2nd pregnancy is hard

Jury is still out on Yoga Burn. Before I got pregnant, i wanted to incorporate more yoga into my routine. I have been lifting weights with Cathe for over a decade and to do any upper body exercises that just require body weight is still such a challenge. I did a class at a work event that had an instructor from Core Power Yoga and it was amazing. Sweaty, heart rate pumping, and tons of upper body work. I want that class again and I haven’t been able to find it!

I have a work trip coming up too. It’s going to be exhausting, but it’s going to be at the beach and my son is coming so I’m pretty excited.

I did PHA yesterday too. I like getting my heart rate up without a lot of jumping! Today I didn’t have a lot of time do I did low impact tabata twice. Tomorrow, yoga burn again.

I so want to incorporate more yoga. I follow a lot of yogis on Instagram and I’m amazed by their strength! I love hot yoga and plan on returning to that after baby. I love challenging my body without equipment. Plus I’m finding I’m getting bored with the same old same old weights/cardio workouts. Like you bodyweight workouts especially for upper body are super challenging even though I can lift pretty heavy weights.

That’s great you can take your son with you on your work trip. That should be fun.

I’ve been feeling kind of down lately. Most of my friends already had all their children so they are older so I feel like I don’t have anyone to relate too. Plus I get sad thinking about how fun and calm life was before kids. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a mommy and I’m excited about the new addition but I miss being able to to just go and relax with my hubby without having to stress about a babysitter, a schedule or what needs to get done. Sometimes I feel bad feeling this way.

I’ve been doing a lot of Lower Body work. Mostly zuzka lights kettlebell butt workouts since they are short I add them after a run. I did do Cathe’s Lee live workout this week which was legs and enjoyed that. Wasn’t as grueling as her usual leg workouts. I also did her live super set workout which I enjoyed.
Have a nice weekend ladies

Hi Ladies -

Welp, I survived my work trip....HOORAY throws confetti. So glad that I (hopefully) will not have to travel any more this year. Work travel at my company is always so exhausting due to the jam-packed schedules they usually plan for us. I usually come home completely depleted of all energy and that was before getting pregnant so going on these trips while pregnant have been even worse!

So sorry you have been feeling down Karie. Since this is my first I've definitely had my moments where I've questioned how different life will be after the little one gets here and have honestly felt a little sad when I think of the loss of freedom. I think these thoughts are absolutely normal. It's been particularly hard lately watching friends on social media go on what look like amazing, relaxing vacations. I'm so jealous!!! Now granted I know we can go on a babymoon and what not before the baby gets here, but it just won't be the same as one of our previous vacations where I could drink and basically be carefree. I just keep reminding myself of all the new stuff we will get to do and experience once we have a kid of our own and that some of the best times of our lives are still ahead of us. I know it won't all be rainbows and butterflies, but life rarely is --- with kids or without. Regardless, I'm excited of the adventure that awaits us.

I'm still been focusing on a lot of Cathe workouts. This past week I started revising some of my old KCM DVDs as well. I had forgotten how much Kelly packs into 30 minutes. I'm actually considering signing up for her streaming service just to have more of a selection of workouts when I'm looking for something on the shorter side. It's so funny even hearing me say that because prior to pregnancy I rarely reached for workouts that were 30 minutes or less (unless I was adding them onto another workout). But right now my main focus to just to stay active and not to really get hung up on how long I'm working out.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Hi Ladies -

Welp, I survived my work trip....HOORAY throws confetti. So glad that I (hopefully) will not have to travel any more this year. Work travel at my company is always so exhausting due to the jam-packed schedules they usually plan for us. I usually come home completely depleted of all energy and that was before getting pregnant so going on these trips while pregnant have been even worse!

So sorry you have been feeling down Karie. Since this is my first I've definitely had my moments where I've questioned how different life will be after the little one gets here and have honestly felt a little sad when I think of the loss of freedom. I think these thoughts are absolutely normal. It's been particularly hard lately watching friends on social media go on what look like amazing, relaxing vacations. I'm so jealous!!! Now granted I know we can go on a babymoon and what not before the baby gets here, but it just won't be the same as one of our previous vacations where I could drink and basically be carefree. I just keep reminding myself of all the new stuff we will get to do and experience once we have a kid of our own and that some of the best times of our lives are still ahead of us. I know it won't all be rainbows and butterflies, but life rarely is --- with kids or without. Regardless, I'm excited of the adventure that awaits us.

I'm still been focusing on a lot of Cathe workouts. This past week I started revising some of my old KCM DVDs as well. I had forgotten how much Kelly packs into 30 minutes. I'm actually considering signing up for her streaming service just to have more of a selection of workouts when I'm looking for something on the shorter side. It's so funny even hearing me say that because prior to pregnancy I rarely reached for workouts that were 30 minutes or less (unless I was adding them onto another workout). But right now my main focus to just to stay active and not to really get hung up on how long I'm working out.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Glad you had a smooth trip and that you are done traveling for the year.

Yeah social media is tough sometimes for me also. With today being cinco de mayo it’s hard watching all my friends enjoying their margaritas on the beach. Even though I wouldn’t trade my life for anything, I do miss the freedom at times

I subscribed to Coffey for raw for a while. She has some great workouts on there. I didn’t use it enough which is why I cancelled but have been thinking about resubscribing. For $6.99 a month you can’t beat it

I’ve also decided to stop running. As a physical therapist I understand the impact running will have on my pelvic floor muscles as the baby grows. As much as I miss it I know it’s the best decision at this time. Your pelvic floor muscles take a beating even without impact being pregnant.

I’ve been pretty low energy this weekend. I did manage one of Cathe Live workouts yesterday that mixed cardio and weights. Today is a rest day and other then chasing my daughter around, I’m just taking it easy. I’m 4 months pregnant so far. It’s going quickly. I’ve gained 8lbs so far. I gained a total of 40 lbs with my daughter. We will see where I end up this time.

Happy Sunday ladies

Hi Ladies -

How's everyone doing? I'm officially 14.5 weeks and feeling so much better!!!! So nice to have finally kicked all that terrible nausea. I'm still hanging in there with my workouts. Each week I choose a different Cathe weight workout series to revisit at least for Upper Body (this week was her Gym Styles workouts), for lower body I'll choose whatever is tickling my fancy that particular day. This week I did the LITE lower body pyramid workout for the first time. I did go a little heavier with my weights than Cathe (starting out at 5lb weights for some of the exercises just felt too light for me), but I didn't get too crazy either (definitely not trying to break any personal lifting records right now, lol). Then on the other days of the week I've been filling in with whatever I'm feeling like that day -- some days it'll be a metabolic workout or a bootcamp style. Just depends on how I'm feeling. Been focusing mainly on Cathe workouts and Kelly Coffey workouts for when I'm looking for something shorter. I get bored easily so I love having options!

Now that I'm officially in the second trimester I've decided to cut out traditional ab work (crunches, planks, etc) based on everything I've read about diastasis recti. I'm still trying to determine what to do about push ups. There's so much conflicting information out there--some sites say push ups are safe others say they aren't because of all the downward pressure placed on your abdomen (similar to being in a plank). Push ups were in yesterday's Gym Styles Chest/Triceps workout so I decided to do standing chest press (with lighter weights) in lieu of traditional push ups.

Hope you both are dong well! Today is an exciting day for us....we are doing our gender reveal. My husband really wanted to have a party and I wanted to do something a little more private (know that the work of planning a party would mainly fall onto my shoulders, lol) so we ended up compromising after one of my girlfriends offered to host a small cookout for us. My husband's happy because he technically gets his "party" now and I'm happy because we kept the invite list on the smaller side since we weren't hosting the party at our own house. This all came together in the past week and a half so it hasn't been too bad....plus I've had a girlfriend to share some of the planning work with! The weather here looks amazing (although a little on the hot side) but all in all a perfect day for a cook-out. So excited to find out what we are having and to get to share the excitement with some of our closest friends!

SarBear, How exciting for you! I can’t wait to hear what you are having. I’m glad you are feeling better! You have been doing great with your workouts. I was just thinking the other day about revisiting old Cathe weight workouts and focusing on one series per week. There are so many i haven’t done in years!

Ive been doing ok. I’m having some digestive issues. It seems like my digestion has slowed completely which makes me very uncomfortable after every meal. In order to avoid that i have to eat snack size meals which is hard because i am hungry! Very frustrating but what can you do. Workout wise I have been doing a lot of spinning from studio sweat on demand. They have a 2 week Memorial Day challenge which i have been participating in. Spinning seems to be the only workout I can do now. Even Cathe’s low impact cardio isn’t feeling right. I feel as though I need to focus a bit more on weights though. It seems to have taken a back burner and even the Spin Sculpt classes i take on SSOD are more cardio based. I am now 18.5 weeks pregnant so almost half way there. I have to say it is going by faster this time around but I really am not a fan of being pregnant lol.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

Hi Ladies -

Hope you are both doing well. I'm very excited to report the results of our gender reveal---it's a girl! :) My husband and I are so excited (although truth be told we would have been happy either way, lol). I'm about 16.5 weeks along now and have been feeling great (knock on wood) except for a nasty cold with lots of cough/congestion. No one warned me that your immune system goes to shit when you are pregnant, but to be honest I'll take a cold over that 1st trimester nausea any day!!! It's been two weeks since the cold started so I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

As far as workouts go I've still been focusing on 2-3 days of strength training (usually 2 upper body and 1 lower body) and then filling the rest of the week with bootcamp/circuit style workouts and/or gentle cardio. The week before Memorial Day I focused on the strength workouts from Ripped with Hiit. This past week I switched over to Beachbody and did the first week of Body Beast (Chest/Tri, legs, and Back/Biceps). I skipped the shoulder only workout because I feel like my shoulders get plenty of work throughout the week and didn't want to dedicate an entire workout to them.

Karie - quite a few of my friends have mentioned spinning during their pregnancies which is making me wonder if I should be focusing a little more on cardio vs strength workouts. Having never gone through this before it's just so hard to know what will be the best for my body and of course what works well for one person may not work for me. So who knows! LOL! I'm trying to just keep lots of variety in what I'm doing and hope that it pays off in the end. Last week I did one of the Cathe Live workouts with the Fit Tower. It included a lot of barre work for the legs. OHMYGOODNESS!!! My legs were on fire for days after that workout! LOL. It was a good reminder that you don't have to make huge changes to really shock your body. My legs didn't know what had hit them!

Hope you both are dong well! And I'm with you Karie, being pregnant is definitely not my favorite! I do feel like it's going fast though. I can't believe I'm already 4 months along.

Hi Ladies -

Hope you are both doing well. I'm very excited to report the results of our gender reveal---it's a girl! :) My husband and I are so excited (although truth be told we would have been happy either way, lol). I'm about 16.5 weeks along now and have been feeling great (knock on wood) except for a nasty cold with lots of cough/congestion. No one warned me that your immune system goes to shit when you are pregnant, but to be honest I'll take a cold over that 1st trimester nausea any day!!! It's been two weeks since the cold started so I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

As far as workouts go I've still been focusing on 2-3 days of strength training (usually 2 upper body and 1 lower body) and then filling the rest of the week with bootcamp/circuit style workouts and/or gentle cardio. The week before Memorial Day I focused on the strength workouts from Ripped with Hiit. This past week I switched over to Beachbody and did the first week of Body Beast (Chest/Tri, legs, and Back/Biceps). I skipped the shoulder only workout because I feel like my shoulders get plenty of work throughout the week and didn't want to dedicate an entire workout to them.

Karie - quite a few of my friends have mentioned spinning during their pregnancies which is making me wonder if I should be focusing a little more on cardio vs strength workouts. Having never gone through this before it's just so hard to know what will be the best for my body and of course what works well for one person may not work for me. So who knows! LOL! I'm trying to just keep lots of variety in what I'm doing and hope that it pays off in the end. Last week I did one of the Cathe Live workouts with the Fit Tower. It included a lot of barre work for the legs. OHMYGOODNESS!!! My legs were on fire for days after that workout! LOL. It was a good reminder that you don't have to make huge changes to really shock your body. My legs didn't know what had hit them!

Hope you both are dong well! And I'm with you Karie, being pregnant is definitely not my favorite! I do feel like it's going fast though. I can't believe I'm already 4 months along.

Yay! Congratulations on your baby girl. I love my little girl so much. I don’t k ow what to expect having a boy but I know I will love him just the same. Great work on your workouts. I really need to try some of Cathe’s Fit tower workouts. I have the fit tower and haven’t done a single workout with it (). Pinning is great but since you haven’t done it I’d wait until after your pregnancy. They always say don’t try anything new at this time.

I’ve been doing ok. I’ve been pretty frustrated with workouts. It just seems like everything is so much harder this time. All workouts seem to move so fast and I can’t seem to keep up. Unfortunately I don’t feel all that great most days. Just really fatigued and crampy. But at least not nausea so I’ll take it. I had this last week off and spent it with my little girl. I loved it but boy it’s exhausting! I think going to work is easier lol. Hope you all have a great week!

Thank you! Being a first-timer I would have been happy either way, but I am really excited to have a little girl. :) If you bought the newer fit tower, the DVDs that came with it are on the easier side -- so something that might be great to explore on the days when our energy just isn't there. I had completely forgotten about them so I'll have to dig mine out. The Advanced set she did a couple years ago for the tower is great too...but definitely move at a pace more in line with Cathe's style. I'm actually not new to spinning (I even have a spinning bike at home) I just haven't been using it regularly. Last month I did do one of Kelly Coffey's RAW R&R workouts where she alternates intervals between spinning and weights work. It was perfect for me since to your point I haven't been spinning regularly so the spinning sections were broken up into segments instead of being a 100% spinning workout. My legs were definitely like "what are you doing to me?".

Speaking of Kelly's Raw workouts, I'm still really enjoying my subscription as well as revisiting some of the Kelly workouts I have on DVD. I like them for days when I'm short on time because she really does get a lot accomplished in 30 minutes. I also like that she includes a modifier on her DVD workouts because I can see myself moving over to following the modifier once by belly gets a little bigger. Some of her Raw workouts clock in closer to 40-45 minutes so it's nice to have the option to choose a slightly longer workout if I want. The only thing I feel like her Raw subscription is missing is her DVD workouts. She includes some of the premixes from a few of her DVDs, but it's definitely not the entire collection like Cathe does with her OnDemand channel. There's so many DVD workouts of hers that I haven't tried, but I'm not really looking to add to my DVD collection these days. I really enjoy the ease of use and absence of "clutter" that comes with just signing up for a streaming service. However, since I've been enjoying her workouts so much lately I decided to treat myself last weekend and was going to order a new DVD or two. As I was researching which 1-2 to buy a thought popped into my head so I decided to check the local library to see if they had any of her videos. To my amazement they did--including several of her newer ones!! They have 8 total that I don't have so I'm looking forward to exploring those over the next few weeks! And the nice thing is that it saved me some $$$.

As far as strength workouts go--I continued my revisiting of Sagi and Body Beast and did three of his workouts from "A Hard Week of Labor" (2 Upper body and 1 lower body). The nice thing about any of Sagi's workouts is that the man rambles on so much in between moves so there's quite a rest/break. In the past some of long rest periods would get on my nerves and I would find myself fast forwarding, but now that I'm pregnant I actually enjoy them (especially on days where I'm moving slower). On days that I'm feeling more energetic I just simply insert walking in place and/or light jogging in place during those rests. Despite the long rests they are good, no nonsense weight workouts so they definitely get the job done. I do modify some of the moves to make them safer for pregnancy and clearly I'm not trying to break any personal records with the weights I choose....but I'm still getting a pretty good workout from them.

Hope you start feeling more like yourself soon! The exhaustion can be tough. I had the same week off of work that you did and to be honest I spent several days relaxing at the pool due to low energy. I've been feeling more crampy this week too. Not sure if it's round ligament pain or what...but it's been annoying to say the least. How many weeks are you now? I'm 17 so still a ways to go, but I have to admit in a way I feel like the time is flying. I can't believe I'll be at the halfway mark here in just a few weeks.

Hi there! Sounds like you are doing great! I ended up canceling my kcm subscription as I wasn’t using it that much. I enjoy most of her workouts but not the biggest fan of boxing. I did enjoy her ripped and ride workouts. The workouts I choose most often on studio sweat on demand are Spin Sculpt classes which combine spinning with weight training segments. I have a hard time just doing spinning for a whole hour. I wish also Kelly would put her dvs on her streaming site like Cathe. Maybe one day.

I’m currently 22 weeks. Next weeks marks 6 months pregnant Time is flying. I had a c section with my daughter so I just got scheduled for my next one on October 9th. Doctor told me that he’s measuring the size of 24 weeks. My daughter was 9 pounds 6 ounces so no doubt this will be a big boy. I started getting some low back and pelvic pain this week most likely due to the instability created from the relaxin hormone on my pelvis. So lunges are a no go as they totally cause me discomfort. Still tired but I think it’s due to not sleeping well as I’m naturally a belly sleeper and can no longer do that.

I’ve heard good things about body beast. I should do a trial run of beach body on demand to check it out.

Do you guys have a name picked already?

Hi ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well! I got to enjoy a few weeks of feeling pretty good. The last few days I’m back to being frustrated:(. I’m starting to swell, my back is killing me and I can’t finish a work out to save my life! I see why most women have all their babies by now (I’m 37)!
I have no idea what I want to do in terms of delivery. With my first, my labor started with my water breaking. It caused fetal intolerance (heart rate dropped due to loss of amniotic fluid). I needed c section. Recovery was fine, but I was much stronger then than I am now I feel like.
I would love to avoid a c section just because of emerging science about the microbiome. My sons gut was never seeded properly because he didn’t pass thru the birth canal. And as result has leaky gut, allergies, and eczema. But honestly, I’m not sure if I can handle a VBAC! I hear these stories of women laboring for days and I don’t know if I can handle it!!
I’m just so discouraged right now. Having to stop a workout half way thru several days in a row is not good for your self esteem

Hi ladies!! Hope everyone is doing well! I got to enjoy a few weeks of feeling pretty good. The last few days I’m back to being frustrated:(. I’m starting to swell, my back is killing me and I can’t finish a work out to save my life! I see why most women have all their babies by now (I’m 37)!
I have no idea what I want to do in terms of delivery. With my first, my labor started with my water breaking. It caused fetal intolerance (heart rate dropped due to loss of amniotic fluid). I needed c section. Recovery was fine, but I was much stronger then than I am now I feel like.
I would love to avoid a c section just because of emerging science about the microbiome. My sons gut was never seeded properly because he didn’t pass thru the birth canal. And as result has leaky gut, allergies, and eczema. But honestly, I’m not sure if I can handle a VBAC! I hear these stories of women laboring for days and I don’t know if I can handle it!!
I’m just so discouraged right now. Having to stop a workout half way thru several days in a row is not good for your self esteem

I’m sorry you have not been doing well but can so relate. How far along are you now? It’s so hard to just accept where we are isn’t it? I keep forcing myself to workout but to be honest I’m ready to stop. But I’m fearful of losing so much cardiovascular and muscle endurance. Like you my back hurts and my round ligament gets sore. I’m out of breath most days. I feel like this little guy is sitting so high compared to my daughter so I feel uncomfortable. I don’t feel like I have any room for him to grow! Truth be hold I have not enjoyed this pregnancy one bit but I know I will enjoy the outcome. I think we just need to give ourselves a break and stop comparing this pregnancy to our previous one (so hard!)

As far as vbac, I have not advice on this. I had a c section with my daughter and will have another one with this one. I understand where you are coming from with the benefits of a vaginal birth though. But my doctor told me not to try a vaginal birth because I have very narrow hips and won’t be able to pass the baby through the birth canal. I had a great experience with my first c section and expect the same with this one. Maybe read some stories that are positive on vbac. I’m sure there are Tons of stories where women had quick births. There will always be negative ones out there so try to not read those ever lol There’s horrible stories even on regular first time births. It’s just the unknow which is so scary.

Sorry I’m rambling and not sure any of this helped. Just know you aren’t alone.

Not sure either one of you guys are on social media but I’ve been following hotandhealthylife and briannabattles which are athletes that specialize in pre and post pregnancy. They have some great info if you want to check it out

Hang in there ladies! We are getting there

Hi Ladies -

How is everyone doing? I'm 21 weeks today and knock on wood I've been feeling great. We had our 20 week anatomy scan last week and so far all is well with baby girl :). I'm still working out 6 days a week, but the intensity obviously varies from day to day. Today was leg day so I decided to switch things up and did the Booty workout from Phase 1, Week 3 80 Day Obsession. This workout does not use weights, just loops. I thought it would be a nice change from the more traditional leg day workouts I've been doing. And boy was I right--my booty is already feeling some soreness from this morning's workout. It's been nice not following a strict workout rotation with this pregnancy. I get workout ADD really easily so all the variety has been great for that! LOL!

I have noticed that I've needed to cut down on some of the higher impact moves as they just feel more uncomfortable in my pelvic area. I honestly don't know how some women manage to continue running their entire pregnancy. They are super women for sure! I can still do a little jumping/bouncing, but I am definitely leaning more towards low impact workouts these days.

Looking forward to the long holiday weekend (I'm off both tomorrow and Friday). I'd like to get back to cleaning out the room that will be the nursery. We were doing such a great job at it earlier this month but the last few weekends have been nonstop busy. Thankfully I still feel like I have plenty of time...I just know how quickly time can fly though. I can't believe I'm halfway done with my pregnancy now! It's going to be over before I even know it. As tough as pregnancy is, I'm trying my best to be grateful for this experience.

Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Hi Ladies -

How is everyone doing? I'm 21 weeks today and knock on wood I've been feeling great. We had our 20 week anatomy scan last week and so far all is well with baby girl :). I'm still working out 6 days a week, but the intensity obviously varies from day to day. Today was leg day so I decided to switch things up and did the Booty workout from Phase 1, Week 3 80 Day Obsession. This workout does not use weights, just loops. I thought it would be a nice change from the more traditional leg day workouts I've been doing. And boy was I right--my booty is already feeling some soreness from this morning's workout. It's been nice not following a strict workout rotation with this pregnancy. I get workout ADD really easily so all the variety has been great for that! LOL!

I have noticed that I've needed to cut down on some of the higher impact moves as they just feel more uncomfortable in my pelvic area. I honestly don't know how some women manage to continue running their entire pregnancy. They are super women for sure! I can still do a little jumping/bouncing, but I am definitely leaning more towards low impact workouts these days.

Looking forward to the long holiday weekend (I'm off both tomorrow and Friday). I'd like to get back to cleaning out the room that will be the nursery. We were doing such a great job at it earlier this month but the last few weekends have been nonstop busy. Thankfully I still feel like I have plenty of time...I just know how quickly time can fly though. I can't believe I'm halfway done with my pregnancy now! It's going to be over before I even know it. As tough as pregnancy is, I'm trying my best to be grateful for this experience.

Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Sounds like you are plugging along nicely! I hear you on the high impact moves being uncomfortable. With this one and my last, running and jumping stopped between 18-20 weeks. I look at women running a week before they give birth and it amazes me. But I’m sure yours (and mine) pelvic floor will thank us for that later lol. 80 day obsession has always peaked my interest. Have you done the whole program?

I will be 26 weeks tomorrow (Wednesday). I had my glucose test last Friday and will get the results on Thursday. I’m hoping I passed. I failed this one with my daughter by 2 points and had to do the 4 hour one which sucked. Time is going quickly but I’m really starting to get uncomfortable. I’m definitely bigger this time around. My belly now at 6 months is as big as I got when my daughter was born so I’m a little anxious at just how much bigger I’m going to get. I’ve still been spinning for cardio and various total body weight training workouts. I’m getting more short of breath during workouts I’ve noticed. I’ve cut the time down on my spin workouts from 60 minutes to 30 minutes.

I’m getting a littl anxious about how my daughter will handle the new baby and adjust to not being the only child. I’m trying to think positively but those nervous negative thoughts creep in every once in a while.

Hi Ladies - How's everyone doing? I'm currently 23.5 weeks pregnant and have officially popped in the last few weeks. There's definitely no confusion about whether I'm pregnant now! LOL. And baby girl has been moving up a storm. Since I'm still in the second trimester I'm still feeling pretty good (knock on wood). I know that could change at any moment though so I just try to be thankful for every day that I wake up feeling decent. I'm still keeping up with my workouts although I am having to make various modifications as my stomach expands. My workouts are definitely less intense than they were pre-pregnancy but I've just been proud of myself for staying active. I am going to try to keep this up for as long as I can. I've definitely mentally prepared myself for the day I wake up and realize that all I feel like doing is talking a walk though. But until then, I'm going to just keep doing what I've been doing.

Karie - How did your glucose test go? I have my 24 week check up on Wednesday so I'm expecting my Dr to bring this up. Not looking forward to it, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Oh and to answer your question about 80 Day Obsession--yes I have done the entire program. I went through it ~ twice last year. I loved it--it completely reshaped my bottom half since there's a large focus on the abs/booty/etc. I was going through another rotation of it early this year when I found out I was pregnant. I finished up phase 2 during the first trimester (before I started feeling really really bad), but did not move on to Phase 3. There's a lot of focus on core moves in many of the workouts which is one of the reasons Autumn does not recommend the program for women that are pregnant so I decided it was best to not continue with the program at this time. I do look forward to revisiting it sometime postpartum, but I don't expect that to be for quite awhile. I want to make sure my core has properly healed before going back to such a program, not to mention the workouts are on the longer side (most clock in around an hour except for cardio and leg day) and I'm assuming I'll be too sleep deprived at the beginning to tackle such long workouts. I will warn you it's a program you really have to stick out though. When it first came out a lot of people gave up after the first few weeks because it does feel like it starts out on the easier side. The program does get progressively tougher as it goes on though and Autumn does bump up her weights by the time you hit Phase 2. You also repeat the same exercises for the entire Phase. So the exercises for Leg day in Phase 1 are the same each week. Then in Phase 2 you get all new exercises. However, she does change up the rep pattern each week so to me it didn't necessarily feel like we were repeating the same workout week after week. For example doing exercises for 15 reps for three sets feels different than doing 10 reps. Plus you are hopefully increasing your weights from week to week.

Not sure what program I will do postpartum (once I'm cleared to exercise), but I'm assuming I'll start off with something more on the 30 minutes side. Thankfully I have plenty of time to figure that out....although I have to admit that I cannot believe I am more than halfway through this pregnancy. Some days it feels like time is ticking away so slowly and on others it feels like it is all flying by!

Hope you both are doing well!

Hi ladies! Hope you are all well. I have made it to the third trimester! 2.5 months left to go. Even though I have not felt well at all this whole pregnancy, the time is going so quickly. But I really am tired of being pregnant. I’m just uncomfortable all the time and now my sleep is really starting to suffer. I’m still working out. I’ve cut down to 4 days a week at this point. I have been doing 3 spin sculpt classes from studio sweat on demand and one leg day from Cathe. Spinning still is the only cardio I can do comfortably. I can’t even power walk for cardio. I made it to 37 weeks with my daughter working out. I think I may tap out before that this time around but we will see. So far I’ve gained 25lbs. I gained 40 with my daughter (she weighted 9lb 6oz at birth). I’ve had lots of digestive issues this pregnancy so that has really limited my urge to splurge lol. I saw the doctor last week and they are measuring this boy a pound heavier then the average weight for 28 weeks. So it looks like i’m well on my way to another big baby. My husband is 6’4” so i guess that’s to be expected.

Sarbear: thanks for all the information on 80 day obsession. I will definitely check it out after i’m Back to regular workouts. I love working my core and glutes. I feel my upper body responds to weights quickly but my lower body requires more focus so it sounds like the perfect program. Do you have beach body on demand or did you just buy the program?
I’m happy you have been feeling well. I did pass my glucose test. YAY! I actually like the taste of the drink they give you lol. Getting back after baby i plan on starting back up running and there is a free post pregnancy plan on www.benderfitness.com which i plan to follow along with. I really like Melissa Benders workouts. Minimal equipment and they are short so you can mix and match or double them up to make longer workouts. She just announced she is pregnant with number 2. So check her out.

Shannon: i hope you are hanging in there and are not being too hard on yourself. You are almost there!

Hi girls!
Today I'm officially 26 weeks so I'm slowly but surely getting closer to the end of the 2nd trimester. I have to admit I have been really blessed after the horrible 1st trimester I went through--the 2nd has been a dream! I'm so scared that it'll all change once I hit the third though.
I had my glucose test last week and somehow totally bombed it. I mean I didn't just miss it by a few points--I missed it by a lot. Was sent back to do the 3-hour test (yay me, lol). I opted to do it two days later because I honestly just wanted to get it over with and really just wanted to know if I have GD or not. Only bad part of it was that I did the 3-hour on a Friday and had to agonize over the weekend until I heard from my doctor regarding my results on Monday. Thankfully, they contacted me early on Monday to let me know that my numbers from the 3-hour test came back completely normal :)(throws confetti in air). No clue what happened during the 1-hour but in talking to folks and googling like crazy it sounds like failing the 1-hour test and then passing the 3-hour is more common than you would think! I'm just so thankful!

I'm still working out regularly (~6 times a week), but of course the intensity and workout times have gotten a little shorter. I'm still jumping around a lot between Cathe, Kelly, and the occasional Beachbody workout. Beachbody has a few prenatal workouts in their OnDemand library so on days when I've needed something a little "lighter" I've tried out a few of those workouts. This week I'm dabbling in Beachbody's Liift4 program where each workout is a combination of weight work + hiit work. The workouts are a little shorter (35-40 min on average) so that's nice. When this program was originally released last year I tried a few of the workouts but didn't think they were as challenging/advanced as I would have liked --- now that I'm 6+ mo's prego they are almost perfect! LOL! I am modifying the hiit portion though subbing in lower impact/pregnancy friendly moves....but am still getting a good workout. Not sure if I'll go through the entire program or just dabble in it for a week or two....we shall see. It'll all depend on how I feel I guess as things continue to progress.

Kari - yes, you have to have Beachbody OnDemand in order to 80 Day Obsession. I'm not even sure Beachbody is making DVD's any more because so many of their new programs are being filmed in real time with a new workout for each day of the program. For example their new program which will be released in October -- Morning Meltdown 100 includes "100" unique workouts. That's a lot of workouts to put on DVD's! As you can tell from my posts I have subscriptions to several different streaming sites. I like having the variety I guess! LOL. Plus I rationalize it because I'm still spending less than most gym memberships. And thank you so much for the reminder about blenderfitness. I do follow her on social media and used to do her workouts on occasion but it's been years! I'll definitely take a look at her post pregnancy plan! That's a great idea!

Hang in there girl -- the finish line is just about in site! Your baby boy is going to be here before you know it! :)

Hi girls!
Today I'm officially 26 weeks so I'm slowly but surely getting closer to the end of the 2nd trimester. I have to admit I have been really blessed after the horrible 1st trimester I went through--the 2nd has been a dream! I'm so scared that it'll all change once I hit the third though.
I had my glucose test last week and somehow totally bombed it. I mean I didn't just miss it by a few points--I missed it by a lot. Was sent back to do the 3-hour test (yay me, lol). I opted to do it two days later because I honestly just wanted to get it over with and really just wanted to know if I have GD or not. Only bad part of it was that I did the 3-hour on a Friday and had to agonize over the weekend until I heard from my doctor regarding my results on Monday. Thankfully, they contacted me early on Monday to let me know that my numbers from the 3-hour test came back completely normal :)(throws confetti in air). No clue what happened during the 1-hour but in talking to folks and googling like crazy it sounds like failing the 1-hour test and then passing the 3-hour is more common than you would think! I'm just so thankful!

I'm still working out regularly (~6 times a week), but of course the intensity and workout times have gotten a little shorter. I'm still jumping around a lot between Cathe, Kelly, and the occasional Beachbody workout. Beachbody has a few prenatal workouts in their OnDemand library so on days when I've needed something a little "lighter" I've tried out a few of those workouts. This week I'm dabbling in Beachbody's Liift4 program where each workout is a combination of weight work + hiit work. The workouts are a little shorter (35-40 min on average) so that's nice. When this program was originally released last year I tried a few of the workouts but didn't think they were as challenging/advanced as I would have liked --- now that I'm 6+ mo's prego they are almost perfect! LOL! I am modifying the hiit portion though subbing in lower impact/pregnancy friendly moves....but am still getting a good workout. Not sure if I'll go through the entire program or just dabble in it for a week or two....we shall see. It'll all depend on how I feel I guess as things continue to progress.

Kari - yes, you have to have Beachbody OnDemand in order to 80 Day Obsession. I'm not even sure Beachbody is making DVD's any more because so many of their new programs are being filmed in real time with a new workout for each day of the program. For example their new program which will be released in October -- Morning Meltdown 100 includes "100" unique workouts. That's a lot of workouts to put on DVD's! As you can tell from my posts I have subscriptions to several different streaming sites. I like having the variety I guess! LOL. Plus I rationalize it because I'm still spending less than most gym memberships. And thank you so much for the reminder about blenderfitness. I do follow her on social media and used to do her workouts on occasion but it's been years! I'll definitely take a look at her post pregnancy plan! That's a great idea!

Hang in there girl -- the finish line is just about in site! Your baby boy is going to be here before you know it! :)

Hi there! Hanging in there! I’m now 31.5 weeks! Since I’m having a c section at 39 weeks I only have 7.5 weeks left Though this has been a tougher pregnancy as far as feeling well, it has gone by very fast. I’m starting to get more anxious about the transition from 1-2 kids. There is a great website called takingcareofbabies.com that has a lot of great info from newborns to 24 months. I plan on purchasing the newborn class as I feel like I could have done better creating a routine and initiation of good sleep patterns then I did with my daughter.
I’m down to 4 workouts a week. 2 cardio and 2 strength. My cardio is 30-40 minute spin classes and strength is one lower body day and one leg day which is always Cathe. I’ve gained 30lbs so far so I’m on track. I gained 40 with my daughter.

Sarbear: I too failed the one hour glucose test with my daughter. Literally by 2 points and I had a hard time fasting and doing the 3 hour test. So this time I ate lower carb for the 2 days prior to the test and passed the one hour test on the first go. But from what I hear a lot of women fail the one hour test . Sounds like things are smooth sailing for you which is great! Does the baby move a lot? My son is all over the place!

Hi girls!
Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a busy past month. My hubby and I went on our "babymoon"/vacation about a month ago and ever since we got back things have been a whirlwind. We've started taking our baby classes at the hospital the last few weeks--infant safety/CPR, hospital maternity tour, breastfeeding, and in a few weeks we will do an all day birthing class. I'm 30.5 weeks now so the 3rd trimester is upon me and things are really starting to feel real! We still have so much left to do--paint the nursery, buy furniture, etc. but we are slowly but surely making our way through our to-do list. There always seems to be too much to do and just not enough time to do it all...but I'm trying not to stress.

Still working out ~6 days a week, but now that I'm in the 3rd trimester I'm not sure how much longer that will last. I'm still doing Beachbody's Liift4 program. It's 4/days a week for 8 weeks so I've just been slowly making my way through the program. I like that it combines traditional lifting with hiit cardio--although I do modify the hiit moves to make them a little more pregnancy friendly (so no burpees, mountain climbers, etc. for me). I like that the workouts are 30-40 minutes long because it allows me to add on short segments from other workouts as a finisher. Last month I signed up for the Bloom method which is a streaming website that specializes in pre and post natal workouts for mamas. Their workouts have really helped me put more focus on diaphragmatic breathing and strengthening my core/pelvic floor. I also purchased Tracy Anderson's Pregnancy Project DVD set (it was only five dollars on ebay for all 9 DVDs). While I've never been a huge fan of Tracy's method, mainly because she likes to rep you to death on lower body moves and her upperbody work incorporates such small weights - but I have to admit I'm really enjoying her pregnancy workouts. They are fairly gentle and she keeps the rep counts to a normal amount. I'll throw in the upperbody or lowerbody segment from one of the DVDs as a nice little finisher to my Liift4 workouts.

Hope you girls are still hanging in there! Time is seriously flying by and our little ones are going to be here before we know it!

Oh and Karie -- Just took a look at that takingcareofbabies website you recommended! THANK YOU!!! I may have to look into doing that newborn class as well. I feel so unprepared!!!

Oh and Karie -- Just took a look at that takingcareofbabies website you recommended! THANK YOU!!! I may have to look into doing that newborn class as well. I feel so unprepared!!!

Hi!
Looks like you are doing great! I can’t believe we are all coming to the end. Seems like it was just yesterday we started this thread. I have 24 days left (but who’s counting lol) I’m not sleeping well at all. Have to get up to pee every hour pretty much and I’m just uncomfortable. I only managed 2 workouts last week and have decided to throw in the towel with working out. It’s just too uncomfortable at this point and I think I’ve done good enough considering how I have felt this whole pregnancy. I only have 9 more days of work until maternity leave. I just can’t believe how quick time is passing.

I hope you benefit from that website. I haven’t downloaded the program yet but plan to. I haven’t gotten any stuff for the baby. I need to get another car seat and if course clothes. I decided not to have a baby shower with this one. I really hate being the center of attention.

Tonight my mom and I are bringing my daughter to see Disney on Ice. Should be fun. My daughter always comes up to my belly and says “baby brother in there” which is so cute. I hope her jealousy isn’t too bad once he’s here.

I plan on checking out beach body once I get back to workouts after baby. Seems like there’s a lot of good ones out there. Last time I ordered anything from them was when P90X3 came out sonits been a while. Hope you both are doing well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.