1RM testing

Diann

When you are performing the exercises to find out your 1RM, how much rest time between exercised should you take? Should the exercised be spread out over a period of time to get a true measurement?

So glad I found this. I just received my XTrain set and was reading about calculating your 1RM and was wondering how much rest is necessary between each exercise. Would you say it's feasible to calculate all 41 exercises in an afternoon with the rest times in between, or should this testing get spread out over several days, ie: do 1 body part exercise each day (like Monday, test double arm row for back, alternating standing curls for biceps, chest fly for chest... etc. then Wednesday move down the list in similar fashion.)

I'm sure this has been discussed many times here on the forum, but when I put in the search field "1rm" it errors out on me saying the search term is too short. So, if there's other posts that describe this, I'd be grateful to be pointed their way. I lucked out in finding this post at the top of the Forum today.

Thank you!

So glad I found this. I just received my XTrain set and was reading about calculating your 1RM and was wondering how much rest is necessary between each exercise. Would you say it's feasible to calculate all 41 exercises in an afternoon with the rest times in between, or should this testing get spread out over several days, ie: do 1 body part exercise each day (like Monday, test double arm row for back, alternating standing curls for biceps, chest fly for chest... etc. then Wednesday move down the list in similar fashion.)

I'm sure this has been discussed many times here on the forum, but when I put in the search field "1rm" it errors out on me saying the search term is too short. So, if there's other posts that describe this, I'd be grateful to be pointed their way. I lucked out in finding this post at the top of the Forum today.

Thank you!
I do them over several days. I mix up body part exercises.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.