4 weeks pregnant

Hollie826

Hello everyone!
I just found out I am pregnant and want to continue my insanity workout. I know it's very intense but I am not that far along.. I am 1 month, if that.I need advice... And any alternatives?
Thank you
Hollie

Congrats Hollie! I just had a little boy in Oct and am so in love. He is sleeping on me right now. I love it!

When I found out I was pregnant I was about to start Meso 3 but my dr advised me against it. She said no heavy lifting. I know Insanity doesn't have lifting but is super intense. I continued to workout at an intense level in my first and second trimesters but avoided plyometrics. The Low Impact series was my go to.

I would suggest you ask your dr what they think. You may not have an appt this soon but if I were you I would call your clinic just to make sure.

Again congrats! I'm not sure if you have other children but being a mama is the BEST! You will love it!

Hi I'm 37 weeks and did fairly intense workouts until a month or so ago and then did a light lifting/yoga rotation. The holidays and just being tired have made workouts more rare now but feel like I could still workout with modifications. Modify as you go.

Congrats to you too! This will be my 2nd, but I was not doing intense workouts for my first. I found out last week and have not worked out since. I have noticed that I have been very tired and a little depressed. I really think a lot of it is because I have not been working out. I think I will just continue for now but at a slower pace until I talk to my doctor.
Thanks guys!

Sounds like a good plan! I too get a bit depressed when I don't workout so I feel ya there. Enjoy your pregnancy!

Congrats to you two as well! and I also feel depressed when I can't workout. The past few weeks have been hard for me but knowing that the little bugger is doing fine helps me. A big part of the reason I kept up with my workouts was so I could heal faster after the baby comes (planned C-section) and to help me keep up with my 3.75 year old during my pregnancy.

Just remember to listen to your body and modify. I ended up doing pushups off a chair or step so I didn't have to get up quickly off the floor, amazing how fast Cathe moves in some of her workouts and the Low Impact Series is wonderful but very ab oriented so if you feel any weird twinges just try to modify, I stopped using the disks for some of the moves because it was too hard and did things slower by the end.

Wishing you good luck during the end of your pregnancy! I as well had a c section. Hard recovery but I wouldn't change a thing. Soon you will be holding a beautiful little baby :) Congrats!

Had the baby on Monday night. I went for my regular check up Monday am and had unusually high blood pressure so my nurse practioner sent me to the hospital for monitoring. During lab work ups it was found I had HELLP ( severe preeclampsia) and had him via c-section 3 weeks early. We're all healthy now and at home. Healing up so can do xtrain when I'm all healed up!

Congrats! Glad to hear you and baby are healthy and doing well. Enjoy your little one. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery. Take care!

I was told no heavy lifting because of hormonal changes and no vigorous cardio bc it raises your core temperature and can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy.

Hello everyone!
I just found out I am pregnant and want to continue my insanity workout. I know it's very intense but I am not that far along.. I am 1 month, if that.I need advice... And any alternatives?
Thank you
Hollie

Hi,
Congrats for the upcoming baby. You know that intense exercise is not advisable anymore. In fact since you are in your first trimester, you have to be extra careful. You can do yoga, it is better for you and the baby too.
-Rosetta

Hi, and congratulations, I do have 4 kids and I did exercise with my last one, are very good dvds for pregnancy if you do it you goin to feel good. Good luck. Insanity is good but no for pregnancy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.