2 hour workouts..

judejude

Cathlete
Cathe, do you think that working out 2 consecutive hours every other day (lets say 3 days a week)or every day for 3 days will produce the same results as one hour each day for 6 days?

is there a difference?

I hope you are feeling better every day. I love every DVD you do.:D

Not Cathe but.......

Personally, when it comes to weight training I'd rather do a shorter workout every day rather than a longer one every other day. That way I can really focus on an individual muscle group when it hasn't been worn out by working a different muscle group. For example, I work chest & triceps on the same day. Since I'm engaging my triceps when I work chest, I've already tired out my tris somewhat before I've even started my routine.

That's my preference, but it isn't what my schedule allows, so I only lift 3 days a week.

But cardio, on the other hand, I do almost every day no matter what.

Thanks. No doubt I would much prefer a shorter workout over 5 or 6 days, but I my schedule doesn't often allow for an hour work out by the time I get home. This often messes up my roatation or I just lose momentum getting back.

On fri sat & sun & some times, one day during the week I have time for 1.5 or sometimes 2 hours to work out, but that would leave me w/3 consecutive days & occasionally one day during the week.

I just don't know if it would be benefitical overall. I can fit in the extra work out time on the weekend if it's worth it. But, again, I'm busy weekends too so if it's not going to do me any good, I don't want to lose time on the weekend for nothing.

Yeah I completely understand, it took me years to create a split I could actually live with. Also all my weight training is done at the gym which makes it a little less convenient.

If it helps, during the week I split the 2 hours & it's a little more tolerable. I usually do my cardio early morning before work, then lift or do core after work. I only have one serious lifting workout during the week (legs & chest). Then on Sat & Sun I do both cardio & lifting, I'm at the gym for about 2 hours both days.

I workout a total of about 10 hours a week, but every week is a challenge! :eek:

Thanks. I get up @5:30a for work & try to get home by 8p. I really don't want to get up any earlier on the weekdays. I'm trying to do my 1.5-2hr work outs fri nights & sat & sun mornings. If I do one hour in the morning on the weekend, by the time my day comes crashing to a halt it'll be so late that I won't do the 2nd hour. So for me, it's best to complete what I can, when I have the time & know I won't be back to it that day.

I guess I'll just see how it goes & do the best I can.

Thanks for your great advice and help.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.