added the challenge in to the CCPP workout....I'm always up for a challenge, I didn't think I'd make it for a while because my legs were getting really tired, but thinking of Jim and his wonderful msg just for us Cathe girls powered me on. THANK YOU SO MUCH for getting me hooked on these cardio coaches! And it was your post to my question post about them that made me decide to take the plunge. Leg presses are tough and I get so winded, even when I try to exhale on the exertion.

Andrea, I love your leg philosophy I'll keep it in mind on my leg days. My legs are the best part of my body in my opinion, it's just soooo tough sometimes but totally worth it in the end.

GettingFitMom, sorry I have no dinner ideas for you. I just cook normal but try to watch the starchy carb intake. I'm not a calorie counter either.

So, it's GS CT tomorrow, I really need help on my triceps....there's still too much flab flapping there. I lift as heavy as Cathe on the triceps--I probably need to get the BF% down more. Unfortunately the batwings and tummy are the last fat areas to leave my body ;( . Until tomorrow.......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.