20 Years!

cab0899

Cathlete
I believe it was 20 years ago, that I bought my first Cathe workout, Fit & Firm, on VHS. I don't actually remember what year it was, but the date on the VHS tape is 1992 and it was either then or soon after that I bought it.

I have been doing your workouts almost exclusively for 20 years, I have every single workout and have participated in every presale I think. I often follow your monthly rotations and sometimes my DH and kids work out along side of me. No one else in my real life does your workouts:(:( and so I spend lots of time on the forums to spend time with other Cathe fans.

I have to say that I am so excited and so very nervous about attending my first road trip!! I have signed up for the Chicago road trip. I am from smaller city in Canada and so travelling to the road trips seemed out of reach but Chicago was finally doable. DH was so supportive and pushed me to sign up. The whole thing seems like a bizarre dream.

I can be quite shy and I'm worried that when I actually get to meet you, I'll be too nervous to actually introduce myself.
Can I bring my Fit & Firm VHS tape for an autograph??
Kim

Congrats, Kim, on working out with Cathe for 20 years! That is definitely an accomplishment and one you know myself and other forum members will appreciate! (not to mention Cathe herself!)

I've only been working out with Cathe for about 7 years, but like you, I prefer Cathe's workouts to other instructors. She is top-notch! I'm jealous you are going on a roadtrip. That is on my bucket list to be sure! I'm from ND so the Chicago roadtrip is definitely doable distance-wise, but it is just not in the budget for me this time around. I do hope Cathe keeps doing midwest trips every once in a while - because sometime I will do one! And you can bet when I sign on the dotted line I will be doing a happy dance!

I only know of one other woman in my real life who exercises to Cathe and that is because of my recommendation! :D Like you, that's why I really love these forums. A great way to connect with like-minded women, who might be different in some ways, but are similiar in the most important way -- that we all love Cathe!

Have fun on the roadtrip!
-Kara-

cab0899 said:
I believe it was 20 years ago, that I bought my first Cathe workout, Fit & Firm, on VHS. I don't actually remember what year it was, but the date on the VHS tape is 1992 and it was either then or soon after that I bought it.

I have been doing your workouts almost exclusively for 20 years, I have every single workout and have participated in every presale I think. I often follow your monthly rotations and sometimes my DH and kids work out along side of me. No one else in my real life does your workouts:(:( and so I spend lots of time on the forums to spend time with other Cathe fans.

I have to say that I am so excited and so very nervous about attending my first road trip!! I have signed up for the Chicago road trip. I am from smaller city in Canada and so travelling to the road trips seemed out of reach but Chicago was finally doable. DH was so supportive and pushed me to sign up. The whole thing seems like a bizarre dream.

I can be quite shy and I'm worried that when I actually get to meet you, I'll be too nervous to actually introduce myself.
Can I bring my Fit & Firm VHS tape for an autograph??
Kim

Kim, I can't wait to meet you in Chicago! Find me at the RT and I'll be glad to introduce you to Cathe! :D

Def bring your F&F tape with you. Cathe is always sooo great about taking time to autograph our things.

Wow, 20 years? That is so great. I discovered Cathe in 1999 and sometimes wonder what I would have done if I hadn't.

Looking forward to seeing you!!!

Kara, I hope to meet you someday too!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Kim, how the heck did a Canadian get introduced to Cathe's workouts so early on??? CK Sales or Collage Video? I really wish Cathe was on of the VHS's I ordered from Collage way back when. We Canadians have such a poor selection of excercise videos here even to this day:confused:

Can't wait to meet face to face after all this time roomy:p

And don't worry, Debbie or I won't let you be SHY that weekend:p:D

Aww, thanks for the nice replies! Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago, Debbie!

Kara, I sure hope you get a chance to go on a road trip soon! Maybe if there is another one in the Midwest, I can drive and pick you up on the way;) as I live just across the border in Manitoba.

Patricia, would you believe I bought my first Cathe VHS in the Eaton's store in Winnipeg? That was the only one I got in a retail store. I'm not sure if Cathe wants me to bring it along, it has quite the picture on the cover:eek: I pulled it out yesterday, and dd didn't believe me it was the same Cathe.

Hi Kim,

Just wanted to tell you that Cathe will put you completely at ease when you meet her for the first time so don't be nervous and I'm looking forward to meeting you on the RT!!!!

Bev

Just wanted to chime in - congrats on 20 years! I'm not too far behind you it seems with doing Cathe exclusively. I went on a Road Trip in 2009. You'll fit right in - we're all Cathe groupies!

Definitely bring anything for her to sign. I didn't, but I know she loves that! I'm sure that picture will make her laugh for sure!!!

So glad your DH talked you into going. Have tons of fun! They have great food too!

PS: I come on the forums too to chat with like-minded people. No one around me will workout like I do at home either! Weird huh?:rolleyes:

You will have a great time!

I went to Glassboro on a RT a couple of years ago and everyone was so fun and friendly -- Cathe most of all!

I totally understand when you say it's like a bizarre dream, though. During one of the classes with Cathe she was actually on the other side of my step, stepping with me, and it was freaky -- in the best sort of way!:eek::eek::eek: It was dreamlike, after years of working out with her on TV, to have her in front of me!

I'm sure you'll have wonderful "face-time" moments with Cathe and everyone. Enjoy!!!! :D

Thanks everyone! I've packed my first cathe VHS tape in my suitcase already! I might bring my all time favorite IMAX 2, to get autographed as well. It seems kind of weird to realize that there are actually real people out there that are big Cathe fans. In my little world it's just me that is a Cathe groupie, but in one week I 'll get up expand my horizons and meet other fans!

Thanks everyone! I've packed my first cathe VHS tape in my suitcase already! I might bring my all time favorite IMAX 2, to get autographed as well. It seems kind of weird to realize that there are actually real people out there that are big Cathe fans. In my little world it's just me that is a Cathe groupie, but in one week I 'll get up expand my horizons and meet other fans!

Kim, bring both! Cathe takes lots of time with the fans! If your suitcase is stuffed, just slip the paper cover out of the plastic to save room. Just wait, you're going to be going home with lots of new friends!

Kim, Debbie and Patricia - looking forward to meeting all of you next week. It's funny that I've started thinking of people based on their screen names from reading posts. Perhaps we should put our screen/user names on our name tags so that we recognize one another :)

See you soon.

Michelle

"Step N Motion III"

Let's see I bought my first "VHS" in 1992 through "Collage Videos" and it was "Step N Motion III" with the blue cover. I loved how Cathe combined weights with step and her hard core "ab training". I have been hooked ever since! I love how "Cathe" changes with us older gals by modifying to low impact, but boy do I still work out!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.