3 week yoga retreat

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hi, everyone, I am curious if anyone has tried the 3 week yoga retreat, by beach body, and if you have, what you thought of it.

I want to love yoga and I just don't. I truly believe in the efficacy of yoga (i.e flexibility, balance, internal calm) and I have tried several yoga DVDs/programs; however, nothing, thus far, has resonated with me. It appears that these DVDs are 30 minutes or less and not necessarily marketed towards a true yogi. With these two factors in mind, I thought they might be worth a try.

Thank you so much for your input!

I know absolutely nothing at all, sorry. But, why not try it? What do you have to lose? I'm like you: I want so badly to be fulfilled by yoga, so what will it take?!? Give it a whirl and report back!

I agree, would love to find yoga that works for me. Please report back! In the meantime, I will be checking out Brett Larkin

Hi there
You should look up Brett Larkin on YouTube. She has tons of stuff for free and she's wonderful! It might be just what you're looking for:)
Chris801, thank you so much for the suggestion. I am unfamiliar with Brett Larkin so I will definitely be completing a search on YouTube.

I was not comfortable spending $70 on the 3 week yoga without receiving feedback from Cathe's fans that it is a solid program. ;)

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Hi, everyone, I am curious if anyone has tried the 3 week yoga retreat, by beach body, and if you have, what you thought of it.

I want to love yoga and I just don't. I truly believe in the efficacy of yoga (i.e flexibility, balance, internal calm) and I have tried several yoga DVDs/programs; however, nothing, thus far, has resonated with me. It appears that these DVDs are 30 minutes or less and not necessarily marketed towards a true yogi. With these two factors in mind, I thought they might be worth a try.

Thank you so much for your input!

I feel the same. Know it’s benefits but can’t find the right program.

I haven't tried that program. I am a fan of Shiva Rae. Her work can be very challenging.

But, truthfully, if you just don't like it at all, why force yourself? Part of what makes yoga work is your mindset and I'm not 100% sure that your mind is there.

Would an even shorter program be better? There are the 10 min. solution series DVDs. They aren't bad. Also, Rodney Yee is excellent.

I personally have found that yoga produces more results in a shorter amount of time than any other type of workout, even more than strength training. Its possible that you are not pushing hard enough into the mat to experience the benefit. Have you tried Rapid Breath of Fire? Thats my handle because the first time that I tried it I felt like the back of my head had exploded.

old oxygen yoga show with great music just gives yoga a fun fib. It got me into yoga. He has a few uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/user/lesleyfightmaster This is the one I use now. She fits my mood now. She just has a gentle low key voice and I play my own music

I've done a few butiyoga but just not the kind of yoga i'm looking for at 47. I would of totally loved 10 years ago.

Good luck with finding a program that works for ya

old oxygen yoga show with great music just gives yoga a fun fib. It got me into yoga. He has a few uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/user/lesleyfightmaster This is the one I use now. She fits my mood now. She just has a gentle low key voice and I play my own music

I've done a few butiyoga but just not the kind of yoga i'm looking for at 47. I would of totally loved 10 years ago.

Good luck with finding a program that works for ya

Cafelattee, thank you so much for the post. I have not actually done the video you included; however, I did a quick view of it and definitely felt like the music would give it a fun feel.

I realized that is my struggle with loving yoga, it is the lack of fun factor. I recognize yoga is all about breath work, centering yourself and challenging your body; however, I believe it can also be fun.

Many years ago, I was not a huge fan of weight lifting. It was ok, I knew it was good for me, yet I did not love it. Then I found Cathe. She is serious about her workouts; however, at least for me, she also includes a fun factor.

I like yoga and I want to love it. I truly believe it is a matter of finding the right instructor. Just as it was when I found Cathe, with regards to weight lifting.

Shortly after I posted this thread, someone recommended fightmaster yoga. http://www.fightmasteryoga.com/
I am doing her 30 day challenge; however, not necessarily everyday. I am mixing it in with my other workouts. From my perspective Lesley has a fun personality. Her voice is upbeat and for the 30 day fix most all the videos are around 20 minutes, the perfect length for me. I would prefer to do DVDs bc I have a TV in my workout room that has a screen larger than my iPad :p I guess this is a good incentive to get Apple TV ;)

I will continue my search; however, at the moment, Lesley Fightmaster is a pretty good fit.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.