2011 Goals!!

kblover

Cathlete
Hey all,

This year I really want to follow through on all those goals that I put in the 'someday' category. I would also like to add some fun and exciting goals but I'm having some trouble coming up with them, so I wanted to hear what you are all planning...as well as any kinds of rewards you have set up for yourself.

Yep, I'm looking to possible 'borrow' them for myself! haha.

anyway, I'd love to hear from you!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

My yearly goal is to travel to at least one new place. It doesn’t necessarily have to be too far from home, but it’s just about getting out there and exploring as much as I can.

I also maintain a life list, inspired by John Goddard (here’s a link if you want to check out some of his incredible accomplishments: http://www.johngoddard.info/life_list.htm), and these goals don’t necessarily have a specific time frame. However, one goal that I do want to make happen in 2011 is to take a digital photography course.

In terms of fitness goals, when I reach my fightin’ weight, I plan to reward myself with professional teeth whitening. I had it done about 3 years ago, and though it was spendy, I was very pleased with the results and would like to do it again.

I had planned to run my first half marathon in May, but then read "Marathoning for Mortals" and realized I was pushing myself too far too soon... so I'm skipping the May one and concentrating on July. So...

Run the Finger Lakes Fifties 25k Trail Run in July. Not concentrating on a finishing time for this one, maybe next year.

Get my daughter running with me, starting in the spring, without turning her off to it.

Pay off my Best Buy credit card and not immediately run it up again buying new equipment I don't need.

Help my daughter realize what a dumb show The Suite Life is so she'll stop watching it.

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl,

In terms of fitness goals, when I reach my fightin’ weight, I plan to reward myself with professional teeth whitening. I had it done about 3 years ago, and though it was spendy, I was very pleased with the results and would like to do it again.

I think the whitening is only "spendy" the first time, since you have to pay for the molds. I don't think it will be as bad the second time around. I may do that for myself again. I did mine about 4 years ago and it has lasted pretty well, but now I drink coffee and red wine - which I didn't do then.

My 2011 Fitness Goals

my 2011 fitness goals to date are:

In 2011 I'm a Runner. I don't know how far I'll run or how long I'll run. Probably no cheering crowds but hopefully also no pain in my toe, foot, Achilles, calf, shin, knee, quad, hamstring, butt, hip, or low back, that's the goal. This year I'm a Runner.

In 2011 I'm a Kicker. Last year marked my first kickbox workouts, starting with the few kicks across the board in Low Max, and after trying out KPC in the Timesaver, I knew I wanted to do more of this. Now after several different instructor videos, I want to kick better, won't be kicking the stuffing out of boyfriends heavy bag anytime soon, but this year I'm a Kicker.

In 2011 I'm a Jumper. No measuring (well maybe vertical?), getting through the plyo sections of all the Cathe Workouts I do, It would be really cool to do all the plié jacks and get the air jacks/tuck jumps. This year I'm a Jumper.

That's it so far.......:)

DM is 61 and starting to look at her bucket list. So this year we are taking a sign language class for which we are already signed up.

Last year my goal was to not be admitted to the hospital and I made it. I only had 5 (I think) trips to the ER. In my perfect year I wouldn't be admitted to the hospital or have any trips to the ER, but I can't control that, so doing what is in my power to take control of my health is on the list.

I've considered the tooth whitening and it's still of definite interest to me. I am now also considering some laser hair removal. Better stop buying work out vids/equipment for a while if I want to be able to pay for these procedures! :p

great topic

Well, fitness wise I would like to be able to run a 12 min. mile. In my neighborhood there are hills that I eek out a 20 min. pace on (who put this straight up hill here???:eek:) and then there are places where I clock in under 10 min./mile. I was always the slowest in my school. I would like to see an overall pace of 12 min/mile on my own personal 5k track. So, goal time is 37 min. or less.

As for my weight, my goal is to get back into weight loss mode, I hit a terrible snag with new medication last year which is known to put weight on women. Luckily I only put on 3 pounds but that was on top of 3 pounds I put on with another round of medication. So, instead of being just 46 pounds over I'm 53 pounds overweight. I would like to stay in weight loss mode until I see my goal weight which is 130.

Release my own bad self talk. I have a tendency to allow my thoughts to run wild including bad self talk, I don't deserve to ball myself out in my own head, its time to release that demon.

I would like to take up playing violin again. At least 4 days/week, 20-30 min. a session. Of course this means buying strings, but, thats ok.

I've already started the ball rolling on graduate school and I'm hoping that my Dad and I are employed close to home within the next 8 weeks. Having an income is my goal.

I think the whitening is only "spendy" the first time, since you have to pay for the molds. I don't think it will be as bad the second time around. I may do that for myself again. I did mine about 4 years ago and it has lasted pretty well, but now I drink coffee and red wine - which I didn't do then.

Now THAT is good news!

If you like digital photography check out the "This Week in Photography" podcast, its free and fun for in the car, they talk about different topics every week.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Is it an iTunes thing?

RapidBreath said:
If you like digital photography check out the "This Week in Photography" podcast, its free and fun for in the car, they talk about different topics every week.

I actually bought a new camera for Christmas with this exact thing in mind. I'll have to check out that podcast!

My goals for 2011 include volunteering more, running a 1/2 marathon and losing the same 10 pounds I lose & re-gain very year.

My goals for 2011 are:

1. be a smaller me by 2012
2. do 275 workouts in 2012
3. get rid of unnecessary clutter in my home
4. pay down my debt

I actually bought a new camera for Christmas with this exact thing in mind. I'll have to check out that podcast!

Ooh, what kind did you get?

I bought a DSLR in February, a few months after the birth of my niece. Somehow it made me want to get back into photography after many years. I'm actually thinking of completing a digital photography certificate program at either one of the local community colleges or a nearby university. Haven't quite decided yet.

Love resolutions!

1-learn to downhill ski
2-Get ACE Personal Trainer Cert
3-complete sprint triathalon
4- PR @ Alaska Marathon in August
5- Set PR's for the 5k and Marathon

This year i'm going say "i love you" even more often than I already do. I'm going to hug my family and friends every chance I get. I'm going to tell the stranger in the elevator that I love her purse. I'm not going to get angry when the line at the grocery store is too long. I'm going to spend less money on more of what I already have and i'm gonna dig the extra change out of my pockets for people who need it more than I do.

Motto for 2011... "i really can make a difference"

2011 Goals:
My mantra will be: Eat clean- I WILL NOT EAT FAST FOOD--- EVER!! (we will see how long
this goal will stand)

Pay off all debt and pay off the mortgage (very close on this one)

Get at least 3 Yoga sessions in weekly, kinda hard when the first 5 months are an STS/Kettlebell rotation

Here's to a happy, healthy New Year!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.