4 Day Split Series Question?

alicia17

Cathlete
How does everyone plan to use the 4 Day Split series? 4 consecutive days in a row, or with days in between. Alicia

I imagine that I will use it as-is -- the four days of workouts in a row, then add on one day of cardio only, then one circuit to finish out the week.

Someone asked that question a while ago, so you might search for the answers they got.

I'm not sure how I'll use it until I see it, but I can think of several possibilities. I think I'll start with something like this:

Day 1: 4-day split
Day 2: cardio
Day 3: 4-day split
Day 4: 4-day split
Day 5: cardio
Day 6: 4-day split
Day 7: stretch/rest

Hey Kathryn that is a good plan because each workout is 1 hour long. I'm going to wait to see what the premixes are like...how long...how intense, etc. If the premixes are 45 mins long then maybe I'll alternate between the hour long workout then the shorter....so much to think about :9

I was thinking maybe the 1st 2 routines, a day off, then the other 2 routines, a day off, then a light cardio. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM!!!! I can't wait to see what rotations Cathe puts together utilizing them.

I like Kathryn's idea. I'm also thinking:
Use them in a row then rest, cardio, circuit or total body or
Use them in a row, cardio, rest, circuit or total body
'Can't wait for this series!!! Woo hoo!
Angela:7

I think I'm going to do workouts 1-4, workouts 1-4 again, Interval Day, rest day. Start over. So I'll have 9 days on, 1 day off.

I plan to use as is, probaby skipping at day in between but my total week just using the 4 day split. I usually only work out 3 days right now so I am super excited about adding a day for the "whole enchilada"!!

Mary

Day 1: 4 Day Split (cardio & weights)
Day 2: 4 Day Split (cardio & weights)
Day 3: Ashtanga Yoga
Day 4: 4 Day Split (cardio & weights)
Day 5: 4 Day Split (cardio & weights)
Day 6: Ashtanga Yoga
Day 7: Rest

I plan to use it as laid out doing a 90 minute intensive yoga on two other days of the week.

Monica

In all honesty, I plan on mixing it in with the last series, hardcore, intensity, and body blast so it will give me variety and change things up a bit. So, I will have 3 kickbox workouts totally and keeping those apart might be challenging, unless I do one of Cathe's rotations.

I can't wait to get the new tapes. I can use some variety. I have been doing Cathe's 04' January Rotation for the last 2 weeks, and it uses alot of her older tapes, which I haven't done in awhile.
MIC - UGGGG!! Can't wait for the new challenges.

I would probably do them consecutively and then do a couple of cardio workouts at the end of the week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.