40 and over week of 8/8/10

Murphy

Cathlete
:eek:

Hi all, I did not see a thread so I started one. I had a very productive weekend - exercise wise... I jumproped Saturday, yesterday Tracie Long and today was more Wii plus I had on 30 min. of Tracie Long. I cannot remember the last time I have worked out so many days in a row. Yea me!

Murphy:eek:

Hi Murphy (and everyone else),

DOMS, DOMS, and more DOMS for me! I forgot to tell you all that I had such massive tricep DOMS from my first week of STS Meso 2. In fact I had DOMS in every muscle group (minus shoulders). I just love the way Meso 2 works my body. I ended up doing the Week1 Meso 2 Back/Bi friday night (in between callouts from work, ugh!). Did I mention work was busy last week? It went into Friday night with them calling me at home. I hope this week is better. Anyway, then on Saturday I was just too exhausted from all the work (and stress -- my neck felt it), so took a rest day and DH and I went to see the movie Inception, went to Panera Bread for lunch and then to Coldstone for some ice cream (whooops), sat outside in the shade, there was a nice breeze and we relaxed, ah. Then Sunday I did STS Wk1 Meso2 LEGS --- Oh my golly, do I have the DOMS today! The calf raises killed me for some reason (I yelled out OW at the end of each set). I have glute/calf/quad doms! OOOOOh why do we love to torture ourselves? Since my legs are fried I did MMA Boxing today.

Besides the movies, I also organized my workout room better. Since DS18 is going off the college I could move the couch to a better area to give me more room to workout since he won't be there playing games anymore. It's so much better. Next is to orgainze the DVDs a bit better in the shelves on each side of the TV. It's not as nice as some workout rooms, but I'm really liking it.

Murphy, that sounds like a lot of workouts! No assistants to bother you?

Hi Ronne, Mary (are you going to be with us this week?), Kathryn (we miss you if you are reading---you must be busy with summer). Some schools here started back this week, my boys start back on 8/20.

Later....

Lisa - no assistants this weekend. I almost had some "help" yesterday but DH surprised me and got out of bed to keep them busy. I must admit, DH is starting to confuse me - listening, helping, doing what I ask...I am not sure what to make of this but I hope it continues. :) BTW, how was inception?

Murphy

Great Weekend - to a Great Week

I had a great weekend working in the yard - a total of 6 1/2 hours! :D
Started Cathe's August rotation today - had to substitute a different DVD but still burned those calories.:cool:

Hi all

Murphy - sounds like a good weekend of workouts. Go DH! I think you should make the most of it Murphy!

Lisa - We went to see Inception last week. Have to say I didn't think that much of it. Great to look at but thought the plot wasn't up to much. Sounds like you've been getting the tough workouts in as well (between working :mad: poor you!). Sometimes, it just does feel good to have DOMS doesn't it? Tho' I'm glad I don't get them so often anymore!
I like the sound of that workout room as well, lucky you.

Hello KL! Welcome!

No workouts for me at the weekend (and too much food). I did KCM's new one today, Circuit Burn. I'm just doing 30mins a day this week as I won't have much time. Got a good sweat on but didn't give me the lift I was hoping for (not the DVD's fault, just me!). I'm feeling like a beached whale thanks to TTOM. I can't say I'm looking forward to the menopause but I will be glad when these damn periods finish! Bleuurrghh ...

See you tomorrow!

OK, I have to tell you all. I shared the fact of my major lower body DOMS with a co-worker. Said it was difficult to sit on the toilet much less kneel down next to her desk to help her out (there are no spare chairs here). I don't think she appreciated it like you all do! She had a look of horror, like why would you?

Ronne, if only menopause were the answer! Knowing our luck there will just be some other bothersome thing! grrrrrrr

Murphy, Inception was pretty good. Maybe the story line wasn't the best but it kept my attention and I didn't fall asleep. Of course I made sure we went to the 9am showing because I was afraid if I went to the 1pm showing that I would fall asleep (seems my body really likes naps these days).

Welcome KL, that is a LOT Of yardwork! Is it hot where you are? It's been too hot (and I'm just not interested) to do yardwork this year. :)

Still with the Wii but I added 4DS kickbox; it felt good. The Wii was better today, more new stuff - finally!

KL - welcome aboard!

Murphy

Hi everyone

Murphy - well done for sticking with that Wii challenge. Did you throw in a few 'huhs' when doing Kickbox? :p

Lisa - I'm sure the menopause will bring its own joys! I, personally, can't wait to lose my waist, thicken up and get bigger breasts!;)
Your story about your colleague made me laugh!
How are the headaches? Have they cleared up?

It's been a miserable day today here, raining pretty much non-stop. DD and I still went into town to do some last-minute holiday shopping. Bought myself a new dressing gown (lucky me ;)) and got a map for France.
Did Powersculpt off the new KCM DVDs. That was tough. I was sweating like nobody's business. It's non-stop lightish weights for 30mins, doing compound moves. It really got my heart pumping as well.

Bye for now!

Hi everyone! I'm baack! Recovery was a bit rougher this time around, I didn't realize that they dislocate both hips for the 2nd surgery, that was a bit of a suprise! Started therapy and working upper body, should be back on the bike in 2 weeks or so! Also, have had lots of drama around here, friend left her husband, so she and the kids were here for a while, back home now, giving it another go, so we will see how that goes. Our twins turned 12 yesterday, we went to fondue place for dinner, lots of fun! Murphy, how's the house sale coming? St. Joseph still buried? The kids? Sleeping? I see your wish for new videos came true! I'm just getting the dvd's. Ronne, France for vacation? hotel or renting house? I am jealous! Lisa, how is work? People still annoying? Good for you with the DOMS! I just love those! Welcome new person!! Kathryn, where are you? We miss you! Well, I have missed you all and I have been rambling a long time! Have a good day, talk to you later! Mary

geez, I just realized I hadn't checked in. I did Step Moves this morning, last night I did chest for STS meso2 wk 2. I like going home and doing one body part for 20-25 min. Makes me feel better.

Ronne, headaches HAD been better, but today, wham. Maybe I didn't eat enough last night (DH is gone, I tend to eat less). I figured out that my BP is going up because I'm at work, even if not stressed. so I just take the meds M-F.

Murphy, its irritating having to play something so much just to open up more options!

Mary,glad you are back, it will be sooo much better after you are all healed

Works been crazy busy and I'm ready for my vacation time!

Rest day today. I could not sleep but then DD was up again, this time between 2 and 3:30. I did not get to sleep until after 4 so I decided to take the day off. I hope to get an afternoon walk in, it seems to help my mind but with this heat it also tends to take a lot of my energy.

Lisa - Happy early birthday (I hope I did not miss it). I wanted to send you happy birthday wishes while I am thinking about it.

Mary - Wow, lots going on. I hope you feel 100% (or close to it) soon and late Happy Birthday to your twins. No, the kids are not sleeping but it is okay, while I am up I can think of the new dvd's. ;-) I too only ordered the dvd's. Regarding the sale, we have a buyer (yippee), we signed the contract last night and it is now in attorney review. We put in an offer on another place and are waiting to hear on that. The buyers want to move in 4 weeks. That is fine with me; I just want my DD settled in school with as little disruption as possible.

Murphy

Hi all, I'm beat! Waaaay too much work. I would have LOVED to bag my workout but I'm glad I didn't. I did LIC this morning, cardio only premix...Cathe is so perky and upbeat it improved my mood greatly. I sweated A LOT....I'm tired of the heat and sweating so much! Last night I did shoulders for STS Meso2/Week2. Had to push myself. I'm glad I did it, I'm wearing a sleeveless top so I'm imagining my delts popping out there :)

Murphy, YEA! on the house!!!!! You did not miss my birthday (it's Saturday). Thanks for the wishes, no plans except take some ME time. I've been soooo exhausted that I just crash at night. Thankfully I have no little ones to get me up and my DS was home so I didn't have to worry about him being out driving at night.

Ronne, France? Really.....you know all your trips sound so exciting to us Americans.

Mary, How are you doing. You are an inspiration for getting back to working out after surgeries. I'm impressed.

gotta run..

Hi everyone

Mary - welcome back! We missed you :D. Yuck on the surgery, that sounds horrible. But hopefully that will be it for you and you'll get back to where you were quickly. Sounds like life is mighty interesting round your way at the moment. Give me boring anytime! And happy belated birthday to the twins. 12, that sounds so old!

Murphy - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm keeping everything crossed that it all goes smoothly for you. I don't know what it's like in the US, but moving house here is a nightmare so I'm hoping everything will go beautifully for you!

Lisa - so let me get this right, you are doing a 45 min cardio workout in the morning (at some godforsaken hour) followed by a single body part at the end of the day for 20-25 mins. Woman, you are insane :p! I suppose it helps clear all that work out of your head.

Well, I wimped out of a workout today. I've got DOMS in my waist (?) and I was out all day with DD, we did theatre, lunch and a museum with friends. I was going to do some cardio when I got back but I just couldn't face it! Got a pile of ironing to do before the holiday so I better get going!

See you tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Today will be S&H something! Last night DH & DS ran a 5K together, it was so humid, all the runners looked like they were in the shower! DH came in 3rd for his age group! Sun. he is doing a duelathlon, 5K, 12K bike, and then another 5K, he is so excited! I have my folding chair ready! Ronne, hope that you have a great vacation! We are all seething with jealousy! Murphy, so exciting about the house! I'm so glad for you! You will have to post pics of the new place! Moving is such a pain tho! Lisa, what plans for your birthday? I hope somje thing fun! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - congrats to your DS and DH. He's a glutton for punishment, Sunday as well?!

Just a quick post today as I'm running out of time. Did the second Circuit Burn today and worked hard again. Think I'm going to be using these new DVDs a lot! Talking of which, I still haven't decided whether to preorder or not. Future finances are looking a bit shaky as my work is drying up and I don't know if I can justify the expense. I've just seen that they're selling them separately so I'm going to check that out. At least, I've got till the end of the month to decide.

Well, we're off on holiday tomorrow so I'll see you all in a couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed we get good weather so I can have two weeks of lazing by the pool, reading and chatting!

Lisa, have a good birthday on Sat!

Bye!

I decided to sleep in so no w/o for me.

Ronne, yes, I've been trying to do 45 min cardio in the morning and 20-30 min one body part weigths at night. Sometimes I have to push myself for the night session but it is better than laying on the couch moaning about how exhausted my brain is. Plus, I'm trying to do a lot of workouts because I don't think I'll be one of those that works out on vacation. DH and I are soooooo ready for Alaska!!!! But Laying by the pool sounds sooooo wonderful too!!

Mary, how cool about your DH and DS 5K and dualathon.

Murphy, moving is a pain, but when you really want to have a different place it is soooo worth it in the end. We've been in our house for 18yrs now and plan on staying a while.....good thing I like it soooo much. My new workout space is great, I'll have to take pics soon.

Back to work, sigh.....I wish some of my work would dry up a bit, my brain is TIRED!

Hi all,

Upset stomach last night so no w/o for me this morning. DD saw an ant in her room and DH went crazy with the bug spray and the kids ended up in the bed with me and DH was in the gurest room - on the big guest room bed - all by himself! Next time I think I will send one of the kids to sleep in the guest room!

Okay, the house. We found a house we like and they accepted our offer and the timeline. We are in attorney review and our realtor wants the paperwork done yesterday but the attorney is taking his time (he has 3 days but we are under a serious time crunch). I am stressing. My parents want to help and pay for the movers, they are harassing me about the estimate (what does it include) and I still have school for DD and etc to take care of. STRESS!!!! That is probably why my stomach was upset last night...

Murphy

Okay, stilled stressed and still no sleep but I did w/o this morning. I did core cardio circuit. I lost a lot of cardio capacity by fooling around with the Wii. Every 5 minutes I would look at the clock on the player thinking I was almost done - uh, no, it just started... I made it through with a few modifications - does sitting on the couch and watching count as a modification? :) Just kidding, I was good. Speaking of the Wii, I realized that all I wanted was to see what would happen by completing the 6-week program so now I just set it up for the warm-up only, get ready for Cathe while it is on, and get credit for a workout. 3 more weeks of the bull and I will be done with the Wii and my insane obsession with the 6-week credit!

Favor - could you guys say a prayer for me regarding the house sale and purchase. I am seriously stressing and could some help. I trust that everything will fall into place; I just cannot handle things being out of my control and having to rely on other people to do what they need to do. Thank you.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Murphy

Hi everyone. I managed to go home and do biceps last night (had to push myself, but felt better afterward). This morning I did spinning for 40 min. My quad muscle at the top really is sore this week, I had to ignore the soreness as I pedaled. Tonight I will do triceps.

I think we are all caught up at work, ah!

Murphy, You are funny about that 6 wk medal....once you get it, you'll wonder why you wanted it.....I got that way when playing those stupid facebook games. I had to cut myself off! I've been thinking of you and the house. Remember things have a way of working out as they should be, we only have so much control. I'll say a prayer that things go the way you want.

I guess Ronne is off having a glorious time....waaah!

Hi Mary, for some reason I think of you when I bike.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi all! Lisa, have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 40 min. on the bike is a long time! I find myself pulling a Murphy and watching the clock, but usually every 40 sec or so instead of every 5 min! Ronne, have a great vaction, in FRANCE! Your trips always sound sooo much better than ours! Murphy, remember, buying a home is one of life's most stressful events. It is hard to put our lives into other's hands (the bank, the lawyer, moving people, etc...) Once all the paperwork is done, you will feel so much better and then you will be able to enjoy all the excitement of a new house! I will keep you in my prayers! Have a good weekend! Mary p.s. Lisa, I will be younger than you for a whole month! Oh, and I did S&H tri's and shoulder's today, mixing it up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.